Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamesHarden13

Thanks for the rate and that on my team, heres my feedback on yours.

backs - love them, as they are very similar to mine, cant fault.
mids - three guns three rooks seems to be the go this year, and caddy is going to be a very good pick up! not sold on kavs job security thought.
rucks - not sold on h mac just yet, wouldnt have him personally.
forwards - porplyzia is almost to expensive for f6, i would downgrade dangerfield to saad, and use the cash to upgrade macintosh to cox, could be a huge ruck combo that way!
9/10, few educated risks but should be worth it, good team!

Jay

Quote from: JamesHarden13 on March 11, 2012, 06:42:16 PM
Thanks for the rate and that on my team, heres my feedback on yours.

backs - love them, as they are very similar to mine, cant fault.
mids - three guns three rooks seems to be the go this year, and caddy is going to be a very good pick up! not sold on kavs job security thought.
rucks - not sold on h mac just yet, wouldnt have him personally.
forwards - porplyzia is almost to expensive for f6, i would downgrade dangerfield to saad, and use the cash to upgrade macintosh to cox, could be a huge ruck combo that way!
9/10, few educated risks but should be worth it, good team!
yeah im hoping caddy guns it :D im not sold on kav either but what other rnd12 bye options do I have now that neale has gone down! I think h-mac will have a good year, and at that price he is very hard to ignore. I like porps as f6 because atm the forward line rookies are weak this year, so starting 2 would result in some low scores. So you think cox/saad will outscore danger/h-mac? Cheers mate, helped a lot :)

Jay

TEAM A- 16k left!

Goddard shaw birchall heppell lake ellis darley <smedts morris>
Ablett murphy selwood caddy hogan kavanagh <d.smith miles>
Mumford h-mac <giles redden>
Franklin goodes pavlich martin dangerfield porplyzia couch<hall h-smith>

TEAM B- 34k left

Goddard shaw birchall broughtonl lake ellis darley <smedts morris>
Ablett swan selwood caddy hogan wingard <d.smith miles>
Cox redden<giles o-steph>
Franklin goodes fyfe martin dangerfield porplyzia couch<pfeiffer h-smith>

which team?

Ringo

Will assess this way Jay

Backs: Difference between Broughton and Heppell favour Broughton Slightly
Mids: Basically difference between Swan and Murphy,  Swan winds no question
Rucks: Cox/Reddan   v Mumford/Hmac  With Cox outstanding form and working out H Mac with Goldstein in Petrie would slightly favour Cox/Reddan
Forwards: Choice between Pav and Fyfe and I would possibly call this even.

So what does this say basically Team B has the better scoring potential imo. Others may differ though.

Jay

*LATEST SIDE*

Goddard shaw birchall broughton lake ellis darley <smedts morris>
Ablett swan selwood caddy hogan clifton <d.smith miles>
Franklin goodes fyfe martin dangerfield porplyzia couch<pfeiffer h-smith>

what do ya think of the new team? I have enough $$$ to do birchall-->deledio? Disappointed i cant trade danger-->harvey tho!

tor01doc

Ok but I can only see 12 real premiums.

Some have claimed up to 15 - but that's BS isn't it?

Deledio for later I think. Draw from hell - Carlton in the game that has made the Tigers Carlton's baitch / Collingwood on the rebound (Go Hawks) / Melbourne (OK may win this) / Geelong @ Geelong (2 in a row unlikely) / WCE!

Going for Hogan and Caddy a bit greedy maybe? If you let one go for a rookie priced rookie you can afford Boomer.

Also Lake and Porps are other non rookie priced starters who could go well but will cost you a premium I think.

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on March 12, 2012, 10:20:40 PM
Ok but I can only see 12 real premiums.

Some have claimed up to 15 - but that's BS isn't it?

Deledio for later I think. Draw from hell - Carlton in the game that has made the Tigers Carlton's baitch / Collingwood on the rebound (Go Hawks) / Melbourne (OK may win this) / Geelong @ Geelong (2 in a row unlikely) / WCE!

Going for Hogan and Caddy a bit greedy maybe? If you let one go for a rookie priced rookie you can afford Boomer.

Also Lake and Porps are other non rookie priced starters who could go well but will cost you a premium I think.
yeah 12 premiums + my mid-pricers, danger, caddy, porps, lake. Yeah i think ill settle with birchall for now! Im set on caddy...i want him in my team! Not fussed on hogan but what other options do I have? Lake and porps are locks i think :)

Jay

*LATEST SIDE*

Goddard shaw deledio broughton lake ellis darley <smedts morris>
Ablett pendles selwood caddy miles clifton <kerridge kavanagh>
Franklin goodes pav martin dangerfield porplyzia d.smith<pfeiffer couch>

Bosh

Quote from: Jayman on March 13, 2012, 11:53:33 PM
*LATEST SIDE*

Backs: Can't really fault you here, very much stock standard field line up. Only thing is with the rookies not sure how their JS is, Morris seems to be fighting for a position with ellis and B Ellis is in front. Smedts for obvious reasons playing at Geelong but he will definitely get games just not sure how early.

Mids: Obviously the first 3 are dominant nothing to complain about there. But with caddy do you think he will average above 75-80? Personally you might as well find a decent rookie/mature age around 106k-130 (or Magner if he comes up) and get the same scores. Haven't seen much of Kavanagh so not sure what's going on there.

Rucks: If that's the stragery you're going for that's prefect. (can possibly upgrade if downgrade porpz and caddy)

Forwards: Very strong all the way on the field. Porpz is a personally preference, is a great pick if he fits in your team. He will give you an 85 avg at his best. Wait and see on couch and pfeffier is a solid choice.

charliesheen

*LATEST SIDE*

Gone for pretty much exact same structure as me, but with different player selections. 

May want to fix your mid field rookies.  Extremely critical you nail these.

Good luck, its looking good :)

Jay

Quote from: Bosh on January 01, 1970, 01:41:56 PM
Backs: Can't really fault you here, very much stock standard field line up. Only thing is with the rookies not sure how their JS is, Morris seems to be fighting for a position with ellis and B Ellis is in front. Smedts for obvious reasons playing at Geelong but he will definitely get games just not sure how early.

Mids: Obviously the first 3 are dominant nothing to complain about there. But with caddy do you think he will average above 75-80? Personally you might as well find a decent rookie/mature age around 106k-130 (or Magner if he comes up) and get the same scores. Haven't seen much of Kavanagh so not sure what's going on there.

Rucks: If that's the stragery you're going for that's prefect. (can possibly upgrade if downgrade porpz and caddy)

Forwards: Very strong all the way on the field. Porpz is a personally preference, is a great pick if he fits in your team. He will give you an 85 avg at his best. Wait and see on couch and pfeffier is a solid choice.
thanks mate...great advice :D

im unsure on smedts and morris but what other options are there?

im VERY confident in caddy 80+ average im expecting...and a bargain at 200k imo! i too dont want kavanagh but since neil and magner got injured i was struggling for rookies.

Quote from: charliesheen link=topic=48411.msg675423#msg675423 date=1331649
Gone for pretty much
u]exact[/u] same structure as me, but with different player selections. 

yeah ill try and fix them up...apart from kavanagh which other rookies would you get rid of?

Bosh

Quote from: charliesheen on March 14, 2012, 01:45:49 AM
*LATEST SIDE*

Gone for pretty much exact same structure as me, but with different player selections. 

Well, Bugg for a starters should proabably be in before Morris and Smedts.. then there isn't a whole lot more just have another look at NAB this week and rd 1 teams. Magner should be right though.  :)

PICCOLLO

Solid Jayman.  Caddy is an issue - regardless of bye strat etc, 80k extra for a rookie isnt advisable.  Downgrade him and see where you could use that 80k.  Even keeping it, allowing an accerated, one trade upgrade in r4-5 is better.

Jay

Quote from: PICCOLLO on March 14, 2012, 10:22:15 PM
Solid Jayman.  Caddy is an issue - regardless of bye strat etc, 80k extra for a rookie isnt advisable.  Downgrade him and see where you could use that 80k.  Even keeping it, allowing an accerated, one trade upgrade in r4-5 is better.
caddy is a lock mate! scored 60dt from 44% TOG on the weekend just to back me up ;)

charliesheen

What are you expecting Caddy to average?