Main Menu

Proving people wrong again

Started by TheMailman, February 13, 2012, 12:04:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Bieber

Quote from: TheMailman on February 16, 2012, 05:25:22 PM
The Crows are anything but top 8 at the moment.

You really think that in half a year and a new coach is going to send them from 14th to top 8?

I wouldn't even be pencilling the 4 matches against GC and GWS.

If GC can beat Port and Adelaide can't even beat Port then what does that say?

The only teams that can disrupt the top 8 from 2011 are Fremantle, North Melbourne and Western Bulldogs who, funnily enough came 9th 10th and 11th.

Lol mailman haha. Adelaide not top 8 LAWL

Justin Bieber

Quote from: PowerBug on February 16, 2012, 09:08:11 PM
Crows will finish top 8. Just you wait and see. ;)

This guy seems Wise.

Mailman the 2nd

I'll stand by my comment. I was wrong but when that was written stuff like the draw hadn't been released yet. No one was genuinely thinking that the crows were going to challenge the top 4 (fark is stupid)

More Quote time!:

QuoteDefence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre
QuoteYou guys can think your team is as good as they are but seriously lets be honest they arent going to win a flag in the next 5-10 years and they wont finish top 4 anytime soon.

SydneyRox

Whoever made the second comment needs to own up and throw an apology or two around...

My Chumps

Lol, I love how clueless FARK is about everything...

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
Im sorry to any swans fans but realistically their list is shower. Looking a few years down the track and you are screwed. Seriously their whole team is goodes, bolton, mumford. While players like Jetta, Jack, Rohan and Hannebry are young and exciting compared to the rest of the comp they arent up to scratch.
What's that? Not up to scratch?
Kieren Jack finished equal eleventh in the brownlow.
Jetta was in the AA squad.
Hannaberry had 28 (I think) disposals and in my opinion, was best on ground in the 2012 grand final, which Sydney won, just incase you missed that FARKy.
I think those three might just be fairly labelled, 'up to scratch', don'tcha think?

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 10:08:38 PM
They lack a tall foward and have lacked one since barry hall (cant understand why they gave up lewis johnston) and that is a huge problem. They have a decent engine room but a shower fwd line. Defence is also ageing with shaw nearly past it and then ted richards and lrt mediocre
Ted Richards; 2012 All Australian centre half-back, a little better than mediocre.
LRT had an amazing finals series.. He was a key to victory.
Shaw was good all season, whether he was playing a lock down roll or running off half-back.
Wrong again, FARK.

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 13, 2012, 11:40:46 PM
look all clubs can be bias but tbh the swans list is the laughing stock of the afl. No real fwd (sam reid is ok but no 50+ goals in a season fwd and jesse white is a spud), an injury prone midfield that will lose two of its best players in a few years, a ruckman who was at the best 3rd in line at the cats, and
I just can't stop laughing!
Laughing stock of the AFL wins the 2012 premiership.... Who-da-thunk-it?
Injury prone midfield? What on earth are you talking about?

Like seriously, who were you referring to? I don't even know.

an ageing underperforming backline
Regarded as the best backline in the league by SO many experts.
You.are.a.jet.

But it gets better...
You guys can think your team is as good as they are but seriously lets be honest they arent going to win a flag in the next 5-10 years and they wont finish top 4 anytime soon.
Yes, yes yes yes yes yes.
I cannot describe how in awe I am of your football knowledge.
Please FARK, teach me your ways.

Im not saying they are wooden spooner but id rather be a port supporter who are bottom list because they are actually going somewhere they have youth in their team they have young leaders they have good coaches and they have youth in very impotant positions
Would you FARK? Would you really?
And yeah, you were SO right. Matthew Primus turned out to be a great coach.

you guys can get stuck in to me all you want after all this is a swans thread i expect bias but i dont really care these are my views and im not changing them
Will you change your opinion now FARK?
You twat.

My Chumps

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 14, 2012, 10:26:16 PM
Quote from: TheMailman on February 13, 2012, 06:17:30 PM
Well I'll go ahead and say that we'll finish between 2nd-6th

Some may consider it as optimistic but really the Swans haven't really lost anything from 2011. Tagh; although a great name in recent swans history was well past his best and We've made significant gains in experience, trading and drafting.

Put into that we can beat all 17 other teams on our day.
Dont tell me... Princes from Nigeria assured you this would happen if you transferred your life savings to them?
Yeah Mails, you were so wrong!

We finished first, get it right  ;D

My Chumps

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on February 14, 2012, 11:53:17 PM
There is no point arguing with you guys because as swan supporters you are not going to step back and look at the big picture (realising im right) you will out of instinct go in and bat for the team. Guess you guys will be looking at the big picture at the end of the year so come back to me then.
I'm right here FARK at the end of the year...

Where are you?  ???

tbagrocks

Quote from: My Chumps on October 20, 2012, 10:11:14 PM
There is no point arguing with you guys because as swan supporters you are not going to step back and look at the big picture (realising im right) you will out of instinct go in and bat for the team. Guess you guys will be looking at the big picture at the end of the year so come back to me then.

Where the fark are you?  ???
better ;)

My Chumps

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 20, 2012, 10:18:26 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on October 20, 2012, 10:11:14 PM

Where the fark are you?  ???
better ;)
Hahaha, nice one tbags  ;D

Mailman the 2nd

Samm79

Cheer cheer the red and the white. There is a bakery churning out some humble pie and quite a few who are fat on it in this thread!

Capper

stew42

Love your work Chumps, my favourite line: "You twat." Gold.

BoredSaint

quinny88

Haha just had a good laugh reading through all of the bold statements made for and against Sydney and other teams..

Hindsights a wonderful thing though! How wrong we can all be.

Nothing to be ashamed of though and those pointing out everyone's past comments should consider some of the statements that they would have made themselves. We would all have egg on our face if we dug up past comments we made
I for one can admit I never saw Adelaide finishing top 8 let alone 2nd
I definitely didn't see Sydney winning the flag
I didn't see Watson winning the brownlow
I didn't see Carlton dropping out of the 8

I would have happily bet any money that none of these would have happened.

Everyone including the AFL greats, and expert journalists and commentators all get it wrong very often. AFL and sport in general is all based on week to week opinions. Theres no shame in it, its great how passionate AFL supporters are and all have an opinion on everything.