Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

Agree 2 Hawk forwards could be risky, especially with Martin sharing their bye.

Surely one of the 2 mighty Hawkers could be an upgrade target later.

Freo light huh? Don't rate them?

Also Pendlebury HAS to drop a bit doesn't he?

Maybe pick up one of Broughton / Fyfe / Pav / Barlow - could all be super reliable and help you share the love come bye time.

You've got my rucks!

Jay

Quote from: tor01doc on February 22, 2012, 11:05:35 AM
Agree 2 Hawk forwards could be risky, especially with Martin sharing their bye.

Surely one of the 2 mighty Hawkers could be an upgrade target later.

Freo light huh? Don't rate them?

Also Pendlebury HAS to drop a bit doesn't he?

Maybe pick up one of Broughton / Fyfe / Pav / Barlow - could all be super reliable and help you share the love come bye time.

You've got my rucks!
ok cyril can go i guess!

Broughton-too inconsistent and too many ? ? ? Around his position.
Fyfe- maybe in for cyril
pav- too old
Barlow- leg a worry!

And i still think pendles will average 130 and is fairly unique :D

Jay

Ok...so ive done a bit of reading up on team structure going into the.rnd11 bye! Using the structure i found, my team now looks like this:

Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <morris wilkes>
Mids: gablett selwood thomas caddy horsley neale <brown hampton>
Rucks: mcevoy l-berger <giles stephenson>
Fwds: buddy fyfe martin sidebottom brown smedts skinner <pfeiffer walsh>

ando_10

Quote from: Jayman on February 23, 2012, 08:52:33 AM
Ok...so ive done a bit of reading up on team structure going into the.rnd11 bye! Using the structure i found, my team now looks like this:

Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <morris wilkes>
Mids: gablett selwood thomas caddy horsley neale <brown hampton>
Rucks: mcevoy l-berger <giles stephenson>
Fwds: buddy fyfe martin sidebottom brown smedts skinner <pfeiffer walsh>

backs: really good hopefully adcock gets a full season same with grimes i love the birchall move i want him but not sure where i can squeeze him in

mids: interesting move with daisy could really pay off for you. caddy is touch and go for mine so is horsley on cause i havent seen to much of them

rucks: faultless

forwards: sidebottom is really due for a breakout year i think thats well documented. skinner im really not sold on dont think he capable of high scores

all round top team 8.5/10

Jay

Cheers mate! Yeah ill have a look at caddy horsley and skinner

DanTh3Man

really good 9/10

backline is amazing

midfield is great. some good rookies such as j mcdonald, s gibson are some great picks aswell

rucks are great

fwds sidebottom great pick. and brown im not so sure about but great all round

Jay

Quote from: DanTh3Man on February 23, 2012, 09:12:02 PM
really good 9/10

backline is amazing

midfield is great. some good rookies such as j mcdonald, s gibson are some great picks aswell

rucks are great

fwds sidebottom great pick. and brown im not so sure about but great all round
cheers

Jay

Just brought in couch and weedon IN FOR skinner and walsh...wont post my whole team again as was only a couple of rookie changes :)

Im having trouble with getting my bye structure right...im not sure whether i should not worry so much about my bye structure, which is perfect at the moment BUT ive had to compromise my ideal team to do so...e.g i dont want beau wilkes but there isnt any other options with the same bye!

My bye structure at the moment is:
Backs: 2/3/4 or 2/4/3
Mids: 2/3/3
Rucks: 2/1/1
Fwds: 2/3/4 or 2/4/3

Im thinking about just going with my ideal team and worrying about the byes as they come, not sure if that would be too smart tho

NEED HELP :)

Ringo

As you know from posts byes doing head in.

I am having to have that structure by round 10 as it is the structure that will allow you only 2 donuts.  The big problem is getting from where i am now to that structure with trades.  It will be rookies taht I trade as I have set my prems up with no more than 2 prems from each bye round.

Jay

So you set your premiums up...and choose the best cash cows available and then trade them off for someone that fits your structure?! I think id be more comfortable with starting with the right structure then trading just to gain money and points really

Jay

Sorry forgot to mention new team

Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <wilkes morris>
Mids: thomas ablett selwood caddy horsley neale<pfieffer brown>
Rucks: mcevoy leuenberger <stepehenson giles>
Fwds: franklin fyfe martin sidebottom brown hampton smedts <weedon couch>

Ringo

Not quite just to illustrate (Rookies subject to change) You can see the structure I have set up basically playing 2 rooks on each line.  My mid priced prems may be keepers or upgrades (Conca, Hayes, Dangerfield, Smith, Brown)

Current Team
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Murphy, R.Conca, S. Darleyr, S. Morris (B. Smedts, B. Wilkes)
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, L.Hayes, S. Clifton, D. Shiel (L. Brown, D. Zorko)
RUC: Z. Smith, M. Leuenberger (J. Giles, O. Stephenson)
FWD: M. Pavlich, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, P. Dangerfield, J. Brown, ] A. Treloar, H. Crozier (S. Rowe, T. Couch)

You will see that players in bold are in my Finals Team - Trades will be made to get other players into Team eg Clifton may be upgraded to Pendles in a double trade,

This is the Team I am planning to have for finals at this point in time. Got a few extra players for contingincies.
DEF: B. Goddard, B. Deledio, H. Shaw, R. Murphy, Scotland, Heppell, Birchall/Suckling/Broughton
MID: G. Ablett jnr, M. Boyd, J. Selwood, Pendleberry, M Murphy, Rockliffe/Hayes/Priddis
RUC: Berger - To be decided after byes.
FWD: M. Pavlich, L. Franklin, A. Goodes, Fyfe, Martin, Dangerfield/Brown/Johnson/Chapman/Rioli

Jay

Pretty similar to my team in a way!

What is ur bye structure at the moment?

Ringo

Current Team structure now is: 2/2/5 - 5/1/2 - 2/1/1 - 3/4/2 = 12/8/10

Not that far from 2/3/4; 2/3/3; 2/1/1; 2/4/3 to get 8/11/11 by round 10.  Obviusly 3 of my mid rookies will be downgraded upgraded to help reach this and at the same time keeping final team in mind eg Clifton > Pendles,  If cash required some may just be downgraded to playing rooks in byes rounds. Will be working out a detailed trading structure around round 5 as  see which rookies are rising quickly and which prem if any is falling. Will be a fluid document obviously based on performances.

Jay

Ok...so you arent starting with the 'perfect' structure. Do you suggest that i do the same or go with what ive got now and be all set for byes

and the team itself, you like?