Main Menu

Not the byes again.

Started by PICCOLLO, February 09, 2012, 07:48:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PICCOLLO

Has anyone gone through their team and had an 'imaginary' bye period to see how it works out?  Just went through it then, and without sideways trading premiums or offloading rookies without a min. Of 4 prices rises, i get 4 donuts for the year at a minimum.
With injuries or no good downgrade prospects, it could easily blow out to 6 or 7.  My tactic was to upgrade/ downgrade so no trades were a waste.  Can anyone do any better?

upthemaidens

Spite

I will be eating 2 donuts for certain, I am just hoping that planning throughout the season will leave that number at 2. :) It is going to be crazy!

bowyanger

Ill be sitting pretty but cant wait to laugh my guts out at everyone else.

After reading some posts and looking at teams around the place...I get a smile out of imagining the topics on FF when rd 10 arrives...especially the wednesday before rd 13 starts

Ringo

I have done the maths with bye teams and it is impossible not to avoid one donut unless your overall team structure is weakened and that is not a risk I am willing to take.  At the moment I will be only wearing one donut.

PICCOLLO

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2012, 02:57:37 AM
I have done the maths with bye teams and it is impossible not to avoid one donut unless your overall team structure is weakened and that is not a risk I am willing to take.  At the moment I will be only wearing one donut.

With MPP, I can get it down to three but to only get one, you'd need MPP in your rucks.  Rowe must be in your equation somewhere I'd say

tom_scully

Still quite a few people that don't really rate Rowe, so he's a bit pie on the sky ATM. The 1/2 doughnut strategies are all just theories for now (in theory, communism works). As previously stated I think everyone worrying solely about the bye will enjoy rounds 10-12 but hate the rest of the season.

Colliwobblers

im willing to bet if you take the dpp ruck option you will have lost so many points to the other teams without dpp rucks when the byes arrive saving yourself a couple of donuts won't make up for what you will have already lost :)

Ringo

+1 Collie could not agree more

bomberboy0618

For me, chasing overall this year, thebpoints even themselves out so I don't care how many I cop.

Colliwobblers

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,48038.0.html

thats my effort.

Please not the trades as in player - player are not relevant, some may be upgrades some downgrades.

It is more to show the setup of bye round players not the individual players.

Sparxx

if you go with the 8-11-11 system, with 2-1-1 in your rucks, you can work it so that you only have 2 zeros.

In Rounds 11 and 12, I have 4 defenders with the bye, 3 midfielders and 3 forwards. I'll sell 1 forward, 1 midfielder and 1 defender, meaning I have one in defence with a 0. I don't want to weaken my midfield because thats the highest scoring area and there are only 6 players in the midfield, and I dont want to weaken my forward line because traditionally you dont score as much up front, and the defence is pretty good all-round and can handle a 0.

And then you just do that for two weeks in a row, and you should be right. Minimum, only two 0's. :)

meow meow

That's the number of players who who will be subbed on/off this year. Avoiding them is far more important than the byes.

Colliwobblers

LOL but +1 avoiding both would be handy no? and good call meowmeow DAMN that vest and anyone who wears it!

elli

Quote from: meow meow on February 12, 2012, 07:48:36 PM

That's the number of players who who will be subbed on/off this year. Avoiding them is far more important than the byes.
daaamn.. but it'll generally be the injured players each week that get subbed, so we'd be screwed with them sitting on the bench anyway =\