Why you should pick Robbie Gray in your dream team.

Started by Hawks_1976, February 14, 2012, 07:04:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawks_1976

Jack Redden : In 2010 his first 11 games came at an average of 68. His last 11 games came at an average of 90. Statistically he was screaming to be picked for 2011 yet very few would have selected him as his overall season average was 79. As we now know, that form in the 2nd half of 2010 held up and he went on to average 109 in 2011.

Robbie Gray : In 2011 his first 10 games came at an average of 65. His last 11 games came at an average of 97. Statistically he is screaming to be picked for 2012 yet very few will select him because his overall season average in 2011 was 81. This is coupled with the fact that other R13 bye premiums include Franklin, Martin, Robinson, Ablett, Mitchell, Murphy or any other St.kilda mids or fwds up for consideration.

I'm not suggesting Gray will do a Redden but if he remains fit should continue to push a 100 av as he will get plenty of midfield time and loves a goal.

Last year I was all over Redden yet I never picked him because I was too focussed on the guns/rookies strategy.

Robbie Gray get a spot in my side for 2012.

Dudge

He,s in my team at the moment Hawks, but the whole squad will more than likely change big time by the start of the season. The biggest issue for me, is his body. Had a good run in 2011, and another good run 2012 who knows , could push the 100 mark. Heres hoping anyway

Holz

Hawks you have convinced me to drop Swan and bring in Ziebell. I will look at gray but the round 13 bye doesnt put him a good chance of beating the Richmond, Carlton and hawks forwards.

egosbar

interesting but im not convinced , spend a little more and guarenttee pretty much 100 but definitely worth a spot in some set ups

now i need to find the ziebell second half year scores lol , or put it up here , had em both in previous sides , probably wont have them but ill be checking nab form

Just Clancy

Holz

Quote from: egosbar on February 14, 2012, 08:09:01 PM
interesting but im not convinced , spend a little more and guarenttee pretty much 100 but definitely worth a spot in some set ups

now i need to find the ziebell second half year scores lol , or put it up here , had em both in previous sides , probably wont have them but ill be checking nab form

JZ first half 61, second half 90 with 4 nearly 100 without

Holz

Quote from: Just Clancy on February 14, 2012, 08:10:19 PM
But will he be in best 6 fwds?

he probably wont but you dont need the top 6 forwards in my opinion if you have him sitting at 7th forward than your doing pretty good.

Windigo

Had him in since day one.

I was kind of loving the fact I was like the only one who picked him with 100% confidence.

I knew about the little 'stat' Hawks.......Damn you!  :P

I'll say it again. When he moved into the midfield he got at least 19 disposals!!!

That's like 9-10 games in a row.  8)

specky lecky

I like the idea of having him, but in the same price bracket there are blokes like Adams, Sidey, Zaha, Hurley Martin. All in better teams and more likely to have better support around them t kick goals and get the pill. I do like Gray though.

Windigo

Quote from: specky lecky on February 14, 2012, 09:06:44 PM
I like the idea of having him, but in the same price bracket there are blokes like Adams, Sidey, Zaha, Hurley Martin. All in better teams and more likely to have better support around them t kick goals and get the pill. I do like Gray though.

Fair enough. But I'm risking him.

Torpedo10

I'm 50-50 with Gray, don't have him in my team atm but very close to it, not sure to upgrade Defender or upgrade to this guy.  :-X  ???

elephants

Would be keen but can't find a spot for him in my FWD line...

Buddy, Pav, Sidebottom, Dangerfield, Brown, rookies.

Bruce McAvaney

Port have recruited McCarthy and Ebert into their midfield so who says Gray will play midfield again in 2012?

elephants

TheHanger

Quote from: Hawks_1976 on February 14, 2012, 07:04:44 PM
Jack Redden : In 2010 his first 11 games came at an average of 68. His last 11 games came at an average of 90. Statistically he was screaming to be picked for 2011 yet very few would have selected him as his overall season average was 79. As we now know, that form in the 2nd half of 2010 held up and he went on to average 109 in 2011.

Robbie Gray : In 2011 his first 10 games came at an average of 65. His last 11 games came at an average of 97. Statistically he is screaming to be picked for 2012 yet very few will select him because his overall season average in 2011 was 81. This is coupled with the fact that other R13 bye premiums include Franklin, Martin, Robinson, Ablett, Mitchell, Murphy or any other St.kilda mids or fwds up for consideration.

I'm not suggesting Gray will do a Redden but if he remains fit should continue to push a 100 av as he will get plenty of midfield time and loves a goal.

Last year I was all over Redden yet I never picked him because I was too focussed on the guns/rookies strategy.

Robbie Gray get a spot in my side for 2012.

the difference is that 2012 is Gray's 6th AFL season but 2011 was Redden's 3rd season a perfect season for a big rise in scores