Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on June 20, 2012, 07:35:36 PM
if you don't really care about win, just trade whoever has the highest BE.
well, this weeks league game is as good as won

treloar has the higher BE, over 100 if i remember correctly, but this is his first bad game and has shown he can score keeper worthy (had an average of 81 up until last week) him and zorko could be a great M7/F7 combo!

i dont have the same optimisim for d.smith.....would much rather trade him out, but I would gain less $$$

charliesheen

its up to you.  Milera might be worth keeping, has pretty awesome JS, but R13 bye.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on June 20, 2012, 07:42:42 PM
its up to you.  Milera might be worth keeping, has pretty awesome JS, but R13 bye.
yeah great js for milera....never know when he might come in handy 8) as i said, not worried about R13, got it won, the bloke im playing is tanking this round!

comes down to
Reasons to trade Treloar - is very pricey, will bleed $$$ for a couple of weeks
Reasons to keep Treloar - has scored well consistently

Reasons to trade D.Smith - isnt as gooder (is that a word?) scorer as Treloar
Reasons to keep D.Smith - shouldnt drop too much in price

Reasons to trade Milera - has peaked in price, isnt a high scorer
Reasons to keep Milera - great job security

so trades for this week Charliesheen: sandi & two of milera, d.smith & treloar > campbell, swan, goodes
future trades: orren > mumford (or other bottomed out ruck)

would leave team as something like this:

5 trades
B: goddard deledio scotland broughton h.shaw malceski s.shaw <ellis darley>
M: ablett pendlebury boyd selwood  priddis swan  <shiel gibson>
R: mumford giles <redden campbell>
F: franklin sidebottom dangerfield zaharakis martin goodes zorko<milera adams>

thoughts? keep in mind, i would like 3-4 trades for finals

charliesheen

just mess around with stuff.

If you pick up cheaper guys like Josh Kennedy, Cloke, etc could mean you can finish your back line better

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on June 20, 2012, 08:39:18 PM
just mess around with stuff.

If you pick up cheaper guys like Josh Kennedy, Cloke, etc could mean you can finish your back line better
yeah good point! I think I need swan! not gonna take shortcuts with mids.....im seriously considering cloke tho! but is cloke a good enough F6? As im keeping zorks as F7?

charliesheen

Well you need to look @ things as a whole.  Equation could comes down to

Cloke & Carrots

vs

Goodes & Rookie

Cloke as North Melbourne in R21, could absolutely smash them.  I dunno you have to look at your bank yourself its too hard for me.

Jay

the rooke, what position???? Also who would I trade to Carrots? Hard to do the maths if not sure on key points...

dont wanna sound too cocky...but there is a decent chance, ill have a week off in R21...making Cloke's score useless...dont wanna get too far ahead of myself though :D

tor01doc

Hey J, G'day,

How about

OUT go Sandi Treloar and Milera

IN come NicNat (Ryder) Beams and Crozier / Couch.

All depends upon selections of course, but you get 2 keepers in for 1 out.

Leaves you just 5 trades but then only need Swan when he drops a bit, one def upgrade, say Birchall and maybe one fwd if you don't like Zorko as F7.

Food for thought.

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on June 20, 2012, 09:32:16 PM
Hey J, G'day,

How about

OUT go Sandi Treloar and Milera

IN come NicNat (Ryder) Beams and Crozier / Couch.

All depends upon selections of course, but you get 2 keepers in for 1 out.

Leaves you just 5 trades but then only need Swan when he drops a bit, one def upgrade, say Birchall and maybe one fwd if you don't like Zorko as F7.

Food for thought.
GoodDay to you as well Doc 8)

I like that as well! Little less risky than CS's idea as well, gotta risk it to get that biscuit tho ;)

like many, im not sold on either crozier or couch! patton has best js of all but too expensive, morabito will be a nice downgrade in the mids soon, might wait till he presents himself...also i believe 3 trades leaves me with 6 trades not 5!

tor01doc

That extra trade is part of my bill!  ;)

Jay

also...thoughts on shiel and eski? shiel is getting near his peak (be of 55) and if I get swn, dont want him just sitting on bench! Also with ellis/darley/s.shaw doing well...could I get away with playing one of those a week as a D7...if that's the case, then I could trade eski???

If i trade treloar > swan...then I would lose DPP which I need to help cover Zaha!

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on June 20, 2012, 09:49:34 PM
That extra trade is part of my bill!  ;)
haha! well Doc's always do overcharge

tor01doc

Shiel worth hanging onto for a week or two in terms of $ and hopefully gets a game.

Suspect Treloar will be generally sore. Might start using that diagnosis as a matter of fact!

High BE for Hargrave and Eski - maybe time to go for one.

Swan would be a great C this week with Ablett, Pendles and Ledger out.

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on June 20, 2012, 09:54:22 PM
Shiel worth hanging onto for a week or two in terms of $ and hopefully gets a game.

Suspect Treloar will be generally sore. Might start using that diagnosis as a matter of fact!

High BE for Hargrave and Eski - maybe time to go for one.

Swan would be a great C this week with Ablett, Pendles and Ledger out.

wait what??? 1. i dont have hargrave and 2. what the flower has ledger got to do with captaincy!? haha your a strange doctor ;)

okay ill keep shiel and bite the bullet (the losing DPP bullet)

tossing up between these trades:
sandi, treloar and milera > campbell, cloke, swan (150k in the bank)

VS

sandi, treloar and milera > NicNat, Beams(Goodes), Patton

Jay

im liking this idea! sandi, treloar and milera > campbell, cloke, swan (150k in the bank)

then orren/redden > mumford once bottomed out

then all I need is carrots in the backs and im done :) this can be achieved my a shiel > morabito trade in a couple of rounds