whos going with 1 premium ruck

Started by makaz, February 06, 2012, 11:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makaz

is anyone going to go with 1 premium ruck and 3 rookies to try and gain a bit of extra cash to spend on other positions, any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated   THANX

Mozza3

I gave it some serious thought but I just don't think the rookies will score for me what I'd call a decent enough total until I upgrade.

elephants

I considered but surely a back rookie ( from which we have a massive selection pool of) is better than a rookie ruck who traditionally have scored pretty averagely (barring Smith).

Matt_352

Thought about it, but just can't stomach it, going with two premiums, set and forget :)

pavs nose

i am. i have locked in the smelly burger + giles, large 'o' & rowe

theamateur

i did Leuenburger Giles Big O and Pattison

kilbluff1985

I'm going to watch Nab and see how Rowe goes don't see how anyone can have anything locked in now if he Rowe's my boat then i might consider it

Artax

kilbluff1985

Quote from: Artax on February 07, 2012, 02:43:42 AM
pretty sure he is injured

it's just his shoulder and he is still running but just no contact training

Goibon

I'm finding there's way too much i want to do with other positions, so i'm going with Mumford and McEvoy (Giles, Orren) and leaving it.

I did want to put someone in like Kreuzer, but i haven't found any info to convince me that that's a good idea so i scrapped that.

Torress

if you want to win a league comp. then i'd probably give this a go and wouldn't rush in upgrading the 2nd ruck spot if big O and giles were getting games.

but i want to do well overall hopefully and i think set and forget rucks are the way to to do it.

leuy and mummy for me. but not having cox scares me!

pavs nose

Quote from: pavs nose on February 07, 2012, 12:23:11 AM
i am. i have locked in the smelly burger + giles, large 'o' & rowe

things have now changed. i have sandi, hmac, big o & giles...next the season to start so i don't keep messing with my team

Kuruki

I have Cox and 3 rookie's. The 15-20 points Cox will kill every other ruckmen with for the first half of the season will help make up for the lack of points from Giles or O compared to most people's 90 avg "Premiums". Then ill upgrade to the best performing ruck and all will be right. The extra 380 odd thou used somewhere else will do me nicely.

Andrew

Quote from: Kuruki on February 07, 2012, 05:30:04 PM
I have Cox and 3 rookie's. The 15-20 points Cox will kill every other ruckmen with for the first half of the season will help make up for the lack of points from Giles or O compared to most people's 90 avg "Premiums". Then ill upgrade to the best performing ruck and all will be right. The extra 380 odd thou used somewhere else will do me nicely.

It's certainly what happened last season but it just feels like one of the other premiums - especially Sandilands - could go close to matching Cox this season. And who's to say Cox will average 107 again? I'm going two premium rucks, one of them definately Sandi. For the other position I'm tossing up between Cox and saving 90k on Sam Jacobs who looks like doing a bulk of the work with Adelaide having traded Maric. He'll surely increase his average by 10 pts and nudge a 100?

Quote from: Torress on February 07, 2012, 01:40:32 PM
if you want to win a league comp. then i'd probably give this a go and wouldn't rush in upgrading the 2nd ruck spot if big O and giles were getting games.

but i want to do well overall hopefully and i think set and forget rucks are the way to to do it.

leuy and mummy for me. but not having cox scares me!

Agree with all 3 points there and I'm going for overall as well. Not having Cox scares me also, but as does his price when there's upside in other players. I'm also considering not starting with Swan for the same reason.

Torpedo10

I've gone Smith and Leuy, I don't think a Prem/rook will work in 2012.