Word is that Deledio has done a Hammy

Started by simma1978, February 10, 2012, 03:13:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simma1978

Word on the street is Deledio has done a hammy in a practise match today. I haven't been able to find any articles aout it but one of my mates who's brother plays at Richmond delivered the news... Not sure how bad it is at this stage but if it is a bad hammy it could screw a number of Supercoach teams structure!

simma1978

Apparantly he was taken straight off the ground  and will take no further part in the match. Apparantly it's not too bad and should only miss 2-3 weeks

simma1978

Confirmation via HS Twitter:

RT @heraldsunmick: Back/hammy tightness forces Brett Deledio off ground in today's intra-club match. More at http://t.co/O4J9U60w SuperFooty - 1 minute ago Related Items

Gooner

Tightness isn't a huge concern.

If he has done a hammy it'll be both good and bad news. 

Good because everyone will have a team that is a little more unique and it'll force us to look at better value options but bad because of the lack of depth in the backline.

ando_10

suddenly deledio is looking like an upgrade target. still a fair way from the real season starting

bowyanger

Quote from: ando_10 on February 10, 2012, 04:01:52 PM
suddenly deledio is looking like an upgrade target. still a fair way from the real season starting
+1
His fitness base would be that good at this stage & the 1000 laps he will swim the next few weeks shouldnt impede on his Rd 1 performance.

I really wanted to get Lids & Dusty after rd 13 anyways...might just do it

Andrew

From the Facebook page: "AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements"

Richmond midfielder, Brett Deledio left their intra club practice match early today with what looked like a lower back/hamstring complaint. Club said it was only a precaution that they took him off the field.

Didn't need this to one of the rare lock-ins going around...

Ziplock

oh man, if he went down it would be carnage in the backline.  We already can't find decent scorers, if our highest potential backman is out it's going to be crazy :P

Capper

Quote from: bowyanger on February 10, 2012, 04:22:42 PM
Quote from: ando_10 on February 10, 2012, 04:01:52 PM
+1
His fitness base would be that good at this stage & the 1000 laps he will swim the next few weeks shouldnt impede on his Rd 1 performance.

I really wanted to get Lids & Dusty after rd 13 anyways...might just do it

+1 with their tough start to the season he will look right for the picking about R9 i think along with the dust buster

nathan11

would think with a suspect hammy he wont start with the extra mid time we were promised so i like the idea of starting dusty more now

essendon33

"He tightened up in the back ... it's hard to know until we scan it, but he ran off the ground, so we don't think it's anything major at this stage," Smith said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/128812/default.aspx

in case anyone was wondering, doesn't seem so serious, however extent is yet to be determined.. an interesting one coz he is in many teams including my own!

Ziplock

maybe he was just too vigorous in his 'alone time' the night before :P

SonsOfZeus

hmm interesting i think i heard h shaw was also carrying a niggle? any confirm or deny pls. now that would creat carnage

cortez

Do it please!!! Get rid of deledio. Id honestly love to see that !!!

Colliwobblers

makes birchall a lock almost if lids does go down, he won't tho.

I'm getting swept along with the tigers tough first half draw too so i might end up upgrading to martin, but shouldn,t lids still pump out the scores if he floats between half back and the midfield against tough opponents ?