Proving people wrong again

Started by TheMailman, February 13, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 13, 2012, 12:45:23 AM
Quote from: Ziplock on February 13, 2012, 12:39:22 AM
you're flowered if goodes goes down.

no offence, but just saying :P

mmmm or mumford? Sydney is hanging in there but not muc hcan go wrong or it will hurt, but if it all goes right..... top 8. I like mitchell and walsh coming through tho

As well as Mummy, the Swans have Seaby and Pyke who can ruck, and if worst comes to worst, didn't Goodes ruck in his All-Australian year?

IMO, my beloved Swannies will at least maintain their ladder position (note that at the start of the year we lost our key back in BOlton and key fwd in Bradshaw). Goodes is still a legend and improving (according to pre-season reports) and the youngsters are performing solidly (particularly Rohan). With the inclusion of Walsh, Mitchell Morton Armstrong and even Jordan Lockyer, our stocks are definitely more solid in 2012. Ignore us at your peril!!!

Capper

Quote from: stew42 on February 13, 2012, 03:05:00 PM

mmmm or mumford? Sydney is hanging in there but not muc hcan go wrong or it will hurt, but if it all goes right..... top 8. I like mitchell and walsh coming through tho

As well as Mummy, the Swans have Seaby and Pyke who can ruck, and if worst comes to worst, didn't Goodes ruck in his All-Australian year?

IMO, my beloved Swannies will at least maintain their ladder position (note that at the start of the year we lost our key back in BOlton and key fwd in Bradshaw). Goodes is still a legend and improving (according to pre-season reports) and the youngsters are performing solidly (particularly Rohan). With the inclusion of Walsh, Mitchell Morton Armstrong and even Jordan Lockyer, our stocks are definitely more solid in 2012. Ignore us at your peril!!!

not only goodes but LRT did a bit last year as well. Our only issue last year was down back. Now that Tadhg has gone the worry has gone out of the swans back line. Good inclusion of Armstrong and might be lucky enough to start R1.

LRT can do anything. back, Ruck, forward, bench, kick goals. The kid played rugby league so he can tackle as well

Ziplock

goodes was apparently a beast ruckman back in the day, but he did his knee in that position, so I doubt we'll ever see him there again, unless like mumford/ seaby/ pyke all go down lol.

SydneyRox

Quote from: tabs on February 13, 2012, 04:08:45 PM
Quote from: stew42 on February 13, 2012, 03:05:00 PM

Sorry to say Armstrong isnt very likely to get up for round 1 - he has a quad problem an wont play in the NAB, cant see them risking a player to come straight in after injury.

not only goodes but LRT did a bit last year as well. Our only issue last year was down back. Now that Tadhg has gone the worry has gone out of the swans back line. Good inclusion of Armstrong and might be lucky enough to start R1.

LRT can do anything. back, Ruck, forward, bench, kick goals. The kid played rugby league so he can tackle as well

TheMailman

Well I'll go ahead and say that we'll finish between 2nd-6th

Some may consider it as optimistic but really the Swans haven't really lost anything from 2011. Tagh; although a great name in recent swans history was well past his best and We've made significant gains in experience, trading and drafting.

Put into that we can beat all 17 other teams on our day.

Ziplock

wooden spoon.

GWS to beat them first round, in which goodes does his knee in the first quarter, and mumford shatters his shin bone.

confidence shattered, losing 2 key players, the swans don't win another game all season, continually ravaged by injury they get beaten by the likes of gws, port and gold coast.

devastating finiish.

elephants

We can do ya Cox for Pendles?
Or Cox and Dalziell for Pendles and Wellingham?? ;D

The F.A.R.K.

Im sorry to any swans fans but realistically their list is shower. Looking a few years down the track and you are screwed. Seriously their whole team is goodes, bolton, mumford. While players like Jetta, Jack, Rohan and Hannebry are young and exciting compared to the rest of the comp they arent up to scratch. They lack a tall foward and have lacked one since barry hall (cant understand why they gave up lewis johnston) and that is a huge problem. They have a decent engine room but a shower fwd line. Defence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre

The one team i do see improving is the crows and while people over predict them every year their list is so young and inexperiences. While some may look at that as a bad thing it is actually good because these young players are playing well above their weight and gaining experience with every match. At the end of the year players like Sloane, Petrenko, Talia, Mackay, Jacobs, Walker, Tippett and co. will be in the top of the comp. They have all put on kgs in muscle and i heard the other day it was an average of 4kg each which not only means they will be adapted to the modern game, their younger players will be better prepared to go from the get go. As much as it hurts as a port supporter get on the crows over the next 5 years. Ports time will come and they have good youth (butcher is a freak have to keep hold of him he could kick over 500 goals in his career)

TheMailman

I'm sorry FARK but I just have to disagree there. How do they stay in the top 8 all the time with just Goodes, Mumford and Bolton? There is so much more to that.

Sure you might say, "Butcher kicked 5 goals in a match." A MATCH. The swans quiet obviously are filling the holes of Hall and Bradshaw with Sammy Reid. Sure, the bloke can't kick fantastically in his 2nd year but with figures of 2.6, 3.4, 3.3 all the time in his matches shows quite clearly that he is at least as good if not better at getting the ball then Butcher. You add Walsh, a Tall Irishman who helped Ireland decimate Australia in the International Rules. You add Jack, who absolutely smashed  Chris Judd for three quarters in a match. Where's Adelaide going to find that sort of player?

As I mentioned before, the Swans have only earned one top ten draft pick in the last ten years (they traded Jolly for one).

So in conclusion, the Swans aren't supposed to be a flashy team. Barry Hall, Mumford, Mcglynn, Goodes, Bolton, Rohan, Parker etc. won't recruited because they look good, its because they play hard. Sam Reid isn't going to do a flip over Full Back. He's going to use his superior overhead strength to conquer him.

P.S They got rid of Johnston because he wasn't finding enough form/opputnity in Sydney and he wanted back to S.A. Armstrong was a fine trade.

CrowsFan

Quote from: TheMailman on February 13, 2012, 10:21:58 PM
You add Jack, who absolutely smashed  Chris Judd for three quarters in a match. Where's Adelaide going to find that sort of player?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvxx54esDA0
Second half of that video is possibly one of my favourite acts in football! Bid of Jack Snr about it haha :D

TheMailman

Quote from: CrowsFan on February 13, 2012, 11:05:11 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on February 13, 2012, 10:21:58 PM
You add Jack, who absolutely smashed  Chris Judd for three quarters in a match. Where's Adelaide going to find that sort of player?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dvxx54esDA0
Second half of that video is possibly one of my favourite acts in football! Bid of Jack Snr about it haha :D

Exactly what I was thinking of. I'm sure the NRL is tearing its hair out  ;D

The Swans don't play "pretty boy" football. Maybe thats why people rate them to fall out

Although general consenus from you guys seems to contridict what I first thought

SydneyRox

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
Im sorry to any swans fans but realistically their list is shower. Looking a few years down the track and you are screwed. Seriously their whole team is goodes, bolton, mumford. While players like Jetta, Jack, Rohan and Hannebry are young and exciting compared to the rest of the comp they arent up to scratch. They lack a tall foward and have lacked one since barry hall (cant understand why they gave up lewis johnston) and that is a huge problem. They have a decent engine room but a shower fwd line. Defence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre

The one team i do see improving is the crows and while people over predict them every year their list is so young and inexperiences. While some may look at that as a bad thing it is actually good because these young players are playing well above their weight and gaining experience with every match. At the end of the year players like Sloane, Petrenko, Talia, Mackay, Jacobs, Walker, Tippett and co. will be in the top of the comp. They have all put on kgs in muscle and i heard the other day it was an average of 4kg each which not only means they will be adapted to the modern game, their younger players will be better prepared to go from the get go. As much as it hurts as a port supporter get on the crows over the next 5 years. Ports time will come and they have good youth (butcher is a freak have to keep hold of him he could kick over 500 goals in his career)

FARK if your intention was to upset a few swans fan then you will fail, we are so used to seeing people write us off year after year, drivell like yours is water off a swans back..... :)

The F.A.R.K.

look all clubs can be bias but tbh the swans list is the laughing stock of the afl. No real fwd (sam reid is ok but no 50+ goals in a season fwd and jesse white is a spud), an injury prone midfield that will lose two of its best players in a few years, a ruckman who was at the best 3rd in line at the cats, and an ageing underperforming backline

You guys can think your team is as good as they are but seriously lets be honest they arent going to win a flag in the next 5-10 years and they wont finish top 4 anytime soon. Im not saying they are wooden spooner but id rather be a port supporter who are bottom list because they are actually going somewhere they have youth in their team they have young leaders they have good coaches and they have youth in very impotant positions i.e butcher in fwds, boak, ebert, jacobs in mids, pittard, o'shea in defence. if you are a swans supporter you dont really have anything to look foward to. With a top 4 team you can enjoy their success and with port and co. you can be excited about the future

you guys can get stuck in to me all you want after all this is a swans thread i expect bias but i dont really care these are my views and im not changing them

Cicjose

Mumford is no spud

Walsh and Reid only have to kick 50 between them to be effective

Goodes Mcglynn, ROK, Rohan and TDL can all kick goals......

The mids look good on paper but performance this year will determine how good they can be

If White holds down CHB and shuts down opposition forwards then it will be called a masterstroke and Sydney will be back in September easily

stew42

Now i see why f.a.r.k has so many boos :-)