Main Menu

Proving people wrong again

Started by TheMailman, February 13, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheMailman

The Crows are anything but top 8 at the moment.

You really think that in half a year and a new coach is going to send them from 14th to top 8?

I wouldn't even be pencilling the 4 matches against GC and GWS.

If GC can beat Port and Adelaide can't even beat Port then what does that say?

The only teams that can disrupt the top 8 from 2011 are Fremantle, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs who, funnily enough came 9th 10th and 11th.

Capper

Quote from: TheMailman on February 16, 2012, 05:25:22 PM

enough said right there

Ziplock

I think that richmond would be more in the mix than the dogs.

TheMailman

Quote from: Ziplock on February 16, 2012, 06:33:03 PM
I think that richmond would be more in the mix than the dogs.

I guess If they could find someone to help Riewoldt it would improve their chances greatly

Ziplock

well they have vickery and martin is more than capable of booting a couple.

PowerBug

Crows will finish top 8. Just you wait and see. ;)

TheMailman

I think the word "wait" is accurate  ;)

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on February 16, 2012, 07:11:29 PM
well they have vickery and martin is more than capable of booting a couple.

I dont think clubs go in to games against the tigers worried that vickery will kick goals

TheMailman

Personally I don't want the Swans to let Vickery get near the ball

Too accurate last year for my liking.

SydneyRox

yup he is scary!! we might have to doubke team on him

stew42

Quote from: stew42 on February 16, 2012, 12:53:07 AM
Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 15, 2012, 08:50:15 PM
Quote from: stew42 on February 15, 2012, 07:55:38 PM
South Australians really are twisted. Do they think that winning the spoon is the aim of the game?

seriously...... Crows and Port are in rebuilding stages and everyone who actually follows afl should know that. Crows are rebuilding from soem poor decisions from senior staff over last 5 years and port are rebuilding after their run to the gf in 2007. Over the last 5 years crows and port have lost very experienced players and therefore are now filled with teams of youth. Crows and Port will be top 8 teams by 3 years time while Sydney are stuck in the midle of the ladder going no where in three years time. That is why you are the laughing stock. Sydney is like a dt full of mid pricers yeah you might average 1900 consistently but you wont really get anywhere. Port and Crows are like a dt full of rookies, you have to put up with shower scores at the start but by the end you have a team of premiums
I didn't mean that the SA teams are no good, but using them to explain why the Swans suck just doesn't work. The Swans have done very well with their recruitments, both in trade week and the drafts, allowing them to play finals in the majority of the last decade. Can any of the SA teams say that? Adelaide have "made poor decisions..."

And one last thing: DT excellence does not equal AFL excellence. It's the whole champion team vs team of champions thing
Yeah... 'bout that... called it!  8)

Capper

Mailman the 2nd

Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2012, 12:39:22 AM
you're flowered if goodes goes down.

Good call Zip lol  :P

I like the creator of this thread. He seemed to make a good call

CrowsFan

I personally like this comment he made...

Quote from: TheMailman on February 16, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
The Crows are anything but top 8 at the moment.

You really think that in half a year and a new coach is going to send them from 14th to top 8?

I wouldn't even be pencilling the 4 matches against GC and GWS.

The only teams that can disrupt the top 8 from 2011 are Fremantle, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs who, funnily enough came 9th 10th and 11th.
:P

Capper

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
Im sorry to any swans fans but realistically their list is shower. Looking a few years down the track and you are screwed. Seriously their whole team is goodes, bolton, mumford. While players like Jetta, Jack, Rohan and Hannebry are young and exciting compared to the rest of the comp they arent up to scratch. They lack a tall foward and have lacked one since barry hall (cant understand why they gave up lewis johnston) and that is a huge problem. They have a decent engine room but a shower fwd line. Defence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre

The one team i do see improving is the crows and while people over predict them every year their list is so young and inexperiences. While some may look at that as a bad thing it is actually good because these young players are playing well above their weight and gaining experience with every match. At the end of the year players like Sloane, Petrenko, Talia, Mackay, Jacobs, Walker, Tippett and co. will be in the top of the comp. They have all put on kgs in muscle and i heard the other day it was an average of 4kg each which not only means they will be adapted to the modern game, their younger players will be better prepared to go from the get go. As much as it hurts as a port supporter get on the crows over the next 5 years. Ports time will come and they have good youth (butcher is a freak have to keep hold of him he could kick over 500 goals in his career)
Not everyone can be correct