Cox V Sandi

Started by sj9177, February 20, 2012, 12:08:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 03, 2012, 01:14:09 AM
Was anyone really considering Sandi?

Griffen stayed for a reason & then there's Clarke. Forget the bullshower he's been tried up forward this pre season.

Are u trying to say that clarke and griffen are pushing sandi out of the ruck position? Not in a million years Lol. sandi will still average atleast 110 this season and would be a very good pick..barely has to get a possesion to get a good score with his amount of tap outs to advantage every game.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: quinny88 on March 03, 2012, 01:22:02 AM
Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 03, 2012, 01:14:09 AM
Was anyone really considering Sandi?

Griffen stayed for a reason & then there's Clarke. Forget the bullshower he's been tried up forward this pre season.

Are u trying to say that clarke and griffen are pushing sandi out of the ruck position? Not in a million years Lol. sandi will still average atleast 110 this season and would be a very good pick..barely has to get a possesion to get a good score with his amount of tap outs to advantage every game.

No I'm not saying that at all, you said that. If you don't think that having Clarke & Griffen on the list is going to compromise Sandi's scoring then you are deluded. Throw in the fact he will score zeros this year because he will be rested, maybe now you get where I'm coming from. Of course it's all speculation & yes sandi may score 110 AVERAGE.

meow meow

Sandi is the only player in the league capable of averaging 150.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2012, 01:49:30 AM

Well, if you believe that.....Just answer 2 q's, Mumford can't on the SCG? Secondly you use the word AVERAGE, so is he really going to play 22 rounds?

meow meow

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 03, 2012, 01:54:57 AM

Well, if you believe that.....Just answer 2 q's, Mumford can't on the SCG? Secondly you use the word AVERAGE, so is he really going to play 22 rounds?

Mumford isn't any more reliable than Sandilands when it comes to games played. I'd pick them both if I knew they were good for 22. Seaby isn't a total spud, and is more than capable of filling in for Mummy, just as Griffin can do at Freo. Mumford is still too inconsistent. You'll get 100 out of Sandi every week.

So... pick Cox.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2012, 02:04:21 AM
Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 03, 2012, 01:54:57 AM

Mumford isn't any more reliable than Sandilands when it comes to games played. I'd pick them both if I knew they were good for 22. Seaby isn't a total spud, and is more than capable of filling in for Mummy, just as Griffin can do at Freo. Mumford is still too inconsistent. You'll get 100 out of Sandi every week.

So... pick Cox.

Obviously we have different opinions on how the rucks go this year. I'm picking Mummy to stand out as number one, your're assuming Mumford is, what going to be rested? I would say no. Brain fart suspension? Cox (& he's top price now)is every bit as likely to drop points this year, for similar reasons to Sandi (nic nat paddy whack). You don't think they'll throw games at Lycett?

meow meow

Lycett won't get too many games while West Coast think they are genuine flag contenders. He won't be a part of the flag tilt that includes Cox. so there is no need to rush his development.

Mumford has had a few injuries in his time, and if he has a niggle, Sydney have the option of resting him. He's yet to play a full season, for various reasons and the trend has just as much chance to continue as Sandilands missing games does.

Cox had Nic Nat in his team all of last year and that didn't seem to hurt him. It won't hurt this year either.

Obese Arachnid

Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2012, 03:18:13 AM
Lycett won't get too many games while West Coast think they are genuine flag contenders. He won't be a part of the flag tilt that includes Cox. so there is no need to rush his development.

Mumford has had a few injuries in his time, and if he has a niggle, Sydney have the option of resting him. He's yet to play a full season, for various reasons and the trend has just as much chance to continue as Sandilands missing games does.

Cox had Nic Nat in his team all of last year and that didn't seem to hurt him. It won't hurt this year either.

Guess that's why SC is interesting/subjective, you've stated, I've stated, you'll back yourself in & so will I.  ;D

EDIT: Doesn't mean Coxy won't be in my team by years end, just I'm not willing to back him now.

meow meow

Quote from: Obese Arachnid on March 03, 2012, 03:37:24 AM
Quote from: meow meow on March 03, 2012, 03:18:13 AM

Guess that's why SC is interesting/subjective, you've stated, I've stated, you'll back yourself in & so will I.  ;D

EDIT: Doesn't mean Coxy won't be in my team by years end, just I'm not willing to back him now.

I haven't even made a draft of my team yet so I have no idea who i'll go with.

All I am saying is that I think Sandi and Mummy will miss games for whatever reason. History suggests they will. They could have the highest averages, but that counts for little when they miss games. 22 games from McEvoy at an average of 105 yields 2310 points. 18 games at 115 from Mummy yields 2070 + 280 (4 x 70 from Giles) = 2350. 40 points extra for $60K. Worth it? A back rookie up to Marty Clarke will get you more than 40 extra points for the season.