Pre-NAB Cup Team [AIM: Overall Rank]

Started by Andrew, February 08, 2012, 04:43:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andrew

This will be the first team I'll post, rookies very likely to change after the NAB Cup so I've highlighted the locks. But please be harsh on it! I've got cash left over so I can reconsider NOT starting Swan & Cox...

BANK: $153 900

DEFENCE
Goddard, Deledio, Heppell, Grimes, Conca, Lake, M. Clarke (Tomlinson, Morris)

MIDFIELD
Ablett, Selwood, Thompson, Barlow, Pfeiffer, Koby Stevens (Bartlett, McDonald)

RUCKS
Sandilands, Jacobs (Giles, Stephenson)

FORWARDS
Goodes, Martin, N. Riewoldt, Christensen, J. Brown, Zorko, Smedts (Treloar, Rowe)

upthemaidens

dont know why u want people to be harsh,,
team looks fine,, u could downgrade conca and upgrade christensen to pav or chappy, but thats just personal choice

Andrew

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 08, 2012, 05:46:20 PM
team looks fine,, u could downgrade conca and upgrade christensen to pav or chappy, but thats just personal choice

Because I don't have Swan or Cox! Cox I can see replacing Jacobs by seasons' start, I really do have faith in him as an Eagles fan.

Pavlich I'm now considering after he PBed his 3km time trail this week. That's a huge effort and I think he's going to fire up with the Dockers surely on the improve from last season.

upthemaidens

Quote from: Andrew on February 09, 2012, 07:56:56 PM

Because I don't have Swan or Cox! Cox I can see replacing Jacobs by seasons' start, I really do have faith in him as an Eagles fan.

Pavlich I'm now considering after he PBed his 3km time trail this week. That's a huge effort and I think he's going to fire up with the Dockers surely on the improve from last season.
i was saying fine from a structure point of view,, premium x vs premium x  is all personal choice. sure cox will outscore jacobs and swan will outscore barlow, but u cant have everyone.  its a good team

Andrew

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 09, 2012, 08:02:43 PM
Quote from: Andrew on February 09, 2012, 07:56:56 PM

i was saying fine from a structure point of view,, premium x vs premium x  is all personal choice. sure cox will outscore jacobs and swan will outscore barlow, but u cant have everyone.  its a good team

Fair enough, well give me your personal choice on Jonathon Brown? I can't see enough upside in him to be worth it he'll just end up costing a trade... I think I'm going to take him out for Pavlich.

Windigo

Do you think your lacking another gun defense player?

No Swan?  ???

Brown Vs Christo. One has to make way for another gun IMO. Putting a lot of faith in Roo....

Good team though!  :)

Andrew

I actually consider my defence a strong point, it bats deep. I'm thinking of ditching Tomlinson though, he's not in many sides and is pricey at 141k.

Brown is out for Pavlich. That leaves me with $19.1k

Scott Thompson -> Swan is my only option to fit him in and only just after tinkering with rookies... I don't like Thompson all that much overall but I feel he could average 130 after the first 5 rounds. Playing GWS, GC, and Port twice? Hard to refuse...

truBLUE

Great team mate very strong allround ,really like that you have n ,roo  hopefully a big year from him :)