Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Ok im thinking

a) one trade ellis-->spurr

b) double trade ellis-->spurr & hall-->?

Keeping bugg becuae I need all the round 11 bye defenders I can get ad getting rid of ellis because he has a high b/e and isnt in need of being played in bye rounds.......im keeping porps becuase I think he can hold an F7 until I get around to my last fwd upgrade and we all saw how st kilda's small forwards destroyed carlton on Monday

charliesheen

I think a lot depends if you plan on tanking the byes, and which bye you plan on tanking.

You don't really need another R12 back rookie like Spurr.  Already have Broughton, Shaw, Malceski, Smedts.

Jay

good to have you backs CS!

im not really planning to tank the byes, but I.dont think i have to really worry about them as I am undefeated in my league...as long as I finish top 4 ill be happy :) of course I dont want to completely bomb out in all 3.rounds tho and see my overall go down and down and down as I see finishing with best average at end of season a critical bragging right!

no I dont NEED another rnd 12 defender but spurr is tempting! and im not sure on Brennan's and Wilkes' JS

charliesheen

I think the trade will be situational because I am not sure Spurr is going to be the next Nick Lower.  There could be plenty of other rookies like Zorko, Sexton, Darley, etc which will you allow you to upgrade the backs to suit the byes rather than downgrade.

Also Jenkins might be a legitimate option so you may not need the Roughead/Pattison combination.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on May 16, 2012, 07:48:19 PM
I think the trade will be situational because I am not sure Spurr is going to be the next Nick Lower.  There could be plenty of other rookies like Zorko, Sexton, Darley, etc which will you allow you to upgrade the backs to suit the byes rather than downgrade.

Also Jenkins might be a legitimate option so you may not need the Roughead/Pattison combination.
yeah good call! spurr isnt a must ill admit!!

what do you think of porps-->lake (smedts fwd)??? it would give me an extra rnd 11 defender and an extra round 12 fwd which is what I need! while also getting rid of a rnd 12 defender and a rnd 11 fwd :D

my forward line would become sh!thouse tho!!!
thoughts?

charliesheen

Lake is a tricky one. 

I reckon hold trade, and bring in Zorko and R12 premium forward next week.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on May 16, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
Lake is a tricky one. 
95 3-round average and a >90 5-round average! At 380k (i think) pretty good price for proven premium.

Quote from: charliesheen on May 16, 2012, 08:32:25 PM
I reckon hold trade, and bring in Zorko and R12 premium forward next week.
yeah a possibility! Porps and Milera out for Zorko and steveJ/beams/zaha!?!?!? Only problem is almost now-or-never for steveJ and Zaha as both have un-missable breakevens.......

charliesheen

This is what I would personally do. 

Porplyzia > Harvey

Goddard deledio shaw broughton malceski bugg morris <ellis(E) smedts>
Pendlebury ablett murphy boyd selwood magner <shiel mcdonald>
Sandi giles <redden stephenson>
Franklin sidebottom martin harvey adams treloar d.smith <milera hall>

Shiel > Zorko
D.Smith > Zaharackis

Goddard deledio shaw broughton malceski bugg morris <ellis(E) smedts>
Pendlebury ablett murphy boyd selwood magner <zorko mcdonald>
Sandi giles <redden stephenson>
Franklin sidebottom martin harvey zaharackis adams treloar <milera hall>

... Hope Sexton comes on bubble now.

Good luck :) 

Jay

thanks mate :)

harvey??? really??? been shower this year!!!!! whitecross/blair instead?

i like shiel-->zorko! would enable mpp which i like.

likewise with Dsmith-->Zaha all good :) but harvey?? cheers buddy

charliesheen

ya 430k for single trade is too hard to pass up.  porplyzia has done his job.  pretty confident he will come good, averages 124 against port adelaide this week.

boomer always does this, the issue is always with "timing" when to get him into your team.  get him in too early, you cop all those showerty scores.

Jay

yep 430k for a proven 100ppg is good value...could drop more with a b/e in the mid-120s

porps is gone I agree with that :)

im also confident boomer will come back as well but when? hasnt shown any signs yet?

whitecross is tempting with his mid-50 b/e...also cheaper than harvey and averaging more :D

charliesheen

Your going to need R11 premium at some stage.  The only real options are Danger & Boomer really. 

430K for proven & durable R11 forward too hard to pass up.  You should be happy you paid peanuts for him.

charliesheen

Keep forgetting your going for leagues.  One thing you may consider is tanking R12 and avoiding the weak R11 options.  This could mean selling Bugg for Spurr this week.

R12: Swan, Pendlebury, Selwood, Kennedy, Watson, Stanton, SJ, Chapman, Beams, Sidebottom, Zaharackis, Duffield, Heppel, etc...

So many good options.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on May 16, 2012, 10:34:26 PM
Your going to need R11 premium at some stage.  The only real options are Danger & Boomer really. 

430K for proven & durable R11 forward too hard to pass up.  You should be happy you paid peanuts for him.
yep good call :)

if i wanted danger i could get him by: ellis-->spurr & porps -->danger

would screw my rnd 12 backs tho!!! gotta weigh up the pros & cons!

correct me if im wrong...dont I need a rnd 12 fwd??? as my only one is sidey atm

charliesheen

Mix 13 & 12's don't worry about round 11's unless they are on your bench.  Mainly 12's though.

Tanking R12 means, getting as many R12's as possible.