Seriously considering Zac Smith

Started by DoctorRush, February 06, 2012, 04:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoctorRush

I was looking through the rucks, and considering we're all about trying to get players who are underpriced, I'm thinking that Smithy might be a great option for my No.2 ruck.

Couple of reasons :-
1. Could definitely increase his scoring (+20) based on better knowledge and understanding of game after first year.
2. Still Number 1 ruckman, so lots of TOG.
3. Josh Fraser is useless, so even more TOG.

I'd be interested in others thoughts please.

upthemaidens

i think its asking alot if ya hoping for 100avg.,  more likely 85avg.  which would mean u are losing maybe 20 odd points to a premium ruck.  for the same sort of price surely hamish mac is a better choice

DoctorRush

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 06, 2012, 04:18:10 PM
i think its asking alot if ya hoping for 100avg.,  more likely 85avg.  which would mean u are losing maybe 20 odd points to a premium ruck.  for the same sort of price surely hamish mac is a better choice

He averaged 100 for the first 9 games last year, so I think he might have that in him.
I considered HMac, but too worried that Goldy will continue to be great and take way too many points off him.

upthemaidens

Quote from: DoctorRush on February 06, 2012, 04:24:52 PM
Quote from: upthemaidens on February 06, 2012, 04:18:10 PM

He averaged 100 for the first 9 games last year, so I think he might have that in him.
I considered HMac, but too worried that Goldy will continue to be great and take way too many points off him.
im not a fan of mid-priced players in general,, but hey give him a go, he will be pretty unique and may pay off

Ringo

Has beefed up a fair bit as well over the off season which will assist his endurance. Not the worst ruck option if looking at a Prem, Mid and 2 rookies ruck structure.

DoctorRush

Thanks for your thoughts guys !!
Still some serious thinking needed  ;D

enzedder

You could do worse. I can see it paying off but it is a risk.

mike_3456

I don't see him as a risk at all. He's had an uninterrupted preseason, has excellent JS and is still young with lots of room to improve. At worst he will maintain his avg and be a fair reflection of his price, otherwise I can easily see him increasing his average by 10 ppg.

MC

I'd take him over Hmac for sure! Decent option imo

Mozza3

Quote from: MC on February 06, 2012, 07:21:41 PM
I'd take him over Hmac for sure! Decent option imo

I'm of the same opinion as well. He looks like he could be one of the best ruckman in the comp. in the next 2-3 years.