The frigging bye

Started by StuL, February 09, 2012, 11:21:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grannyboy

I'd like to actually be able to make a DREAMTEAM again, not some patched up version of the game. I want to put the best players in I can get for my $. Not this guy for that guy cos he has a bye in rnd 11, and I can't have him cos that's 3 players from the same team, or last season having teams with byes in our finals series etc. I think maybe (the) Andrews Football League should fix this before the dt sites BECAUSE WE HAVE 18 F-ING TEAMS NOW IF YOU'RE SMART YOU CAN MAKE A FIXTURE WITHOUT BYES!! I guess that's why we have the current fixture then.

Scrads

Quote from: Grannyboy on February 22, 2012, 05:49:57 PM
I'd like to actually be able to make a DREAMTEAM again, not some patched up version of the game. I want to put the best players in I can get for my $ not this guy for that guy cos he has a bye in rnd 11, and I can't have him cos that's 3 players from the same team, or last season having teams with byes in our finals series etc. I think maybe (the) Andrews Football League should fix this before the dt sites  BECAUSE WE HAVE 18 F-ING TEAMS NOW IF YOU'RE SMART YOU CAN MAKE A FIXTURE WITHOUT BYES!! I guess that's why we have the current fixture then.

I dont think the issue here is how the AFL has gone about the bye situation, as IMO the way they have structured the byes this year is really good (I hate weeks of football with no/barely any games as used to be the case with the 7-1 split round). I think the issue lies with how VS is handling the situation. It does add in extra strategy into our teams this year by making things a little harder to maximize our performance. I personally think though that VS should have left our squads at 33 players, enabling us to negotiate the byes without any big headaches. I think that would have been the fairest way possible, as I am not really a fan of such ideas like 'only having a starting 18 (instead of 22) during the bye rounds'.

Grannyboy

I don't really mind how the dt sites go about it. Usually the more 'unfair' or 'annoying' weeks and years benefit the better managers and everyone's in the same boat. I just want to have a dreamteam again. With this fixture and the introduction of the vest they make it harder and harder every year.

Football Factory

Quote from: Grannyboy on February 22, 2012, 05:49:57 PM
I'd like to actually be able to make a DREAMTEAM again, not some patched up version of the game. I want to put the best players in I can get for my $. Not this guy for that guy cos he has a bye in rnd 11, and I can't have him cos that's 3 players from the same team, or last season having teams with byes in our finals series etc. I think maybe (the) Andrews Football League should fix this before the dt sites BECAUSE WE HAVE 18 F-ING TEAMS NOW IF YOU'RE SMART YOU CAN MAKE A FIXTURE WITHOUT BYES!! I guess that's why we have the current fixture then.
+ 1

Mozza3

Personally, I like it. It's going to seperate the men from the boys. Makes us put a lot more thought into our team and should make teams a bit more unique.

bomberboy0618

Quote from: Ziplock on February 11, 2012, 03:02:17 AM
maybe not top 8, unless you have a really evenly matched league, but for instance last year in my league difference between 1st and 5th was only like 1 win or something.

Not being in the top 4 because of bad luck of the draw could really suck. For instance, you could be structuring your team for overall and have an even amount of players missing the bye. However if in round 11 you come up against someone who's got a shower structured team for the byes, and therefore have almost no round 11 players, you could lose pretty easily. Then in round 12 you could come up against the same situation, same in round 13.

For closely contested leagues it's just going to be shower. For overall, it's a pain in the ass, but even at least.
Yeah but if you come up against three teams like the ones you described, you are very unlucky.