Your not my buddy!

Started by craig22, February 18, 2012, 12:06:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

craig22

Hmm after watching nab cup and hearing buddy will play more in the midfield im considering leaving him out as it looks like he will give away alot more frees and wont be kicking as many goals..am i going crazy?

tor01doc

MC

Yes. He'll be the only forward averaging above 115 by the end of the season, and you'll kick yourself for choosing a cheaper alternative. Who else is there?
Rioli? - Hammies
Chappy? - Hammies
Goodes? - Getting old
Harvey? - Getting old

etc

craig22

theta

Quote from: craig22 on February 18, 2012, 12:15:16 AM
Dusty Martin over buddy

even with the draw thats not as crazy as it sounds.

craig22

Buddy gives away too many frees when is in the forward line..imagine how many he will give away if his around the play alot more!

newfreofan

craig22

if conca is gonna go for 3-4 weeks imagine when buddy lays 1 of buddys specials he will  get 6-8 weeks ;)

MC

Cool, get rid of him, he's priced way too high, won't get many points, and certainly won't be a top 5 forward option this year... I'll be laughing when I've got him as a FF 'unique.'

What a joke.

2 large cokes

clearly hands down the best forward option by far! lol at all these people contemplating wether to pick him or not. he's given away an average of 3-4 frees a game every year before now and still has been the best. when the hawks have got Mitchell sewell hodge Cyril shiels Burgoyne all running through the middle bud will be plonked in the goal square like usual and kick his 5. give away 5 frees and still score 120+. but like MC said don't pick him!!!

Noz

Even in years gone by Buddy has roamed up the ground every now and then for 4-5 minutes just to get his eye in the game. Buddy will not be spending a huge amount of time in the guts this season nor any season.

If you have a brain fade and for some reason don't want to start with him he MAY drop down in price early in the season (Not a huge decrease) with matches against Collingwood , Geelong, Adelaide. Although all 3 matches are at the "G".

Scores last season against the the oppostion in the first 3 rounds
Collingwood - 66,79
Geelong - 85,93
Adelaide - 72

You could be laughing if he has these scores setting up a high break even for rounds 4-5 could be a steal come round 5-6. In saying that pick Buddy and ride the bumps with him your going to struggle if you don't pick him up.

cortez

definately dont pick him. he is 25 and over the hill. gives away too many fre kicks and cant see him kicking goals forom the mids. can see his average dropping below 80. definately stay away!!!

ando_10

Quote from: craig22 on February 18, 2012, 12:06:43 AM
Hmm after watching nab cup and hearing buddy will play more in the midfield im considering leaving him out as it looks like he will give away alot more frees and wont be kicking as many goals..am i going crazy?

one game and your thinking of putting a line through him??

do it at your own peril mate.

Colliwobblers

LOL after watching the NAB CUP you should know buddy doesnt cut it as a rookie midfielder, he was hopeless and the coach knows it he will playing forward like every other season, you cant make a forward a good midfielder over night.

He looked lost in there imagine how he would look against the pies or blues ect. midfields.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/129124/default.aspx

articel for back up, but i stated last night in teh comments thread he didnt look good in the midfield,  ;D

Maca24

Was only a warm up colliwobblers. lets not jump the gun. ;)