Jayman's team! (going for league win)

Started by Jay, February 16, 2012, 08:23:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay

score: 2083 :/ 

a very poor week by me... hoping for at least 2100... i was a bit unlucky ho:
backs: broughton, enough said, smedts and Ellis were on my field, bugg on bench
mids: very pleased with my premiums + magner! sheil=let down!
rucks: wouldve like 20 more from mummy
fwd: goodes Martin porpoise should all up their game by 20! all my fwd rookies were shower apart from Kennedy !

no trades this week but next week i might squeeze in mohr/ clay for underperforming rooks and broughton will get the sack!

Locinator

Jayman don't worry about your problems this week

Broughton will be fine. Too many people are going of him. He'll definitely get 100 next week
Shiel is a gun. Best 18 year old in the country. Projected to be a top 3 pick until he was prelisted.
Mummy I was surprised with. I reckon he'll be great next week
Goodes I was unsure with. Hopefully this isn't the season where his age gets to him
Martin never plays well against Carlton. Plus he was tagged.

Jay

score: 2129                      overall: 52,052

not overly happy...it's a decent score but doesn't get me anyway in overall!

trades considering: hall-->milera & broughton-->hibberd

Jay

Hall-->milera is done...should i go broughton-->dempsey as well¿

MC

Wouldn't be so quick to get rid of Hall - Bock back this week will free him up a bit and provide plenty of crumbs for him around the packs. Milera has performed well against some terrible opposition, what happens when their run gets harder? Is he likely to drop out when their proven senior players return?

felsty

be interested to see what your thoughts are on broughton jayman, im in pretty much in the exact same boat - struggling with what to do with him and ranked a little behind you - although our team structure is completely different.

my plan was to downgrade broughton and coniglio to marty clarke and toby greene, keeping $400k in the kitty for two quick upgrades but i feel as if getting two rookies in will only hurt my scores further and my rankings will slip away quite quickly. what do you think? little bit of pain for a huge gain?

Jay

Quote from: MC on April 11, 2012, 12:33:03 AM
Wouldn't be so quick to get rid of Hall - Bock back this week will free him up a bit and provide plenty of crumbs for him around the packs. Milera has performed well against some terrible opposition, what happens when their run gets harder? Is he likely to drop out when their proven senior players return?
i went dickson-->milera instead. Purely because hall is named and dickson isnt :)

Yeah milera might not play every game this year but will still make quick $$$

Quote from: felsty on April 11, 2012, 08:24:13 AM
be interested to see what your thoughts are on broughton jayman, im in pretty much in the exact same boat - struggling with what to do with him and ranked a little behind you - although our team structure is completely different.

my plan was to downgrade broughton and coniglio to marty clarke and toby greene, keeping $400k in the kitty for two quick upgrades but i feel as if getting two rookies in will only hurt my scores further and my rankings will slip away quite quickly. what do you think? little bit of pain for a huge gain?
my thoughts:
Broughton is a good footballer but isnt fantasy relevant atm due to his role
At best he will be up and down all year...could still average 90 odd
Will drop a lot in price this week so now is time to trade (dempsey geary clarke etc)
Dont listen to above statement if you want to ride the rollercoaster 8)

I like your trades mate! As long as you use the cash wisely when you need to!

Jay

So after 1 trade (dickson-->milera)... team going into round 3

goddard deledio(C) shaw broughton malceski morris bugg <ellis(E) smedts>
ablett(VC) boyd selwood murphy shiel magner <mcdonald ledger(E)>
Mumford giles <redden stephenson>
Franklin goodes fyfe martin porps kennedy milera <hall smith(E)>

1. Yes deledio is my captain :D
2. Should I trade broughton-->dempsey
3. Should I select an 'E' in my rucks?

felsty

I changed a did the Milera trade also ;)
I'm looking at ditching Broughton, like you said in the above statement - he is almost fantasy irrelevant ATM.
Not sure to who though.. If I had the money I would go to Birchall but ATM tossing up between Malceski and Dempsey.. Haven't discounted just keeping him though and saving the trade

Ringo

As a precaution I would name an emergency Ruck. If Mummy is a late withdrawl again you will pick up at least 60 points with Redden.

I am perservering with Broughton this week to see what his role will be against Brisbane. If he is given another lock down role on Rockliff or Rich then he will be outski but if given run in mids then maybe keep.  Mundy also named so this should be the guide.
Hoping Broughton does not fall too much in value as I am considering a straight swap to Bock if he towells it up this week.

ballsy call on Delidio but can understand your reasoning as Hocking traditionally keeps Ablett quiet.

Jay

Quote from: Ringo on April 13, 2012, 11:15:29 AM
As a precaution I would name an emergency Ruck. If Mummy is a late withdrawl again you will pick up at least 60 points with Redden.

I am perservering with Broughton this week to see what his role will be against Brisbane. If he is given another lock down role on Rockliff or Rich then he will be outski but if given run in mids then maybe keep.  Mundy also named so this should be the guide.
Hoping Broughton does not fall too much in value as I am considering a straight swap to Bock if he towells it up this week.

ballsy call on Delidio but can understand your reasoning as Hocking traditionally keeps Ablett quiet.
what line would you take the 'E' off? Presuming mids?

Broughton is tearing my hair out! One thing for sure is that he will lose value this week and dempsey will rise! Now might be the time to offload???

Yeah and lids should kill it :D

MC

Quote from: Jayman on April 13, 2012, 12:59:32 PM
what line would you take the 'E' off? Presuming mids?

Broughton is tearing my hair out! One thing for sure is that he will lose value this week and dempsey will rise! Now might be the time to offload???

Yeah and lids should kill it :D

Keep Broughton - he has a much higher chance of becoming a keeper than Dempsey. It will be semi-unique having him after this week and it could pay off big time!

Yep take E off of the mids, and slap it on Redden - i'm not sold on Mummy just yet

Jay

round 3 score : 2191           Rnd 3 ranking: 16304         Overall ranking: 25,097              Average league position: 4.8

very happy with my week! Went up 25,000 places in overall AND won all my league games :D

HEROES
•Sir Gregory Broughton showed the haters he can still score well
•Tom Bugg best backline rookie by a mile
•G. Ablett although i made a mistake by not giving him the 'C' his 182 was superb and is know my perma-captain 8)
•All mid premiums did well (murphy selwopd boyd ablett all cracked 130 and 2 cracked 140!

VILLIANS
•Fyfe's shoulder flowered itself up again :/
•Martin's scores are giving me the showers
•Terry Milera was excellent in the first two game but of course when i bring him in......
•my forward line only scored 515 points

How my team is looking:

Goddard deledio malceski shaw broughton bugg morris <ellis(E) smedts>
Ablett(C) murphy selwood boyd(VC) magner mcdonald <shiel(E) ledger>
Giles Mumford <redden stephenson>
Franklin goodes kennedy porplyzia fyfe martin milera <smith hall>

trades im looking at:
fyfe-->someone haha

charliesheen

Team looks good.  Could easily be ranked much higher if not for captaincy and starting rookies.  No Pendles and holding onto Broughton is proving to be quite the master stroke.

Personally, I would consider Chappy as a straight swap, despite his dismal performance on the weekend.

Jay

Thanks CS...chappy is an option mate thinking sidearse at this stage tho!