Hodgey??? Could be a great unique!!

Started by aces-high, February 12, 2012, 11:28:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aces-high

Luke Hodge is and always been an out and out sc gun!! I never would've thought he'd be a unique option, but I havent seen him in many planned teams and  this year i reckon if firing he could be the difference in finishing 1000th to well in the top 100. At his best he will average 120+. Last year he had an injury interupted pre season and i reckon with a fierce determination after the prelim final loss last year and a good pre season, he'll dominate. What are everyone else's thoughts on captain courageous Luke Hodge and his role with the potential premiers Hawthorn??

Kenny27

Love Hodgey as a player like you said a gun no question. Just dont have him making top 10 mids for the year. Another reason for not noticing him in alot of teams might be due to every1 picking either Franklin Rioli Birchall Suckling or Mitchell aswell and you cant load up to much with the same team members

jasonweare

With the round 13 bye as well some won't find room for him. As I have ablett and Murphy myself

aces-high

Yeah good points guys
-the bye comes into play greatly
-the amount of options the hawks have to offer mitchell,buddy, cyril, birchall, suckers etc
-injuries aswel are a downfall
Just stating as a potential unique though, this bloke we know can rip up 150+ scores and with a big pre season i think he could do anything!
I'm like use atm i love him but just cant put him in my team. Would not surprise me in the slightest if he has a massive 2012 :P

Kenny27

Wouldnt be the worst unique thats for sure. If he can stay niggle free the sky is the limit. I remember back in the day when Hodgey/Cox were the first players locked in few years ago for many teams and i think he was the most expensive player

yorgis

great player but as stated before would'nt make top 10 mids [dt wise] would be in almost everyones side had he

been an mpp mid/def, especially now with questions over lids' hammy

Usman

Ill stick my neck out. If he is injury free he will be in the top 5 or 6 midfielders.

Dont forget he played injured all last year, he is capable of avg 120+

Torress

hodgey has me thinking lately. 577k is a great buy need to find out how his preseason has gone..

aces-high

Havent really heard how his pre season has been, but that could be a good thing :P no injury speculations, hopefully hes ready to rock!! Im gonna take the punt because he is one of those rare players who can explode and score big 140+ scores wheras there are players like priddis and murphy who hover between 100-120 (which there is nothing wrong with;) ) without really ripping out a massive 150+ . If he finds a bit of form early look out all those who avoid him :)

jeesh

If only you could pick him as a defender still. Then he would be a dead lock.

2 large cokes

Quote from: jeesh on March 28, 2012, 01:38:39 AM

those were the days. imagine a hodge, gibbs, goddard, lids 4 prem combo starting off this year.

aces-high

Quote from: 2 large cokes on March 28, 2012, 02:14:14 AM
Quote from: jeesh on March 28, 2012, 01:38:39 AM

those were the days. imagine a hodge, gibbs, goddard, lids 4 prem combo starting off this year.

Would be absolutely amazing :D