Go with a unique or stay with the crowd?

Started by Jay, February 11, 2012, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake vs Suban

Lake
12 (57.1%)
Suban
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

bomberboy0618

What about me not having player because others do? :P
I agree though. I found last year with luigi the most joy I got was when Priddis did so well. The joy of your research paying off beats any wins with a vanilla team for me.

Jay

Good points about uniques fellas...anymore thoughts on my dilemma?

bomberboy0618

At the end of the day, it's your call but I'd go for Lake.

itchytradefinger

FFS, just pick the best team you can.

There is NOTHING wrong with a cookie cutter team. Last year's SC winner started with one.

Be aggressive with your trades and cross your fingers.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: itchytradefinger on February 11, 2012, 10:44:23 PM
FFS, just pick the best team you can.

There is NOTHING wrong with a cookie cutter team. Last year's SC winner started with one.

Be aggressive with your trades and cross your fingers.
Fine then. Go be a sheep. Don't actually put any thought into your team, just copy everyone else.
In case you didn't realise, not having Goddard isnt cookie cutter. The winner didn't have Goddard. Make of that what you will.

Ziplock

last years SC winner started with like 6 or 7 rookies in the mid didn't he?

that's hardly cookie cutter...

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2012, 10:56:53 PM
last years SC winner started with like 6 or 7 rookies in the mid didn't he?

that's hardly cookie cutter...
Thought that was 2010? May be wrong though.

itchytradefinger

Last years winner started with 4 premiums in the middle.

Bomberboy, I'm not saying be a sheep or not to put thought into your team. Nice attempt to change what I was saying.

What I am saying is that there's nothing wrong with your team looking like lots of others. I'll say it again, Impromptu's team looked very cookie cutter indeed. Yes, no BJ was an exception. But so was K Hunt and D Astbury. Largely though his team looked like many others.

Just pick your best side. If it so happens to look like other's teams, WGaF?  If it looks different, WGaF?

Presto

Quote from: itchytradefinger on February 11, 2012, 11:17:00 PM
Just pick your best side. If it so happens to look like other's teams, WGaF?  If it looks different, WGaF?
+1
Best advise.
For every successful team with unique players, there are thousand of failures.

Ringo

Point of Differences may come off but can also cruel you. Rockliffe worked last year  :) but Sylvia :P. So i am saying go with your gut so long as it suits team balance.