Go with a unique or stay with the crowd?

Started by Jay, February 11, 2012, 08:56:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lake vs Suban

Lake
12 (57.1%)
Suban
9 (42.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Jay

Lake is in most of teams but im thinking of taking suban instead...he's had a great pre-season and is set to be the clubs designated kicker out of defence!

Thoughts?

bomberboy0618

Im one for finding POD's but Lake has to stay. Pick both though. Thats even more risky.

Jay

Quote from: bomberboy0618 on February 11, 2012, 08:57:48 PM
Im one for finding POD's but Lake has to stay. Pick both though. Thats even more risky.
Would have to get rid of grimes to get both

Colliwobblers

i think even if fit lake is past his best but there is some gold around the high $200k figures if you can stretch to it might be better than both.

Noz

Suban will have a terrific year one of my picks to have a break out year so to speak, can't fit him in to my side but will have a good year. Lake will start of the year a bit iffy i reckon before he gets some confidence in his game.

yorgis

if you like suban so much and you think he's going to hav a breakout year, how is it that you can't fit him into your side ???

i'd rather have lakey

bomberboy0618

Quote from: yorgis on February 11, 2012, 09:15:02 PM
if you like suban so much and you think he's going to hav a breakout year, how is it that you can't fit him into your side ???

i'd rather have lakey
Well put it this way. I want Goodes but Id rather have Danger and Sidebottom than Goodes and a rookie.

enzedder

Talk is cheap?
It's a matter of risk...I had Zaharakis all year last year and he served me well... I think he could be a 105 ave player this year but it's a "think" ...going others that are safer instead.

Noz

i'd rather have lakey

Just because i believe he will have a breakout year doesn't make him a automatic selection in my team, His not going to be a keeper and my strategy is keepers and rookies.

Jay

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 11, 2012, 09:04:25 PM
i think even if fit lake is past his best
that may be true

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 11, 2012, 09:04:25 PMthere is some gold around the high $200k figures if you can stretch to it might be better than both.
like who???
hargrave?p.davis?conca?

Quote from: Noz on February 11, 2012, 09:11:49 PM
Suban will have a terrific year one of my picks to have a break out year so to speak, can't fit him in to my side but will have a good year. Lake will start of the year a bit iffy i reckon before he gets some confidence in his game.
Yeah no doubt suban will improve in value...im just not sure about lake, he does have a much higher ceiling tho

i'd rather have lakey
Why???

Turkies

I've never understood this whole 'unique' concept. Go with the best team you can put up based on price and points output. Don't pick a player just because he's different. If you think lake is the better choice, go lake. If you think suban is a better pick, go with suban.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Turkies on February 11, 2012, 09:31:02 PM
I've never understood this whole 'unique' concept. Go with the best team you can put up based on price and points output. Don't pick a player just because he's different. If you think lake is the better choice, go lake. If you think suban is a better pick, go with suban.
Maybe its just me but is it really enjoyable having the same team as everyone else?

MC

The key to picking uniques is picking the ones that are going to improve and become a point of difference between your side and somebody else's. If your 'unique' player is costing you 10 points per game, then you end up being a one of a kind loser.

In saying that, I don't trust Lake, he's had MAJOR surgery and will start the season VERY slowly. Could be the case that you may be able to cash in a cow for him by about round 8.

meow meow

Who had Suckling in round 1 last year? I DID.

Get your unique right and it pays divedends.

Maca24

Quote from: meow meow on February 11, 2012, 09:50:34 PM
Who had Suckling in round 1 last year? I DID.

Get your unique right and it pays divedends.
meows right. its fun to have uniques.
Also, I hate it how everyone on FF has the same team ::)
SC is to easy now, what with all the herald sun articles and that. people have players just because others do, without any valid reasons for picking them.