Have another look and.........Still feel free to Rip it to shreds if you please!

Started by no eye deer, February 14, 2012, 04:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no eye deer

Backs: Goddard, delidio, enright, broughton, Howard, Clark, Spurr ( Ellis, Wilkes)

Mids: Abblet, Murphy, Barlow, gaff, Clifton, zorko ( Treolar, brown)

Rucks: sandi, kreuser, (Stevenson, Giles)

Forwards: buddy, pav, Gray, brown, Christianson, pfeiffer,Hampton (fwd bench not decided yet)

$574,900 in bank.

How bad ( or good??) is it?????   :)

MightyLions

Wow. I'll start off with Howard as in C. Howard?  Upgrade him to the likes of S. Fisher/C. Newman/H. Shaw with the money thats in the bank. Upgrade Christianson to a fwd premium such as Chapman/Fyfe/Martin with the remaining money in the bank. Gaff a very unique mid priced pick, may completely backfire and reck you or could do well. Pretty solid otherwise, but in my opinion everyone needs to stock up on the strong teams and you don't have 1 collingwood premium. Anyway, Good Luck!

no eye deer

Like I said, rough draft. But I appreciate your reply ML. Didn't even notice I didn't have any Magpie premiums! Maybe It was my hatred for them coming through subliminally in my choices  ;D still got 38 days or so of refinement so hopefully be much more solid by then.

Warfey

You have so much cash left use it!

Upgrade Howard, Gaff and Christensen to good strong scoring players

no eye deer

Yeah but don't forget still need two fwd rooks with that cash as well.

no eye deer

Well I'm getting there, but still not completely happy. Seem to have loaded my backs and fwds with DPPs but not my mids. I think this might be a common problem! Taken a big risk with stregnth of mids too I think.
Anyway my latest is-

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw, Enright, Suban, Clarke, Spurr (Ellis, Wilkes)

Mids: GAJ,  Murphy, Barlow, Gaff, Clifton, Zorko (Treloar, Brown)

Rucks: Sandi, Kreuzer (Stephenson, Giles)

Fwds: Buddy, Pav, Martin, Gray, Brown, Pfeiffer, Hampton ( Shmedts, ????)

$167,600 in bank and one fwd bench to fill.

Sowaddayareckon?? Any comments good or bad much appreciated!

Ringo

Def: Shaw, Enright and Suban share Round 11 Bye. (Adcock, Murphy or Johncock as suggestions for either Suban or Enright)
Mids: Bit weak here with Barlow at M3 Need another prem in here who will definitely average 110+.
Rucks: OK -
Forwards: Not sold on Martin as D3 especially with Tigers early draw. Do not mind the choice of Gray. Maybe look at upgrading Martin to Goodes or Chapman.

Sound Team overall Rating 7.5/10

no eye deer

Ok. Enright out for  Adcock, Barlow out for Goodes (DPP).  Only $67,000 left and still need a fwd bench, but rookies not locked yet obviously. Hopefully lock in a few cheaper ones closer to lockout. Thinking about downgrading Martin to someone slightly cheaper (Zaharakis?) Or find some cheaper rooks. This is doing my head in! Good fun though! ;D

nathan11

I would downgrade suban to a rookie and strengthen your mids and put goodes in the forwards where he belongs zorko and treloar give you 2 mid/fwd dpp links which is plenty

no eye deer

Well I'm getting there, but still not completely happy. Seem to have loaded my backs and fwds with DPPs but not my mids. I think this might be a common problem! Taken a big risk with stregnth of mids too I think.
 Anyway my latest is-

Backs: Goddard, Deledio, Shaw Adcock, Clarke, Spurr, Morris (Ellis, Wilkes)

Mids:Pendles, GAJ,  Murphy, Gaff, Clifton, Zorko (Treloar, Brown)

Rucks: Sandi, Kreuzer (Stephenson, Giles)

Fwds: Buddy, Pav, Goodes, Gray, Brown, Pfeiffer, Hampton ( Shmedts, Dell'Ollio)

Got rid of all mid priced players except Browny and Gaff to get more prems, but not sure yet as I think Subin is going to break out this season.

P.S. thanks for all the advice!

tor01doc

Do you still have a lot of money left?

My main concern is lack of a few definite keepers.

All opinion admittedly, but can you really count on Clarke / Gaff / Gray / Brown / Kreuzer to be premiums?

I count a total of 10 guns and then Adcock / Gaff / Kreuzer / Gray / Brown ??

Good luck.

no eye deer

no eye deer

Maybe I need to find cheaper rookies to gain a bit of cash, then upgrade a couple of  those risky choices? Fark, $10,000 doesn't go far! :P

no eye deer

Weel it's changing every day, but isn't everyone's!

Latest-
           Gods, Del, Shaw, Adcock, Burgoyne, Hargrave, Spurr ( Morris, Wilkes)

GAJ, Murf, Jellwood, Gaff, Clifton, Brown ( Magner, Gibson)

Cox,  Giles ( Redden, Stephenson)

Buddy, Fyfe, Goodes, Gray, Porps, Pfieffer, Hampton ( Dell Ollio, Hall)

$125,600 in kitty.

Gone for the 3 rook ruck ATM but not sure yet. Mids a bit weak, but I think Gaff is worth the gamble? Just short of having enough $ to upgrade Porps to Christiansen, but can change that by juggling rookies.

I know some of you will disagree, but just trying to be a little different. As always any comments, advise most welcome!!!!

DCAK

You're right, your mids are a bit weak, especially with Murphy at M2. You've blown the budget in defence, the biggest scores come from your mids, so sort it out or lose early on.