Richmond vs North Melbourne

Started by chrism9377, February 17, 2012, 08:46:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chrism9377

Which players impressed you from that first game?

for me it was martin, maric, ziebell, cotchin, morris..

TheBestThereIs

what are your thoughts on Ziebell? if Barlow has a poor nab cup...Ziebell in Barlow out?

Colliwobblers

conca! 33 DT points, martin 43 miller 47 way in front of the rest. Commentators reckon conca will be out for 3, for an accidental clash?

north swallow, hmac did a bit, liked tarrant fwd he was a spud in def last season, HATE firrito what a dud.

TheMailman

Seeing as M0nty's scores were playing up can someone give me a rundown of the best players?

chrism9377

really liked ziebell towards the end of last year definately in my shortlist. Yea wat did u guys think of derickx. i really liked wat maric did in the ruck could be a good pick up

Colliwobblers

roo boys!

Quote from: TheBestThereIs on February 17, 2012, 08:51:27 PM
what are your thoughts on Ziebell? if Barlow has a poor nab cup...Ziebell in Barlow out?
Gun, will score well. Not worried about him missing the first two rounds though?

Hippo

Colliwobblers

conca gonna get rubbed out for 2-4 not sure i want him that much

Talisman

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 17, 2012, 08:52:20 PM
conca! 33 DT points, martin 43 miller 47 way in front of the rest. Commentators reckon conca will be out for 3, for an accidental clash?

north swallow, hmac did a bit, liked tarrant fwd he was a spud in def last season, HATE firrito what a dud.
Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 17, 2012, 09:52:34 PM
conca gonna get rubbed out for 2-4 not sure i want him that much

Not accidental. Not saying it was particularly malicious, but as Eddie just said on FoxFooty, 3 little words will crush him: DUTY. OF. CARE. Now if you're an AFL footballer it doesn't matter if you're the nicest bloke or the cleanest player, you have a responsibility to not injure/hurt a player if there is ANYWAY YOU CAN AVOID IT. That, coupled with the fact that it was about 50 metres off the play means he's got to miss at least 3 weeks, under the AFL's new law - brought in to rectify what happened with Campbell Brown (i.e. when he elbowed Callan Ward miles behind the play and only got 2 weeks) - the AFL do not want ANY behind the play incidents anymore - period.

As for the game, thought Conca & Ziebell were both v.impressive - interesting to look at both of the Tigers' games, thought Steven Morris was more impressive than Brandon Ellis - what did others think?

Usman

what eddie said is all very well and good but if it was a Collingwood player he would probably say it should washover in the tribunal cause it was a non issue. i dont even think i dont hate Collingwood anymore i just hate eddie.

in saying this i dont think conca deserves to get off, just that eddie wouldnt say this if it was his own. thats my whinge for the night lol.

Ziplock

Quote from: Usman on February 18, 2012, 12:22:37 AM
what eddie said is all very well and good but if it was a Collingwood player he would probably say it should washover in the tribunal cause it was a non issue. i dont even think i dont hate Collingwood anymore i just hate eddie.

in saying this i dont think conca deserves to get off, just that eddie wouldnt say this if it was his own. thats my whinge for the night lol.

+1

just to the hating eddie bit.

although I feel sorry for him, considering pendles will be at GWS next year....

Noz

To mention a smokie, Ben Cunnington combined for 16 touches tonight. Did some okay things.

Colliwobblers

look zip U CANT HAVE PENDLES take Daisy.

i had conca locked against all the criticism in the world but almost 300K on the bench for 2-5 weeks i cant do that.

i wasnt overly impressed with eyeball or swallow tbh, but some of the 2nd year north guys looked good, and i disagree with the commentators i think tarrant presented well and did better playing forward than he did down back last season

bottlemart

Some good points made all round.

I'm looking at ziebell for mid 5 spot.  he had a good game against tiges but poor game against hawks, so hard to gauge and need to see him in the next 2 nab games he plays.  Could break out this year, so wanna be on him if he does, but it may backfire if he doesn't.

Cunnington was also good as has been mentioned.  Both ziebell and cunnington were heavily critisized for their lack of fitness base and the critisizm was certainly warranted, and the word is that they have rectified that problem during the of season.  Both awkwardly priced for SC though.

Both didn't do a pre season last year with cunnington injured and ziebell coming off seccond broken leg, but word is thay have both had good a pre season.  having said that, ziebell needs to play well against the top sides such as the hawks to warrant sc selection. 

Tarrant looked OK up forward, and also in defence at times, but not on radar at the moment.  Looks like palying more up forward thsi year.

Gibson seems to find the ball so definately looking at bench spot if elevated.

For tiges, I also think morris as best back rookie.  martin will be good this year, but unsure if to have him in from the start, as looking at buddy, fyfe, and cyril in the over $500k bracket, with then a couple of sub $500ks players and theres plenty of them to choose, I reckon 6 are realistic chances for breakouts and furthe improvemant.

derrickx could get a game this year, so may be OK as R4.

Was trying to get a good look at burgoyne, and he seems to have lost none of the silk that he has always had.  bargain price and could get back to his best, but has that defensive role so unsure how he will score.  Have yarran in front of him atm, but silky burgoyne is a bit cheaper and is a proven sc gun.  Just a matter of whether he can re produce.

Still like cyril if he can stay injury free, and budy's a lock for me.  Hodge was just Ok I thought, but only nab cup so hard to gauge whether he will be in the top 6 mids by years end but proven sc gun, if he can stay injury free, hes at an attrractive price.     

Swallow was a bit quiet aswell for north, so like hodge, hard to gauge as to waht he will do in the main season.  A safer bet than ziebell, but with the extra price tag.  scored 193 in a gaame at etihad with 14 contested possessions in the first quarter tat day, so can rack up the big ones, so hes in the mix with north having a better draw in the first half of the season.