Rory Sloane

Started by JamSainter, February 15, 2012, 09:47:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamSainter

Was a consistent 80ish player with an odd 100+ game every so often.
But Sloane has gained 3kgs of muscle and with an easy draw is maybe set for a breakout year - if not, a very good unique pick at worst.

Usman

being a mid makes it so much harder to pick him because its all or nothing with mid priced midfielders, but he has the potential to avg 105-110. 3kg of muscle is significant for his contested style of play, but you have to be sure he is going to deliver or it is really costly because A) Midfielders score more than any other position and B) because you could be missing out on some super cash cow mid rookies.

Summary: highly risky pick, with high to moderate rewards.

JamSainter

Yeah 100% true. But as a 4th mid I still reckon he is worth a punt. He is just as risky if not less risky than Barlow Hayes etc coz he hasn't being injured ever!

Usman

Quote from: JamSainter on February 15, 2012, 10:05:36 PM
Yeah 100% true. But as a 4th mid I still reckon he is worth a punt. He is just as risky if not less risky than Barlow Hayes etc coz he hasn't being injured ever!

This is true in a sense. All 3 are risky Hayes had a serious knee injury and is quite old, but by all reports are he is flying and he is the type of character that would be able to push through adversity, and he is a proven scorer. There is a huge hype on Barlow, but in reality he has only had one good half season and suffered a serious injury that has cut down players in their prime (Nathan Brown) but it can also have no apparent effect on careers (Chris Newman). Tred carefully with all 3 IMO

He has been injured - 2010 14 games, 2011 18 games. Cannot recall what the injury was (last year) but i do recall him missing games through injury, it's his crash & bash style of play. 

essendon2

I'd personally take VB and Shuey before Sloane just because of the Captaincy and how Shuey is going to probably win a brownlow at somepoint

CrowsFan

Quote from: 4820 on February 15, 2012, 11:03:31 PM
He has been injured - 2010 14 games, 2011 18 games. Cannot recall what the injury was (last year) but i do recall him missing games through injury, it's his crash & bash style of play.
Broke his thumb last year ;)

JamSainter

So maybe VB, Vince or Barlow or even Hayes. But I am really keen to get a crow player (in the mids, but don't want Thompson). I just know that one of VB, Vince or Sloane will have a massive year!