Jobe Watson

Started by 3.votes, February 14, 2012, 02:58:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

3.votes

What do people think of Jobe Watson?

He was absolutely ripping up early last year, averaging around 115 before doing his hammy.
He has said his hammy is feeling great with no issues over the last 4 months.

at 490k, priced at a 99 average, surely he is great value if he can step up to 110+ without injury, plus could be unique as everyone is going for Barlow.

mezzoculo

Started with him last year and was very happy (well, until he did his hammy).
He'd be one I'd definitely consider if I was planning to start any under-priced MID premiums.
I'm just not confident he'll end up in the top 10 scorers by years end.

Colliwobblers

i dont know why i wont but i wont, he is a steal and he was not only a leader in brownlow polling until injured he was a top 3 in DT/SC up until then also, why i dont trust him this season at a discount? i cant answer but i dont, probably due to having barlow

Holz

i would look at him but he has the round 12 bye and i have already Selwood and will either go 1 or both of Swan and Barlow

3.votes

im in the same boat boys, and its doing my head in.

he seems an absolute steal provided his hammys are sorted. i can't understand why i have barely seen him in any teams.

Last year he was injured in round 8, here are his scores for round 1 - 8:

135, 96, 134, 111, 101, 115, 127, 71(inj)

thats a phenomenal start.

Holz

i agrre 3 votes, if he was round 11 or 13 he would be one of the main guys i would be looking at, but to push out swanny and barlow he will have to score 200 in the NAB

picker_man

wont b getting him got him in rd7 last season then he funkd it up and i want the best 6 mids so wont be tacking a risk there or id have barlow instead

thatguy

Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2012, 03:11:37 PM
i agrre 3 votes, if he was round 11 or 13 he would be one of the main guys i would be looking at, but to push out swanny and barlow he will have to score 200 in the NAB
haha in 1 game?! thats asking a bit  ;D

Holz

Quote from: thatguy on February 14, 2012, 03:36:22 PM

yeah, its not like its going to be easy to push out swanny.

thatguy

Quote from: Holzman on February 14, 2012, 03:38:56 PM
Quote from: thatguy on February 14, 2012, 03:36:22 PM

yeah, its not like its going to be easy to push out swanny.

i wonder if we will ever see the magical 200 barrier broken again?

Colliwobblers

NOT in Nab cup i think :) but maybe i think the 170's were the highs of last season. And with the new sub rules more tog than ever i wouldnt think scores will get much higher going forward.

penskifile

Don't understand why people think Watson is more of a risk than Barlow. Barlow hasn't even proved he can get back to consistent scoring yet, but you know if Watson stays fit he will average 100+

SydneyRox

If i knew right now that watson would play 22 games I would pick him no doubt. I just cant get over his injury issues.

Colliwobblers

price, the risk is in the price, you don't need as much out of barlow as you do out of watson, yet both could cost you a trade, barlow is more likely for that trade to have at least made you some money, where as watson as you say id more likely to become a keeper.

I'm tossing up in SC between a bunch of slightly cheaper midfields like watson,griffen,mundy,hodge.gibbs,redden ect

or whether to go goodes or fyfe and mode them later to my fwd line knowing i have picked a keeper and won't need to trade.

unceramonius

yeah this is TOUGH.

if he comes out like he did last year...what a bargain.    if he averages 95, you kick yourself.

gah.....he could average more than rockliffe, thompson, etc for a lot cheaper.   but then if you are rolling with watson....why not barlow instead. 

i currently have him, what are other peoples thoughts?