1 (2.8%)
T. Rockliff
6 (16.7%)
M. Priddis
2 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 1

JamSainter

My mids go:
Ablett, Swan,  :-\ , N. van Berlo + 4 rookies.

Usman

Murphy does it al, while he and Carlton are still on the up, almost a must in my eyes.

JamSainter

Good point, he is currently in!

Usman

at teh end of the day i dont think you can really go wrong (other than an unlucky injury or something) out of these guys (and maybe rockliff is less proven) but you are gonna get 110+ no matter who you choose when you are paying big bucks on these prem mids. Murphy just seems to be the pick of the bunch for mine.

bowyanger

Murphy hasnt been able to do as much work in the pre season as the rest

I did have him locked in since november last year, but compared to say Sam Mitchell who has been able to go full noise since the 1st day back...It gives Mitchell, and the rest of the uninjured premiums during pre season a considerable edge IMO

Usman

Quote from: bowyanger on February 16, 2012, 09:03:34 PM
Murphy hasnt been able to do as much work in the pre season as the rest

I did have him locked in since november last year, but compared to say Sam Mitchell who has been able to go full noise since the 1st day back...It gives Mitchell, and the rest of the uninjured premiums during pre season a considerable edge IMO

Wait what happened to murphy?

Colliwobblers

get on priddis #1 in the entire comp for pressure acts and tackles (midfielder). elite and going to get better again if he finds some time to kick instead of handballing, which he never does....

SonsOfZeus

Quote from: Usman on February 16, 2012, 08:10:01 PM
Murphy does it al, while he and Carlton are still on the up, almost a must in my eyes.

they didnt beat any top four last year and struggled against the rest of the 8, honestly think they are being overhyped and see them finishing 5-8th again. however murphgy is a gun and will average around 112 but selwood is better priced and will probably average 5 more a  game IMO than the rest listed

JamSainter

I am more worried about Selwood getting injured or rested. Particularly the way he plays his footy.

Usman

they didnt beat any top four last year and struggled against the rest of the 8, honestly think they are being overhyped and see them finishing 5-8th again. however murphgy is a gun and will average around 112 but selwood is better priced and will probably average 5 more a  game IMO than the rest listed
[/quote]

They are on the up though, so they should beat a top 4 team this year. they have a genuine target up forward this year in Kruze meaning they dont have to kick to space in the 50 and hope betts are garlett run onto it. Carltons defensive game and contested footy is exeptional, how are they not going to improve with a youngish list with more experience??

bowyanger

Quote from: Usman on February 16, 2012, 11:36:49 PM

They are on the up though, so they should beat a top 4 team this year. they have a genuine target up forward this year in Kruze meaning they dont have to kick to space in the 50 and hope betts are garlett run onto it. Carltons defensive game and contested footy is exeptional, how are they not going to improve with a youngish list with more experience??
[/quote]

Not much depth if an injury occurs to one of Gibbs, Judd or Murphy maybe?
Carlton have a great draw and I definately want to start with one of those players but the 3 of them have had an interrupted pre season....I will look to them now as an upgrade target..see how things go for safety.
Improvemnt needs to come from Robinson and Yarran again for the Blues to do well IMO...and they both seem capable of that

On a sidenote..I agree with the Wobbler, Priddis is being very underated by many coaches around here, was very, very consistant last year. Ive had him in and out of my mids a bit. Its a toss up between he & ASwallow for the mid 4 spot. With the roos draw, captaincy and the prospect of Goldy & Hmac shoving the ball down his throat Ive gone Swallow

ben_020285

Murphy for sure. Absolute gun.

cortez

look at what jobe did before he got injured last year. imagine if he could do that for the whole year. could avg 120+

SydneyRox

Murphy for me. only just ahead of Selwood.

Disco

You'd take any of these guns. They will average 100 - 110. Picking the player that improves this year will be just luck. Swallow and Selwood are captains this year but not sure that will mean improvement. If it were me I'd go the ones in potential  top four teams like mitchell or selwood