Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

Quote from: charliesheen on June 27, 2012, 11:14:43 PM
Can't ya take Mummy & Thompson?
nope. Mummy & NDS could work...Roughy & Judd is another good combo IMO

And dont forget, I could just do redden > jacobs then wait for say NDS to fall into the high 400 - low 500 price bracket.

Jay

redden > mumford & shiel > NDS

Thoughts?

Braddles10

How freaked out are you by having 6 trades left?? Because, even though i said yesterday to risk it for the biscuit and go Mummy and NDS, if you wanted to, you could always this week go Devon Smith >> Tom Couch (or someone at 94k with dpp who may play in the future) and then go Redden to Mumford. This would leave you enough money to get any mid in the comp next week if you trade out Shiel. The only thing is it would leave 3 trades, and you've probably still got to make at least 2 upgrades. But personally, i think the likes of Ellis/Spur/Darley are good enough to ride out as D7 at least till finals, and the same with Zorko as F7.

How much better would your midfield look with:

ablett pendlebury selwood boyd priddis jobe.

as apposed to:

ablett pendlebury selwood boyd priddis NDS.

Just my thoughts.

Jay

Quote from: Braddles10 on June 28, 2012, 10:54:23 AM
How freaked out are you by having 6 trades left?? Because, even though i said yesterday to risk it for the biscuit and go Mummy and NDS, if you wanted to, you could always this week go Devon Smith >> Tom Couch (or someone at 94k with dpp who may play in the future) and then go Redden to Mumford. This would leave you enough money to get any mid in the comp next week if you trade out Shiel. The only thing is it would leave 3 trades, and you've probably still got to make at least 2 upgrades. But personally, i think the likes of Ellis/Spur/Darley are good enough to ride out as D7 at least till finals, and the same with Zorko as F7.

How much better would your midfield look with:

ablett pendlebury selwood boyd priddis jobe.

as apposed to:

ablett pendlebury selwood boyd priddis NDS.

Just my thoughts.
thanks mate!  actually a bit freaked out about having 6 trades (4 after this week)...tthrrefore i think ill hold the EllisDarleyShaw combo as D7 until finals anyway! so i only need another ruck & fwd...personally Mumford & NDS is the best combo

Braddles10

Yeah I agree, if that's the case, go for it, I reckon Mummy will start to fire sooner rather than later, considering jumping on myself!

Jay

cmon charliesheen pipe up mate ;)

redden & shiel > mumford & nds

lock it in?

Jay

OKAY GUYS, HELP NEEDED...WHAT COMBO?

mumford & nds
roughead & judd
just jacobs, and wait for prem. mid to drop

Ringo

Just Jacobs for me if that is the trade you want and wait for prem drop.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on June 29, 2012, 08:31:14 PM
Just Jacobs for me if that is the trade you want and wait for prem drop.
my only concern with that is shiel dropping as well??? He has a BE of 100 so will drop this week.

would be a disaster if i have to do another downgrade in order to gain so little

that's why im leaning towards doing the trade while I can (mumford & NDS)

Jay

Went with redden & shiel > mumford & nds!

Yes it's risky but i was so unsure in the end, so i went with my gut! Fingers crossed :)

Already got next week's trade sorted...s.shaw/darley/ellis > yarran

This would give me 3 trades and a completed team! Yarran is a great D7 imo...at 257k with a BE of 25...straight swap for a rookie 8)

Jay

Score: 2101
League ranking: 1

I'm now a game clear, top of my league, due to equal first suffering a loss...last weeks trades were redden & shiel OUT > mumford & nds IN...im happy with mummy, looked good on saturday...picked nds in the wrong week tho  :-\

team at full strength
3k.    4trades.     League(1)
Goddard deledio shaw broughton johnson scotland shaw <ellis darley>
Ablett pendles boy selwood priddis dal-santo <gibson dsmith>
Mumford giles <campbell orren>
Buddy sidebottom dangerfield martin cloke zaharakis zorko <milera adams>

Obviously a D7 is necessary hence this weeks trade plans...ellis > yarran!?!? Yarran could average 90-odd for rest of year, more than enough for a D7, and being a straight swap for a rookie...im in :D

Jay

roo boys!

I'd say do it. Yarran at that price is tempting. He is high risk vs high reward but if he plays like he did on Friday then it will be a masterstroke!

Zaha still a few weeks away is worrying.

Jay

Quote from: roo boys! on July 03, 2012, 11:52:15 AM
I'd say do it. Yarran at that price is tempting. He is high risk vs high reward but if he plays like he did on Friday then it will be a masterstroke!
yes im leaning towards doing it! As you said, could be a masterstroke! Fingers crossed :)

Quote from: roo boys! on July 03, 2012, 11:52:15 AM
Zaha still a few weeks away is worrying.
yes it is worrying :-\ hopefully comes back better than ever and is a good POD

Jay

Any further thoughts? Ringo? Charlieshen?