Ryan O'keefe

Started by Southstorm, February 07, 2012, 09:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Southstorm

Now that he is pushing 31, will ROK maintain an average in excess of 100 this year? Is he a worthy premium forward dpp or are there better options for the money?

TheMailman

Definately better options

ROK has been suffering from some minor injuries for the past two years and he looks as if he's past his very best

kouta

he slots in at about the same $$ as the Pav.  Both Fantasy hall of famers, both on the wrong side of 30...   I reckon Ill try and leave both alone at the start of the year, but no doubt ROK and the Pav will be looking to break their way into my team at some point during the long season.      A bit of price relief mid year and swoop perhaps.

Swallow12

People said that about Harvey last year and he was 33, went on to average over 100 easy..

ubeaut

Quote from: Swallow12 on February 07, 2012, 11:22:35 PM
People said that about Harvey last year and he was 33, went on to average over 100 easy..
Spot on mate. R.O.K is a gun. The only problem is how much mid time he gets not his age. Always gets named in forward pocket but often goes on the ball racking up tackles and clearances. With Reid, White and Tommy Walsh up forward Goodes will be released into the mids and R.O.K will spend more time up forward as they'll need small forwards to go with the talls I just mentioned. Also Mitchell should go into the mids as well taking another spot.

charliesheen

should at least maintain IMO.

Bosh

He shoud still average over 100+

upthemaidens

forget his average,, ive said in another thread, look at last year he outscored franklin by 100 points,,  yet everyone thinks the sun shines out of buddys jacks crackers,,,  ROK plays almost every game and with GWS has first game,,  think u need to atleast consider him

ubeaut

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 09, 2012, 05:06:13 PM
forget his average,, ive said in another thread, look at last year he outscored franklin by 100 points,,  yet everyone thinks the sun shines out of buddys jacks crackers,,,  ROK plays almost every game and with GWS has first game,,  think u need to atleast consider him
Agree. One of the most consistent forwards. I'll be having either him or Goodes to start and the other eventually anyway. Just a little worried about his mid time this year.

theta

Does anyone know if Morton will be playing midfield or forward pocket? Would help in determining ROK's position.

TheMailman

Quote from: theta on February 10, 2012, 03:24:53 PM
Does anyone know if Morton will be playing midfield or forward pocket? Would help in determining ROK's position.

Morton won't be playing at all unless he does really really well

O'Keefe doesn't spend much time in the forward line anymore anyway so thats not really an issue

Capper

I dont think he will average over 100 and Goodes is a much better option