Coming off reco's

Started by sid3bysid3, February 20, 2012, 03:09:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid3bysid3

Wondering if anyone has any examples of midfielders seasons post knee reco?

None come to mind but looking for a reason to back Lenny in. Likely to look over unless convinced otherwise

cortez

what was michael voss like after his. reckon he would of gone ok.

fever

lenny is also benefitted by the fact he's had a full 12months to recover, rather than a mid or late season knee.

sid3bysid3

Are you guys considering him? I doubt he'll return to his premium 115+ days but if he can average 100 will push price up

Capper

Quote from: sid3bysid3 on February 20, 2012, 04:34:39 PM
Are you guys considering him? I doubt he'll return to his premium 115+ days but if he can average 100 will push price up
not at first, but then is hardly an upgrade target with the big premis ahead of him

SydneyRox

I tried to find it, but there was an article not that long ago, where someone did the homework and people coming back from serious reconstructions actually did alright in the first season back, the only exception was Nathan Brown, who took two seasons to return to best form.

sid3bysid3

That's interesting. I think his ame won't be impacted too greatly but it goes against my general rules. He finds the footy due to his will, never relied on burst or speed.

MC

Quote from: tabs on February 20, 2012, 04:54:45 PM
not at first, but then is hardly an upgrade target with the big premis ahead of him

If you don't think he'll get 110+ then don't bother getting him. For an extra 40k you could get Redden or Cotchin who are much more likely. No point spending 500k on a bloke who'll struggle to push out 100s... He won't be a keeper if that's the case - and he'll be a poor cash cow!

Bruizer81

Quote from: MC on February 20, 2012, 06:13:53 PM
Quote from: tabs on February 20, 2012, 04:54:45 PM

If you don't think he'll get 110+ then don't bother getting him. For an extra 40k you could get Redden or Cotchin who are much more likely. No point spending 500k on a bloke who'll struggle to push out 100s... He won't be a keeper if that's the case - and he'll be a poor cash cow!

Not sure how your calculations work MC

L. Hayes - $422K
Redden - $557K
Cotchin - $545K

There is $123 - $132K difference in price

Lenny looks good if he comes through the NAB well

MC

Sorry mate - thought he was 500k or so.

burner11

I had Barlow and Hayes in but with Barlow being sore from all reports I've gone Boyd as a 3rd mid. and a rookie instead to play it safe