Which line of selections are weak with rookies?.

Started by burner11, February 16, 2012, 09:02:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

burner11

With GWS there are so many options, My view is the backs will be lacking so stack that line with Prems. and midpricers...What's everyones view?

4INAROW

i've 4 premiums, 1 mid pricer and 2 rookies down back, i spose wait till nab and if the mid rookies tear it up and the backs don't show us much maybe add a premium/mid-pricer to your backs and rookie to your mids.

PICCOLLO

I think fwds are lacking rookies.  With lake, smedts, two richmond boys, wilkes, bower and clarke, there is plenty of defense potential.  Not to mention gws rookies who will be very busy.
Fwd line is trickier - more midprice there seems sensible.

jfitty

Quote from: PICCOLLO on February 16, 2012, 09:26:45 PM
I think fwds are lacking rookies.  With lake, smedts, two richmond boys, wilkes, bower and clarke, there is plenty of defense potential.  Not to mention gws rookies who will be very busy.

+1

I think the forward line is very hard to pick rookies in. My last few forwards at the moment are Porps and Macaffer, but in the backline I have Ellis, Bower, Clarke and Lake. On top of that I think the backline premiums and mid priced players are hard to pick outside of Goddard, Shaw and Deledio. So I would recommend picking a stronger forward line and using cheap players and rookies to fill your backs.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: PICCOLLO on February 16, 2012, 09:26:45 PM

Don't forget there are so many DPP options in the forwards.
That's where I've stacked up my mid pricers :P

Colliwobblers

i wouldnt stack any line with premiums, a good spread is best to have the best spread of scoring and cash cow rookies.

For a start you have clark in def is a must have

then you have morris and ellis awesome, then blee from port could be great, kohr, darley, bugg all could go off from gws, brown from ade, spurr fre ? , wilkes stk? , and heres one to watch maybe for an upgrade target, baguley ESS, he's my smokie rook def.

if your rich pick buntine

SonsOfZeus

i would say backs are probably the hardest just over fwds.

ellis,morris,wilkes,smedts,spurr,clarke and you dont want to stak the backs with prtems because goddard is the only real ultra down there and the mids/rucks score more.

mids have shiel,clifton,horsley,macdonald,mitchell pretty much everyone

rucks are o and giles

fwds are pfieffer,zorko,walsh, saad but FRE,GEEL,SYD,ESS and COLL share the bye so choose prem carefully

JamSainter

I don't believe Clarke is a must have at all. 60K cheaper and you can get someone who has just as much scoring potential as Clarke. My foward rookies are T. Walsh, S. Rowe, B. Smedts and my smokie (A. Kennedy (GWS)) And they will all get games.

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: JamSainter on February 16, 2012, 11:18:19 PM
I don't believe Clarke is a must have at all. 60K cheaper and you can get someone who has just as much scoring potential as Clarke. My foward rookies are T. Walsh, S. Rowe, B. Smedts and my smokie (A. Kennedy (GWS)) And they will all get games.

pretty sure rowe is injured and will struggle to get games anyway. and clarke is capable of 75-80 a game rebounding well worth it if he can get that considering 100 from anyback other than god,lid,shaw and scot is a reasonable score

MC

Quote from: SonsOfZeus on February 16, 2012, 11:22:07 PM
Quote from: JamSainter on February 16, 2012, 11:18:19 PM

pretty sure rowe is injured and will struggle to get games anyway. and clarke is capable of 75-80 a game rebounding well worth it if he can get that considering 100 from anyback other than god,lid,shaw and scot is a reasonable score

Only reasonable?! 100 from a def other than those 4 is unbelievable!!! Good luck if you're aiming for 100s across your back line... 90-95 is more like it, 110+ from mids and rucks and 100s in the fwds. Imo that would be the benchmark.

burner11

Some great reading so far, keep it up supercoachers ;-)

4INAROW

some defensive rookies may score the same as clarke but won't produce it as consistently and have the same job security

cortez

I dont see clarke having great js. two years out is a long time in football. ive stacked my forward line with prems and gone for more rookies in the backline and mids.

Backs: Mohr, ellis, morris, Brown, Smedts
Mids: Stevens, clifton, horsely, shiel, gibson
Rucks: O, Giles
Fwds: Zorko, Michelle, Hampton

well thats what im thinking atm. bound to change  a few times lol

Capper

Quote from: cortez on February 17, 2012, 06:29:13 PM
I dont see clarke having great js. two years out is a long time in football. ive stacked my forward line with prems and gone for more rookies in the backline and mids.

Backs: Mohr, ellis, morris, Brown, Smedts
Mids: Stevens, clifton, horsely, shiel, gibson
Rucks: O, Giles
Fwds: Zorko, Michelle, Hampton

well thats what im thinking atm. bound to change  a few times lol

Wow 5 rookies in the mids and backs.

My problem with rookie backs are that they will probably sit on someone the whole game. The same can be said for rookie mids and forwards (except GWS and a few others).

Who is this Michelle character you speak of??

cortez

the way i see it is backline prems are hard to come by so just gonna wait and see who steps up tben grab em andin the mids. alot of good scoring options so a lot of money to be made.
michelle pheiffer :-)