Main Menu

Mundy

Started by Kenny27, February 13, 2012, 01:27:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny27

I know alot of people are on the Barlow bandwagon but Mundy was on fire last year before he went down with a injury if you take out his game where he was injured in the first qtr his average was 116 for the year 6th highest of all mids.

His combination with Sandi is lethal and if the big guy stays healthy Mundy could turn into a potential top 5 mid.

Anyone else been interested in Mundy as a unique pick?

Bluesman

Yes. But he has had an interrupted preseason that has turned people away. Will be looked upon as a good upgrade target if he fires!

Usman

mundy has the potential to avg 115-120+ he will be elite this year i just cant bring myself to pick him for some reason.

meow meow

Won't play Nab cup and is in serious doubt for round 1.

SydneyRox

Not on him at all. Barlow will be all over this role.

Bruizer81

Averaged big numbers in Barlow's absence.

Look at the year before when Barlow dominated... Think Mundy averaged 93ish.

At 580k he is not worth risking.  Step up to J. Selwood for another 24k and lock in a minimum 115 average this year.

Montag, Cotchin, Redden, Bartel, J. Watson will all average more than Mundy, and are all cheaper

Footyrulz

damn, he was gonna be my best unique!!! i worked out that he avreaged 116! i will get him!

Usman

Quote from: Bruizer81 on February 13, 2012, 07:53:17 PM

At 580k he is not worth risking.  Step up to J. Selwood for another 24k and lock in a minimum 115 average this year.

Montag, Cotchin, Redden, Bartel, J. Watson will all average more than Mundy, and are all cheaper

Mundy is more valuable to the dockers than Barlow. Is it not possible for him to increase his avg from 93-107 just because he improved? he was one of the best players in the league at the start of last year, not just anyone can do that because another midfielder (that has had one good half year) was not playing. Mundy is a real engine room player, a big bodied player that does the hard work. he is not fast but he gets loads of clearences and pressure acts which are heavily rewarded in supercoach also he is a super kick especially inside 50, ranked #1 the best in the league last year. He is a gun that definately should be considered as a player that goes from premium to super premium if he continues his the start he had in 2011 before injury. I do agree that montag, cotch and watson could all avg more than mundy but none of them has Sandilands to feed him the ball.

Kenny27

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 13, 2012, 02:30:05 PM
Not on him at all. Barlow will be all over this role.

These roles wont change Mundy is the No.1 mid at freo fully fit no question. But is he worth the risk at the price... not sure

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Usman on February 13, 2012, 11:10:56 PM
Quote from: Bruizer81 on February 13, 2012, 07:53:17 PM

Mundy is more valuable to the dockers than Barlow. Is it not possible for him to increase his avg from 93-107 just because he improved? he was one of the best players in the league at the start of last year, not just anyone can do that because another midfielder (that has had one good half year) was not playing. Mundy is a real engine room player, a big bodied player that does the hard work. he is not fast but he gets loads of clearences and pressure acts which are heavily rewarded in supercoach also he is a super kick especially inside 50, ranked #1 the best in the league last year. He is a gun that definately should be considered as a player that goes from premium to super premium if he continues his the start he had in 2011 before injury. I do agree that montag, cotch and watson could all avg more than mundy but none of them has Sandilands to feed him the ball.

I don't think the problem is that Mundy's scores will go back to what they were when Barlow was in the team, but closer to the fact that Mundy's average won't increase as much as it did last year.

I agree that Mundy is an absolute gun, but each game only gets roughly 3300 SC points, and with Barlow back and taking his share of the pie, Mundy will have to do more work to even keep his average, let alone increase it. He will still have some ripper scores - remember SC points are awarded based on influence, and there WILL be days when Mundy is on fire and his competition is asleep. So I'm not saying it's impossible for him to lift his scores (I mean look at Pendles and Swan! :P), just that I don't think he can do it consistently week in, week out - there are cheaper options that will be more consistent.