James Magner
6 (15%)
Sam Gibson
8 (20%)
Other - please specify
9 (22.5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

cortez

Maybe unknowns due to being looked past in the draft. which rookies has the best chance of getting promoted and even more importantly which one will score the best.

CrowsFan

I'd say any of out Horsley, Lee and Magner will score very well if promoted.
Lee averaged 28.8 disposals in the WAFL last year ;)

c4v3m4n

There is also Darren Pfeiffer to consider from Port.

Talisman

Yeah, right there with you c4 - Pfeiffer should definitely be in that poll - I'd say possibly the strongest chance to get upgraded (as Port are absolute trash right now - apologies port fans!) and could score well too.

Having said that I do like Sam Gibson - won Box Hill's B&F last year, and having been on Hawthorn's rookien list previously, I reckon he would be desperate to prove himself/give it a massive crack! Also, captained Box Hill last year & at 25 should be around the peak of his powers - not to mention the fact that North desperately need quality mids (who am I kidding, they need quality players period!)

Of the others, Magner sounds good - averaged 30 touches for Sandy last year & won their B&F. Also a fan of Horsely, but worry if McKenna will continue his relentless rotations - having said that, as a 24 year old, he may be immune to the rotation bug! Like Lee too - think he could ger games as the Dons have upgraded a few the last couple of years.

I'll also watch out for Dell'Olio (a fwd rookie - kicked 55 goals last year in the WAFL) and Baguley (a def/mid rookie - as I always like running defenders for SC) at Essendon to see who they upgrade before the start & during the season.

Torress

i think the best rookie cow to start with and will probably make the fastest money is mcdonald (GWS), will hopefully get some clearances and lay those awsome tackles that i remember him doing alot.

cortez

sirry about pheiffer. he is in my forwards and i forgot all about him being a mpp.

McDonald isn't rookie listed...

Footyrulz

Pfeiffer, then gibson who has been on fire in pre season!

bottlemart

Quote from: Talisman on February 15, 2012, 04:46:51 PM
Yeah, right there with you c4 - Pfeiffer should definitely be in that poll - I'd say possibly the strongest chance to get upgraded (as Port are absolute trash right now - apologies port fans!) and could score well too.

Having said that I do like Sam Gibson - won Box Hill's B&F last year, and having been on Hawthorn's rookien list previously, I reckon he would be desperate to prove himself/give it a massive crack! Also, captained Box Hill last year & at 25 should be around the peak of his powers - not to mention the fact that North desperately need quality mids (who am I kidding, they need quality players period!)

Of the others, Magner sounds good - averaged 30 touches for Sandy last year & won their B&F. Also a fan of Horsely, but worry if McKenna will continue his relentless rotations - having said that, as a 24 year old, he may be immune to the rotation bug! Like Lee too - think he could ger games as the Dons have upgraded a few the last couple of years.

I'll also watch out for Dell'Olio (a fwd rookie - kicked 55 goals last year in the WAFL) and Baguley (a def/mid rookie - as I always like running defenders for SC) at Essendon to see who they upgrade before the start & during the season.
Goldstein is one of the best rucks in the league now, with Hmac as backup.  Swallow, Wells, Harvey, Ziebell, Adams, Greenwood, Bastinac, Cunnington, and Atley is why the north midield is being talked up as what should be amongst the very best in 2 years.  Why do you think GWS were so keen to get Swallow, Bastinac and Goldstein.

This forum is to discuss players for SC, but if people need to continually bash a team to feel better about themselves, perhaps try one of the eight other sides that finished below North Melbourne last year.  North supporters get fed up hearing this sort of crap year after year by people who hardly watch a North game, and perhaps have some personal vendetta against the football club.

My view for if anyones interested.  Gibson looks a good ready made player, but will need to really perform well to break into what will be a strong North midfield in 2012 and beyond.

SydneyRox

Horsley is an awesome talent, watch him play some games in Kalgoorlie before he moved to Perth to take is seriously.
He is a fantastic player, if he gets upgraded I will be all over him.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: c4v3m4n on February 15, 2012, 01:15:06 PM

Pfieffer is my vote, but horsley will go well too.

Ringo

Pfeiffer would my vote slightly in front of Horsley

bottlemart

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 16, 2012, 01:27:36 AM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on February 15, 2012, 01:15:06 PM

Pfieffer is my vote, but horsley will go well too.
+1
really like Pfeiffer from what I've seen, and heard good things about horsley.  Both for me

ando_10

magners a freak if he plays he will score higher then any of them

Bruce McAvaney

Quote from: bottlemart on February 16, 2012, 12:32:49 AM
midield is being talked up as what should be amongst the very best in 2 years.

Swallow, Wells, Harvey, Ziebell, Adams, Greenwood, Bastinac, Cunnington, and Atley

Doesn't impress me.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Sidebottom, Beams, Wellingham, Swan (is only 28 and his old man played until 36) should still have them covered without breaking a sweat. Stop over ratiing North.

Brisbane and Richmond's mids shower all over North. West Coast will be up there. In 2 years GWS will have 30-40 games in their guns.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Bruce McAvaney on February 16, 2012, 01:15:15 PM
midield is being talked up as what should be amongst the very best in 2 years.

Swallow, Wells, Harvey, Ziebell, Adams, Greenwood, Bastinac, Cunnington, and Atley

Doesn't impress me.

Pendlebury, Thomas, Sidebottom, Beams, Wellingham, Swan (is only 28 and his old man played until 36) should still have them covered without breaking a sweat. Stop over ratiing North.

Brisbane and Richmond's mids shower all over North. West Coast will be up there. In 2 years GWS will have 30-40 games in their guns.

You left Liam Anthony, Kieran Harper and our great new talents Sam Gibson and Brad McKenzie out of that mix. ;) Of course our midfield isn't as good as Collingwood's, that's just stating the bleeding obvious. Do also realise that North's midfield had many injuries throughout last year (Garlett, Anthony, Bastinac, Greenwood all missed hefty junks of the 2011 season) and with them all back at 100%, it's very deep, talented, young midfield. It will definitely be one the better midfields come 2014. You just watch.