Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Ok guys and girls...i've decided to start up a thread where i will post my team and keep updating it over the year

Hope it is a good read and you'll be ready to give me advice when needed over the year

Thanks   :)

Jay

So my team is (with $26,700):
Def: goddard, h.shaw, birchall, grimes, lake, m.clarke, mohr <ellis sierakowski>
Mid: ablett, murphy, priddis, jelwood, horsley, shiel <treloar brown>
Ruc: sandi, leuenberger <giles stephenson>
Fwd: franklin, rioli, zaharakis, brown, porplyzia, zorko, smedts <pfieffer walsh>

Ive tried to make my team capable of coping with the byes and fairly balanced...and obviously the rookies will change based on NAB

Jay

Jay

Am i talking to myself here??? Anyone have any suggestions? I think my forward line is a prem. short...

MC

Mids are pretty strong - but could you better use the cash to beef up your forward line? Better rookies available in the midfield, who are capable of higher scores.

Jay

Quote from: MC on February 17, 2012, 09:59:08 PM
Mids are pretty strong - but could you better use the cash to beef up your forward line? Better rookies available in the midfield, who are capable of higher scores.
yeah totally agree with you! :) have no idea what prem. mid to leave out though (priddis is a lock as a unique-ish premium) and zaha could average 105+ this year making him a premium and i wouldnt be losing much by having say steveJ instead?

MC

It's not the difference between the premiums that is the issue - It's the difference between the rookies. Mid rookies can look to get 80+ whereas fwd rookies might get 60ish.

I'd suggest Murphy/Selwood down to Barlow (for example) gives you 220k (inc cash) to upgrade Porp to a 450k fwd such as Sidebottom/Dangerfield etc.

Jay

Ringo

Which structure are you comfortable with 4 prems/ 2 rooks or 3 mids 3 prems
If 4 prem would downgrade one to Barlow as has been said but If 3/3 look at Downgrading to Caddy or Stevens who look ready made to increase in value rapidly.
Not convinced that Zaha can rise to F3 but personal.
Not commenting on rooks as will change as a result of NAB cup.
Just a couple of suggestions and 8.5/10 for this team

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Jayman on February 16, 2012, 08:23:53 PM
Def: goddard, h.shaw, birchall, grimes, lake, m.clarke, mohr <ellis sierakowski>
Fwd: franklin, rioli, zaharakis, brown, porplyzia, zorko, smedts <pfieffer walsh>

Ive tried to make my team capable of coping with the byes and fairly balanced...and obviously the rookies will change based on NAB

Def: a lot of depth love birchall and think every def needs a hawk in it with thier high possession style.

Mid: solid faultless

Ruck: solid faultless

Fwd: nice pick is rioli hammys are risky but he claims to have fixed his running, a fair bit of depth with porps but like my fwd line zaka, brown and porps bit of risk but strong enough/

solid well structured side, cannot fault it except to say be very watchful of grimes,lake,rioli,zaka,porps, all have had significant injury concerns or past seasons(zaka not so much but he does claim to suffer a LOT of pain in the legs after games) im on him anyway. :)

also horsley and pfieffer need to be promoted off rookie lists i love both, and zorko is injured watch him closely to see if he will be good for round 1.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on February 18, 2012, 01:27:28 PM
Which structure are you comfortable with 4 prems/ 2 rooks or 3 mids 3 prems
If 4 prem would downgrade one to Barlow as has been said but If 3/3 look at Downgrading to Caddy or Stevens who look ready made to increase in value rapidly.
Not convinced that Zaha can rise to F3 but personal.
Not commenting on rooks as will change as a result of NAB cup.
Just a couple of suggestions and 8.5/10 for this team
well i initially had the 3-1-2 structure in mids but heard barlow wasnt exactly training the house down! So at the cost of my other lines (mainly forwards, as you can see by zaha as f3) i went with the 4-0-2 structure...i could go 3-0-3 structure then upgrade forwards!?

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 18, 2012, 01:32:46 PM
Quote from: Jayman on February 16, 2012, 08:23:53 PM

Def: a lot of depth love birchall and think every def needs a hawk in it with thier high possession style.

Mid: solid faultless

Ruck: solid faultless

Fwd: nice pick is rioli hammys are risky but he claims to have fixed his running, a fair bit of depth with porps but like my fwd line zaka, brown and porps bit of risk but strong enough/

solid well structured side, cannot fault it except to say be very watchful of grimes,lake,rioli,zaka,porps, all have had significant injury concerns or past seasons(zaka not so much but he does claim to suffer a LOT of pain in the legs after games) im on him anyway. :)

also horsley and pfieffer need to be promoted off rookie lists i love both, and zorko is injured watch him closely to see if he will be good for round 1.
Thanks :) yeah i like birchall and rioli is a calculated risk, a lock for me! Yeah there are a few blokes with injury concerns in my side...will be monitoring them very closely! Yeah horsley and pfieffer should be promoted I think. Zorko wont be in my team if he doesnt line up round 1 :)

Madmax75

Likes: Birchall pick very solid if not spectacular player, grimes a risk worth taking but I wouldnt take both Grimes and Lake pick one and downgrade them to a rookie.
Mids: Great premiums with Priddis as a unique (prob not so much this year but still)
Rucks if Sandis turf toe stands up great.
For: WOuldnt have both Franklin and Rioli pick one same as with Porps and Brown (although im struggling with the same decision)
With the money from downgrading Lake maybe upgrade Porps or Brown or Zak.
GOod luck!

Jay

Quote from: Madmax75 on February 18, 2012, 04:50:12 PM
Likes: Birchall pick very solid if not spectacular player, grimes a risk worth taking but I wouldnt take both Grimes and Lake pick one and downgrade them to a rookie.
Mids: Great premiums with Priddis as a unique (prob not so much this year but still)
Rucks if Sandis turf toe stands up great.
For: WOuldnt have both Franklin and Rioli pick one same as with Porps and Brown (although im struggling with the same decision)
With the money from downgrading Lake maybe upgrade Porps or Brown or Zak.
GOod luck!
thanks mate...definitely some moves to consider! :)

Jay

Ok so ive made some changes :D
Got 7.3k in the bank

Backs: goddard shaw birchall adcock grimes clarke bugg <darley morris>
Mids: pendlebury ablett selwood clifton horsley mcdonald <pfieffer brown>
Rucks: mumford leuenberger <stepehenson giles>
Fwds: franklin rioli martin sidebottom brown hampton smedts <walsh skinner>

Thoughts?

Jay

In relation to the above post ^^^^

Effecively the changes i've made are:
Adock in for Lake
Bugg, Darley and Morris in for Mohr, ellis and seirakowski
Pendlebury in for murphy
Clifton in for priddis
Mcdonald in for Shiel
Pfeiffer in for Treloar
Mumford in for Sandi
Martin in for Zaharakis
Sidebottom in for porps
Skinner and Hampton in for Zorko and Pfeiffer (still have him in mids)