Gunston a regular player

Started by Noz, February 11, 2012, 09:20:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Noz

The Hawks, and their latest recruit Jack Gunston, are confident the former Crow will become a regular member of the senior team in 2012.

"[We] identified him a couple of years ago in the draft and really liked the way he played," Hawthorn football manager Mark Evans said.

"We thought he had a promising future. He probably has the ability to play the half-forward role or wing or half-back. We felt that was a need for us in the future and we're delighted to pick him up."

Adelaide deals Jack Gunston and picks 53 and 71 to Hawthorn in exchange for picks 24, 46 and 64.
"Adelaide were really good, as were Hawthorn," Gunston's manager Ned Guy said.

"I don't think anyone was trying to mess around with the other. That's why we were pretty confident the whole way through that we'd get it done. I think it's a good result for both clubs."

Priced at $302,700
Height: 193cm
Weight: 81kg

Could Jack Gunston become a regular player at Hawthorn and could this increase his chances of getting selected in your side?

Crows84

Hey might get regular game time but with both franklin and roughead up front he will struggle with big scores. at the crows there was not prominent forward, just tippet who is average too

Ziplock

or maybe roughy + buddy will just take any pressure off him :P

tom_scully

Noz

Clarkson may not play Gunston in the forward line when Roughy comes back.

"We thought he had a promising future. He probably has the ability to play the half-forward role or wing or half-back. We felt that was a need for us in the future and we're delighted to pick him up."

Whose to say he won't play on the wing or down half or up the ground to place Franklin and Roughy in the forward 50.

Capper

Quote from: Noz on February 11, 2012, 10:58:51 PM
Clarkson may not play Gunston in the forward line when Roughy comes back.

Whose to say he won't play on the wing or down half or up the ground to place Franklin and Roughy in the forward 50.

i think that Gunston will play until Roughy comes back and then he will go and play for box hill

hawki

all depends on the setup they want to play with 3rd  tall  in fwd 50 so cant double team buddy...   

roughy aiming to play vfl start of yr

depends if hale can hold down a permant fwd line spot.

burner11

Roughy's supposedly gonna play ruck and might struggle to play round 1 being on a 6 week ease himself back program and Gunston kicked 4 in the intra club hitout.

roo boys!

Awkward price and not sure how much game time he'll be getting - it's a no from me.

tor01doc

Big wrap after today's game.

Might watch very closely.

Crows84

i had him as a lock till i saw his price,  i think he will score well in a few games (maybe 80 odd) but will hang around 50-60 most of the year, gut feeling on this one

ando_10

yes he will play frequently but just because he kicked 4 in an intra club hitout doesnt mean he will be a high scorer

but having said that he has potential to be a big scorer. it is risk

but could pay off handsomely 

yorgis

too expensive and he won't get too much of the ball with buddy, roughy and cyril up there. if he plays on a wing maybe