Most amount of premium's in each position with the same bye?

Started by jamesalex, February 08, 2012, 06:59:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jamesalex

Hi,

Do you guys reckon 3 midfield prems (Swan, Selwood, Barlow) with the same bye (rd 12) is too much?

2 is obviously the ideal maximum number, but I feel those 3 are all must have players. If I were to get rid of one, who?

By rd 12 I may have raised enough cash to get another midfield premium for one of my rookies, so based on that, do you think it's alright to start with all 3 of them?

Cheers

Pokerface

how will upgrading a rookie help? you'll still cop at least one donut with only 2 bench spaces

Capper

m0nty has done the math and basically you are going to get a donut somewhere during the byes, the question is where. Do you have any rookies in your team with the R12 bye as well??

jamesalex

Quote from: tabs on February 08, 2012, 07:59:28 PM
m0nty has done the math and basically you are going to get a donut somewhere during the byes, the question is where. Do you have any rookies in your team with the R12 bye as well??

Yes I have one, Tom Mitchell. So are you guys saying downgrade/upgrade one of Swan, Barlow or Selwood?

bowyanger

upthemaidens

just change one of swan,selwood or barlow to a non rd.12 bye player,,  its only a problem if ya going for overall rank, for league it doesnt really matter..
  like what was already said,, there is a good write up on FF front page about byes..  i would suggest ALL to read it so we dont have to keep having these bye topics,, its not rocket science..

Capper

Quote from: jamesalex on February 08, 2012, 08:24:42 PM
Quote from: tabs on February 08, 2012, 07:59:28 PM

Yes I have one, Tom Mitchell. So are you guys saying downgrade/upgrade one of Swan, Barlow or Selwood?

As a Swans fan i cant see them playing Mitchell at the start of the season and needs maybe 4 guys to get injured to play.

You can keep Swan, Selwood, Barlow but i would change one to Boyd, GAJ, etc and then upgrade a rookie later

PICCOLLO

Expect 2-5 donuts for the year.  Just cop one in your mids for that round.  Swan and selly are good value and Barlow could go premium.  Byes are an important consideration but ultimately shouldnt come before selecting the best side you can.  Boyd would be a good option as an alternative though.

Ringo

Quote from: PICCOLLO on February 09, 2012, 04:56:14 PM
Expect 2-5 donuts for the year.  Just cop one in your mids for that round.  Swan and selly are good value and Barlow could go premium.  Byes are an important consideration but ultimately shouldnt come before selecting the best side you can.  Boyd would be a good option as an alternative though.
+1 Select the best team and cop donuts as they come as overall you will be much better off.  Personally the only line I am considering for byes is rucks as there are good options there to cover bye rounds.

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2012, 02:53:52 AM
+1 Select the best team and cop donuts as they come as overall you will be much better off.  Personally the only line I am considering for byes is rucks as there are good options there to cover bye rounds.

+ 1 but also is it worth trading during these bye rounds as if you trade someone in on R11 they will have a bye in r12 or 13?

upthemaidens

Quote from: tabs on February 10, 2012, 05:51:09 PM
Quote from: Ringo on February 10, 2012, 02:53:52 AM

+ 1 but also is it worth trading during these bye rounds as if you trade someone in on R11 they will have a bye in r12 or 13?
that why u want the 8/11/11 structure going into rd.11 so HOPEFULLY u wont have to trade for rd.11

jamesalex

Ringo

If it is your best team yes. Just try and minimise the donuts that will occur. Do the maths and see what is the more beneficial to you.

Torress

mate why do it?? spread your prems there are good options - maybe even go lenny for barlow
just bring in boyd or swallow or murphs or judd  for one of them even.

this is the main reason im not going barlow, as an inevitable donut will occur unless i sideways and he won't score  :-X what pendles,swan or jelwood will.
crap you may even wish to use barlow as a inflated cash cow and sideways for an elite off the bye during rd 12.
but screw that just don't start him!

bomberboy0618

Barlow is too good value for me. Screw the byes. If your are going overall it evens itself out in the long run.