Attention supercoach gurus please rate my first draft team

Started by minidee, February 15, 2012, 05:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

minidee

Firsrt time poster and was hoping somebody could please rate my team and give me some feedback. BTW I have $19900 still in the bank. Thanks in advance.

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Broughton, Buntine, Clarke,Ellis (Morris, L. Brown)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, A. Swallow, Barlow, Zorko, McDonald (Docherty, Mitchel)

Rucks: Cox, Kreuzer (Giles, Stephes)

Forwards: Goodes, Martin, N. Riewoldt, J. Riewoldt, J.Brown, Treloar, Rowe (Saad, Smedts)

Ringo

Solid team for first up. With rookies just watch the NAB cup and select the best playing ones for round 1.
Backs: OK. Buntine may not be playing Round 1 if you can believe the comments coming out of GWS,
Mids: Solid
Rucks; OK Personally not a fan of Kreuzer but your choice
Forwards: Here I think you have some risk here with Brown and both Roos. Also if you have read posts you will know my thoughts on Martin. If it were my team I would replace Martin with a similar priced prem, would downgrade one of the three risks to a rookie and upgrade another to a prem and retaining the other.

Give this team 7.5/10 Good luck.

minidee

Thanks Ringo for the advice.  Here is my updated team.

Backs: Goddard(mid), Deledio(mid), Shaw, Suckling, Tomlinson(fwd), Clarke,Ellis (Morris, L. Brown)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, A. Swallow, Barlow, Zorko(fwd), McDonald (Docherty(def), Clifton)

Rucks: Mumford, McIntosh (Giles, Stepheson)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes(mid), Fyfe(mid), S.Johnson, Haynes(mid), Treloar(mid), Rowe(ruc) (Couch(mid), Smedts(def))

$75,700 spare

In the ruck I've changed Cox to Mumford as I've now got the feeling he wont have as good a year as last year and replaced Kreuzer with McIntosh.  This also has freed up some cash to get Franklin and Stevie J into the forward line.  I've also since got rid of all the risk players like N and J Riewoldt and J Brown and will suss them out during the NAB cup.

I think I've got a good balance of Premiums and Rookies but the $75k is burning a hole in my pocket and I feel like I need to spend it.

What does everyone think?

ben_ess94

DEFs only concern would be the bye with richmond and st mild in the same one... but could avoid assuming u downgrade earlier....

MIDS strong, i would look at downgrading barlow to a rookie and upgrade a fwd line rookie as mids rooks tend to score a bit better then the feds and more chance to upgrade downgrade in there.....

Rucks: maybe use the cash there and see what u can do. north may play macintosh differently this yr with the sub rule nd so forth...

FWDs strong but maybe to risky with all the rookies

hope that helps

rate mine "honesty is the best policy

Colliwobblers

Quote from: minidee on February 17, 2012, 03:35:36 PM
Thanks Ringo for the advice.  Here is my updated team.

Backs: Goddard(mid), Deledio(mid), Shaw, Suckling, Tomlinson(fwd), Clarke,Ellis (Morris, L. Brown)

Mids: Ablett, Swan, A. Swallow, Barlow, Zorko(fwd), McDonald (Docherty(def), Clifton)

Rucks: Mumford, McIntosh (Giles, Stepheson)

Forwards: Franklin, Goodes(mid), Fyfe(mid), S.Johnson, Haynes(mid), Treloar(mid), Rowe(ruc) (Couch(mid), Smedts(def))

$75,700 spare

In the ruck I've changed Cox to Mumford as I've now got the feeling he wont have as good a year as last year and replaced Kreuzer with McIntosh.  This also has freed up some cash to get Franklin and Stevie J into the forward line.  I've also since got rid of all the risk players like N and J Riewoldt and J Brown and will suss them out during the NAB cup.

I think I've got a good balance of Premiums and Rookies but the $75k is burning a hole in my pocket and I feel like I need to spend it.

What does everyone think?

Thanks again for your comments on my team,

DEF: Very solid tried and trusted Guns n Rooks
MID: Same again great lineup - nice unique smart pick in swallow
RUCK:  Not sold on HMac, if you think he will become a keeper or outscore Giles by a lot keep him or either downgrade to giles or go to a keeper premium ruck and get the extra points from the start and save yourself a trade. IF that is....
FWD: Same as backs and mids Guns n Rooks.

Great team, guns and rooks very safe very smart. I would look at HMac as the only negative in the whole side. If you love the rest and don't want to change anything maybe try fit in smith or west for HMac with the spare cash ? not sure you have enough. Hayes and tomlinson can be downgraded to basic rooks (price) there are plenty of good ones that will probably score just as well and thats more spare cash or ruck cash :)

8.8/10 solid team nice work.