Is Nathan Brown a good pick at $200K for SC?

Started by Colliwobblers, February 11, 2012, 03:12:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is Nathan Brown a good pick at $200K for SC?

Yes - he will score well, play every game
1 (7.7%)
No - he might play every game but not a SC scorer
9 (69.2%)
No idea
3 (23.1%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Colliwobblers

Ok so I would NEVER pick a KPP for DT especiall not a key defender, they just DON'T score DT points.

But in SC, you can rack the points up for being effective and making an impact on a game.

So.... being the #1 when fit which he seems to be key defender at the pies is there any value in picking Nathan Brown for Sc in 2012 at the lowly price of $200K?

Thoughts appreciated, as I said I wouldn't bother in DT but I notice how well  Merrit for example scores in SC where he just doesn't score at all in DT so is Brown like that ?

Noz

Tough call this one, While Brown missed the entire 2011 with a knee injury he didn't set the supercoach world on fire in 2008-10
Brown has played 50 games and his career and his supercoach scores have been marked as the following:

8 scores of 70+
30 scores below 50
2 scores under 20
10 scores in-between 50s and 60s

No doubt Brown has struggled to mantain the consistency throughout his career but with Tarrant now at the club Brown could zone of a bit on his opponents and play abit more freely especially with Ben Reid developing, Then locking down on the 3rd tall opposition forward.

Presto

I dont think you need to bother with him.
If he manages an average of 60 (consistent with his best year) he will go up about $100k, if he scores 54 (just a bit better than his average over his entire career) his value will not appreciate at all.
Why would you want a player that 64% of the time scores under 50.
A rookie cost less and will score better.

CuStArDaRm

Big fat no for me.

Dont think i would even pick him at a rookie price  :P, much better options out there