Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: GoldDigger on April 26, 2012, 10:24:44 PM
I'm with Ringo ...
care to elaborate GD?

Quote from: charliesheen on April 27, 2012, 12:18:10 AM
Ok... In regards to the ruck.

Option A)

Bite the bullet take Naitanui on the cheap and pretend this never happened.  Assumes these type of stupid injuries will occur, and he will fade in 2nd half of season.

Option B)

Assume Sandilands will be the highest scoring ruck of 2012, averaging close to ~115+, missing about 2-3 games, with 1 game not covered by rookie score.

Take a pick on the assumption you want to make.  Neither is correct or incorrect.  With the way Redden/Orren are looking each game Sandilands misses may be potentially a donut using the 3RR structure.
I sense you are leaning towards trading sandi then? Ill admit it has merit...you see what I mean tho as I only traded him in last week ::) sandi has turned injury prone and as you said CS by the looks of it donuts will come...if you can tell me that if you were in my situation* you would trade him out I would happily do it!

*my situation- having just traded in sandi....have already used 3 trades (not including ledger > treloar this week)...have an easy league game this week (next week not so easy)

charliesheen

I'm neutral  8)

I can understand if you can keep him or trade him out of your team.  If league only, yeah keep him.

charliesheen

Like I said, it comes down to the assumptions you want to make.

If you assume Sandilands season's total will still be greater than all the other rucks, you keep him.  This assumes you have adequate cover.

If you assume Naitanui/Ryder/etc can match his season's total @ 100K+ cheaper you should really trade.

Now I am biased, because I strongly believed people should never have started either Sandilands or Mumford with the 3RR structure, because the risks out weigh the benefits.

I also believe Naitanui will easily average ~105 sc, and is currently underpriced and basically a 100% lock for me next year.

Your call...  I think your trade situation is okay tbh, and save a lot of heart attacks.

Jay

Plenty of food for thought there CS!!! Think im leabing towards holding as sandi should repay the faith when he returns....

MC

I'm in the same boat Jay - traded in Sandi for Mummy last week and intend to keep him. I already had Nic Nat however, and think Giles is a more than adequate cover. Can you justify 2 sideways ruck trades in the space of two weeks? ZCould be that NicNat goes down and Sandi is back next week... then what? :o

charliesheen

Quote from: MC on April 27, 2012, 01:19:21 PM
ZCould be that NicNat goes down and Sandi is back next week... then what? :o

Delete team?

MC

Quote from: charliesheen on April 27, 2012, 01:44:37 PM
Quote from: MC on April 27, 2012, 01:19:21 PM
ZCould be that NicNat goes down and Sandi is back next week... then what? :o

Delete team?

Lol +1
I'd actually consider it!

Jay

Think im gonna hold sandi...doing ledger-->treloar tho :D

Jay

Round 5 score: 1864                      Overall: 25212                 round 5 rank: 119687             league position: 2

dropped down 11,889 places in overall and dropped to 2nd in my main league!

my team:
86.3k           20 trades
Goddard deledio malceski ellis broughton bugg morris <shaw smedts(E)>
Ablett(C) murphy(VC) selwood boyd magner mcdonald <shiel(E) treloar>
Giles sandi <redden stephenson>
Franklin goodes kennedy porplyzia sidearse martin milera <smith(E) hall>

anyone have any trade ideas?????????

charliesheen

Wait and see who is named.  With Sandilands in your team, I would consider Porps > Roughead.  Which may mean downgrading Devon Smith to Horsley or Pfieffer.

Means next time Sandilands misses, just downgrade one of your rucks to Rowe/Pattison/etc.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on April 30, 2012, 07:39:28 PM
Wait and see who is named.  With Sandilands in your team, I would consider Porps > Roughead.  Which may mean downgrading Devon Smith to Horsley or Pfieffer.

Means next time Sandilands misses, just downgrade one of your rucks to Rowe/Pattison/etc.
does sound like a good plan CS!!! Bit premature to trade out porps tho???

Jay

charliesheen

Porps > cheapest ruck MPP
Redden > roughead

enough cash to do that?

Sandilands looking like missing agian.

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on May 01, 2012, 06:15:06 PM
Porps > cheapest ruck MPP
Redden > roughead

enough cash to do that?

Sandilands looking like missing agian.
50k off mate :/

Jay

Ive done the calculations and these are my trade options:

Double trade:
Porps-->5fa
Magner-->hayes/barlow

Porps-->5fa
Magner-->danger/zaha/beams/lewis/robinson/pav

Porps-->5fa
Magner (sub kennedy/treloar)-->roughead

OR
just the one trade:
Porps-->5fa

D.smith-->5fa

Or simply stick with having 20 trades 8)