If Delidio unfit or draw too hard who is his replacement for your rnd 1 side

Started by Colliwobblers, February 11, 2012, 08:01:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

If Delidio unfit or draw too hard who is his replacement for your rnd 1 side?

Scotland
10 (31.3%)
Carrazzo
1 (3.1%)
Fisher
3 (9.4%)
Birchall
7 (21.9%)
Suckling
2 (6.3%)
Bock
4 (12.5%)
Yarran
2 (6.3%)
Newman
1 (3.1%)
Houli
2 (6.3%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Colliwobblers

Ok lots of talk about the tigers tough first half draw, me I think it might effect martins scoring but not so much delidio's.

But I could be wrong, lets say it will effect his scoring so you choose to upgrade to him after round 13 or

Lets say he is injured

Who of these (all round 13 bye) would you replace him with ?

This is based on having Goddard already locked BTW.

yorgis

why would'nt it affect newman and houli's scores ? i'd prolly go birch or scotland depending on cash

Colliwobblers

Quote from: yorgis on February 11, 2012, 09:05:10 PM
why would'nt it affect newman and houli's scores ? i'd prolly go birch or scotland depending on cash

Yes it would, but not as much maybe? Delidio is a midfielder(apparantly) this year where as they are defenders, so should score as well maybe better in a tough draw.

I mainly added them for the people getting off Delidio due to his injury however mild.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128812/default.aspx

coolfugitiv0

I'd just like to point out that if this is a replacement for your round 1 side, Bock will be suspended...
I went with Birchall.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 12, 2012, 12:45:48 AM
I'd just like to point out that if this is a replacement for your round 1 side, Bock will be suspended...
I went with Birchall.

Good Point I mean for your starting side so yeah round 1, guess that just makes bock less attractive.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: Colliwobblers on February 12, 2012, 12:49:53 AM
Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 12, 2012, 12:45:48 AM
I went with Birchall.

Good Point I mean for your starting side so yeah round 1, guess that just makes bock less attractive.

He will be a serious upgrade target though.
If he can continue his form of the second half of 2011, he'll be my first upgrade target.

burner11

Carl., Haw., Rich. and St.K. all have the bye round 13 so if you have 4 backs that round it's a bit of a conundrum, Have you thought about maybe Hurn (WC) and Gilbee (WB)?, They have the rnd. 11 bye and will stop headaches later on, Both are rebounding defenders and worth a punt do you think?, Or Enright (GEEL) rnd 12 bye?.

coolfugitiv0

Quote from: burner11 on February 12, 2012, 11:00:41 AM
Carl., Haw., Rich. and St.K. all have the bye round 13 so if you have 4 backs that round it's a bit of a conundrum, Have you thought about maybe Hurn (WC) and Gilbee (WB)?, They have the rnd. 11 bye and will stop headaches later on, Both are rebounding defenders and worth a punt do you think?, Or Enright (GEEL) rnd 12 bye?.

Good point burner.
I like Enright, there doesn't seem to have been much talk about him lately. He hasn't averaged under 95 four seasons in a row.
He's turning 31 this year, but I think he still has one or two good seasons left in him, and his bye is in round 12, which is handy as a lot of the premium backs have a bye in round 13.
I just talked myself into including him in my team. Gonna go change a few things... again.

Colliwobblers

Yes Burner good point, but I have 2 round 12 bye players already and Goddard round 13

Shaw and Heppell are mine but a lot of people will have two of shaw/heppell/broughton/enright

and everyone has goddard.

which leaves delio (or replacement)

or as you say a round 11 bye defender (which the choices are a little slim for premiums)

Torress

won't be popular but stiffy johncock round 11 bye. heard he's looking good pre season. him instead of lids saves almost 100k

coolfugitiv0

What about Bob Murphy?
Another with the round 11 bye. However he's turning 30 this year. Meow always has info on Doggies players, would love to hear his thoughts.

bomberboy0618

burner11

Quote from: coolfugitiv0 on February 12, 2012, 12:47:57 PM
What about Bob Murphy?
Another with the round 11 bye. However he's turning 30 this year. Meow always has info on Doggies players, would love to hear his thoughts.

Yes forgot Murphy, Supposedly BOG in the intra club match looks fitter as well this year but thier saying that about everyone that's doing a full preseason.