Martin Vs Cloke?

Started by Adz23, February 12, 2012, 02:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adz23

Hey All,
ive noticed Dustin Martin has been quite the popular pick this year due to his Mid/For DPP link, however with his draw being quite hard to start the season, im wondering what people's thoughts are on Travis Cloke in his place, obviously he has no DPP link but averaged similar to Martin Last year

2011:
Martin : 22 Games - avg: 98.91 - 9 100+ Scores
Cloke  : 22 Games - avg: 97.73 - 10 100+ Scores

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? or other players of better value?

Nick_1069

martin does have a tough start but i think regardless he will be better than cloke supercoach wise this year. martin is yet to hit his ceiling and should improve on last years average whilst cloke will probably maintain last years play, but isn't likely to improve on it. mpp is just icing on the cake for me.

nathan11

people are picking martin, zaha sidey etc over cloke as they believe they will increase their output no expectations of cloke improving his numbers

Adz23

yeah both fair calls! ill have to do a bit more research i think

burner11

I picked Sidey over Cloke coz of the DPP, Gonna play more in the midfield too

Bluesalltheway

meow meow

Bluesalltheway

Quote from: meow meow on February 12, 2012, 05:15:27 PM
Quote from: Bluesalltheway on February 12, 2012, 05:11:09 PM
Go Martin, he is younger.

That's the worst logic I have ever seen.
More room for improvement. He hasnt hit his potential yet. Happy?

meow meow

Quote from: Bluesalltheway on February 12, 2012, 05:16:45 PM

That's better. BUT, Cloke is only 24 and that's not old for a key forward. Imagine if he kicks a bit straighter. There is improvement right there. A slightly more attacking game plan could help him too. Who knows what tweaks Bucks will make.

tor01doc

Lineball decision for me.

Dustbin's front half of draw is really tough.
Cloke's kicking won't improve - look at N Roo / Richo/ Buddy to name but a few.

DPP is the sealer.

essendon33

if your team already has two or more dpps in the fwd line, there is no logic in having more?
assuming the fwd line dpps are built around the bye why not have cloke?

this is the way im thinking anyways

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: meow meow on February 12, 2012, 05:22:47 PM
Quote from: Bluesalltheway on February 12, 2012, 05:16:45 PM

That's better. BUT, Cloke is only 24 and that's not old for a key forward. Imagine if he kicks a bit straighter. There is improvement right there. A slightly more attacking game plan could help him too. Who knows what tweaks Bucks will make.

Don't forget that Cloke's now part of the FARK Accademy, which can only help his kicking... And his SC scores  ;D

Usman

Martin SHOULD be more consistent IMO. cloke as an upgrade after he has a rough game or two. Key forwards are very up and down even at Clokes level.

SydneyRox

Martin for me right now, but not by all that much. I think the tough draw will acutally work in his favour, but there is also no reason Cloke cant get better this year either. It comes down to your team structure in the end.

dmac07

Martin out of those two, but I have Cloke in my starting line up to. If you already have 2 of martin, zaha, chapman, fyfe, sidey as dpp players you dont really need anymore. I think Cloke is a good POD and he is in my team for now.