Likely GWS Round 1 team (according to Sheedy)

Started by meow meow, February 10, 2012, 01:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

SHEEDY'S LIKELY ROUND 1 LINE-UP
(Names, age, games)

B Tomas Bugg 18 (0) Tim Mohr 23 (0, Chad Cornes 32 (239)
HB Luke Power 32 (282) Phil Davis 21 (18) Adam Kennedy 19 (0)
C Rhys Palmer 22 (53) Callan Ward 21 (60) Adam Treloar 18 (0)
HF Curtly Hampton 18 (0, Jeremy Cameron 18 (0) Nathan Wilson, 19 (0)
F Setanta O'Ailpin 28 (80) Israel Folau 22 (0) Devon Smith 18 (0)
R Dean Brogan 33 (174) James McDonald 35 (251) Tom Scully 20 (31)
INT Jonathan Giles24 (0), Dylan Shiel 18 (0), Stephen Coniglio18 (0), Steve Clifton 24(0)

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/gws-coach-kevin-sheedy-knows-team-for-round-1/story-e6frf9jf-1226267156960

Ziplock

good find meow. Surpised to see buntine not included :P

Manbearpig

I've never heard anyone mention Nathan Wilson before.

mike_3456

Ziplock

sheeds said quite some time ago that from the draft there were only 4 available positions for their draft picks (2 of which are taken up by coniglio + devon  smith), presuming that patton would have been the 3rd, people like kennedy + wilson must have really stepped up to keep buntine and tyson out.

BGK

jamesalex

ando_10

cmon fellas he cant play all of them.

there list is massive so they will get there turn..

sheedy also said they wont win a game all year haha

Lions01

NAB will still have a big say in what happens, serve's as a bit of a warning of how unpredictable GWS will be this year.

Speculator

That forward line is doomed. The only player with AFL experience is O’Ailpin. O’Ailpin. Is anyone else appalled that Sheedy is coaching this team?

Talisman

Love it! Know it's only round 1, but hope this goes some way to proving to all those doubters that say James McDonald will struggle to play 10-12 games this season... Named by the COACH in the STARTING XVIII!! I would suggest that means he is well & truly in the coaches plans as a VERY important player to bring along the younger players (& I suspect basically coach them on the field) & therefore play most, if not all, games this year. Hard to argue that he is a durable player with an AFL-ready body!  ;)

coolfugitiv0

I have no doubt that this will cause alot more changes to teams even before the NAB Cup next week.
Having said that, nice one meow, I love your work.

cortez

Its a good sign when all the gws players you picked are in that 22. You know your on the right path with player selection atm. :-)

Bazinga

This is only the proposed side for round one ... there is no guarantee that it will be the same 22 players for round two though.

Andrew

Quote from: cortez on February 10, 2012, 12:00:08 PM
Its a good sign when all the gws players you picked are in that 22. You know your on the right path with player selection atm. :-)

Quote from: Talisman on February 10, 2012, 10:45:52 AM
Love it! Know it's only round 1, but hope this goes some way to proving to all those doubters that say James McDonald will struggle to play 10-12 games this season... Named by the COACH in the STARTING XVIII!! I would suggest that means he is well & truly in the coaches plans as a VERY important player to bring along the younger players (& I suspect basically coach them on the field) & therefore play most, if not all, games this year. Hard to argue that he is a durable player with an AFL-ready body!  ;)

+1, James McDonald is an absolute lock-in. Also good to see Treloar get named he's in my side at the moment.