Are 3 premium mids enough? Help!

Started by tor01doc, February 12, 2012, 02:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tor01doc

For example - GAJ / Swan / Murphy and 5 rookies (Incl J McDonald) but with Goddard / Lids / Pav / Dustbin to swing to mids if needed.

Have DPP Mid/Fwd and Mid/Def.

Would be starting 1/3/0/1 rookies on field.

Lions01

Nothing wrong with that, Rookies in the middle generally score the best and you need to field rookies somewhere.

The downside is youll be losing 50+ points to most other midfields.  When upgrading to the true Elites throughout the year it's generally pretty hard (sometime take 3 trades 2down and 1upgrade) whereas Defenders and forwards are generally a little inconsistent and not as pricey so generally takes 2 trades.

Torress

its fine mate.

but make sure you don't end up with types like bewick or atley. would need the best mid rookies if you are playing 3 of them.
i did this last year and had these 2. it wasn't so bad due to the extended bench. but you don't want to waste your time with the crappy mid rookies (duhhh!!) if you can help it this year as you aint got as much flexiblity.

cream of the crop mid prems i'd imagine tho???

tor01doc

Thanks.

I think there'll be a bit of a drop off with NDS and Pendles and Rockliff.

Most of the really top guys seem to drop a bit initially. Hopefully can pick the best cash cows to upgrade at the right time.

Am trying to avoid mid pricers as had a few last year like Knights / Krak / Adcock / Grimes.

Good luck to you too.

Colliwobblers

Agreed I would watch NAB very closely and pic kthe right rooks and it will be ok.

I would also consider Caddy almost rookie priced $200K, was tearing up the pre-season, listed and pictures as an animal tearing up the track.

Now he is one of 4 being sent back to arizona to do altitude training to get them right for round 1 because they had interupted pre-seasons.

Me, I think Caddy is just a machine and they want him to explode in the real deal so he is going with the 3 injury interupted guys to get the benefits.

He is a lock in my SC side at $200K and I'm just trying to work out how to fit him in my DT at $50K more. But like the bombers i want this kid on my list.

The point is at $200K he is cheap for you like a rook but should pump out 80-100 points a game. especially alongside Gaj

4INAROW

yeah ive gone with gaj, swan and murphy. i think if you do go with this structure you need super premiums to off-set the lower rookies scores a little, ive thrown caddy, clifton, shiel, mcdonald and allen in there, if you pick the right ones you should be right mate. good luck

Gooner

Most of the cash is to be made in the midfield, so I'd suggest that you could go for two premium midfielders and that would be sufficient. 

Althoguh with that sort of strategy it held to have a Pendles and Ablett as midfielders to bump up your score.

elli

nothing wrong with 3 premos in the mids if you're using the money for premos elsewhere, especially since the mid-rookies will (generally) rise in price faster/higher than rookies in other positions

SonsOfZeus