The Opponent's Captain

Started by Kenny27, February 06, 2012, 08:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kenny27

Hey guys just curious to see what everyones mindset is on league matchups each week.

Say you both have Ablett in your side and you put the big C on him every week but you also have Swan/Pendlebury and your opponent for that week doesnt will you go away from your perm. captain policy and change skippers to try and win that week, or do you have confidence that the rest of your team can get the job done.

CrowsFan

Well it would depend on the relative strength of the rest of your players vs theirs. If I felt I was a long shot at winning then I may mix up the captaincy to try and get an advantage. If I felt the rest of my team was stronger then I doubt I would bother changing.

Saying that, if I had Ablett, Swan and Pendles and he didn't I think I would be confident in the win no matter who I made captain ;)

upthemaidens

i can imagine that alot of people will pick the premium playing GWS that week.
  but has crowsfan said, if u think u can't win then gamble with your capt. and if ya think you'll win then just take the safe capt choice..

bowyanger

Ablett...just lock it in & forget it.

For SC Swan & Pendles have other point stealers in their side (Daisy, Cloke , Ball etc)...Ablett has none

The same went for SThompson last year...no one to really steal points consistantly so he scored pretty well

Ablett is so unique because he is such a standout in that team...for example...GWS doesnt have a superstar player...just a bunch of good footballers...so there wont be a super dominant scorer.

Unless Ablett starts to carry a niggle...your mad for putting the C on someone else...its going to bite yer bum.

BGK

Quote from: bowyanger on February 06, 2012, 08:53:54 PM

For SC Swan & Pendles have other point stealers in their side (Daisy, Cloke , Ball etc)...Ablett has none

The same went for SThompson last year...no one to really steal points consistantly so he scored pretty well

Ablett is so unique because he is such a standout in that team...for example...GWS doesnt have a superstar player...just a bunch of good footballers...so there wont be a super dominant scorer.

Unless Ablett starts to carry a niggle...your mad for putting the C on someone else...its going to bite yer bum.

Point stealing didn't seem to matter for Pendles last year. Same team mates yet still managed to top the point scorers.

bowyanger

Quote from: BGK on February 06, 2012, 09:57:13 PM

Point stealing didn't seem to matter for Pendles last year. Same team mates yet still managed to top the point scorers.

Yes thats true, but its still a good point to consider IMO when thinking of not making Yablett captain.

Especially seeing as Yablett has had a strong pre season

Torress

gaj is atm is my perma captain mate.

i'm with upthemaidens - if i have a good premium lining up against GWS then that could happen.

rd 1 is potentially on big mummy

i don't concern myself too much with what the opposition is potentially doing. but for sure if i've got the obvious disadvantage and if i needed a win i might take a punt on buddy or something like that. but i doubt it - gaj pretty much set and forget captain this year.

coolfugitiv0

Would like to point out, that whichever team Ablett plays against will steal his points  ::)

Colliwobblers

i dont take it as gospel but calvins captains on DTTalk is a good read each week, but if you have gaj or swan or both then you have a captain each week.

Ziplock

LH does a better job on the DT board ;)

nathan11

it's not important really as the points difference you get is usually not worth the time it takes to change

Sabretooth Tigers

I have Gazza and Swan. If I have premium I believe to be a teams highest scorer playing against GWS he's captain. If not then it's either Gazza, Swan or Buddy. Don't forget if Buddy plays in the midfield he'll most likely be running wild. Round 1 Goodes is captain. There has been plenty of talk about him scoring better in the second half of the season, but gee I like the Swans early draw. Cheers.

fever

i always have a unique as my capt as i refuse to ever have traitor scumbag in my side. swan/selwood for mine

Torress

Quote from: fever on February 15, 2012, 11:58:54 AM
i always have a unique as my capt as i refuse to ever have traitor scumbag in my side. swan/selwood for mine

1st person i've heard who looks set not to start GAJ! wow he might go elite this year again!!  ::)

Ziplock

haha. Good on you, letting club loyalties dictate your team.

That's what all good fantasy football players do :P

ftr, I have a friend who supports geelong and wasn't too fussed about ablett leaving- said that with him there younger developing players like selwood didn't have proper room to breath lol.