PREMIUM + PREMIUM
19 (54.3%)
Premium + discounted player eg hmac
9 (25.7%)
OTHER?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 3

gillies

Which is the best ruck set to choose? is it worth spending the cash on the second rucks?

Justin Bieber

How is mummy cheap? I voted Prem - Prem, but I currently have H Mac...

gillies

mumford is the premium and longer/giles is the cheap one...

Colliwobblers

premium + premium for me unless a mid priced player as you say hmac stands up in nab cup.

You hope for a different answer so you can go cheap in teh ruck and have an awesome side elsewhere but it always ends up the same result 2 premo + 2 rooks :)

Capper

premium + premium for me, 2 rooks on the bench

AndyJ

Premium + Premium for me, Currently looking at the bigboy/burger combo. The Saints have very very limited help for McEvoy on their list .. Baring anything unforeseen, He should be looking at a massive workload infront of him this year. One of the few prospective premium rucks in that situation.

ShaynoB

I have chopped and changed my thoughts on this that many times in the last month. If HMac does well then ill keep him with Mummy. if he doesnt then i may just use Giles/Stephenson and use $ elsewhere

ScoreGasm

I'm going the 1 premium 3 rooks idea. I think the money can be better spent elsewhere on the field

stew42

It's much harder to stuff up 2p 2r imo

Sandi Jacobs ftw!!!

yorgis

2 premos [as we say set and forget] good thing is that if one goes down with an injury you can trade in anyone else

and not have to look for a mountain of cash and still get good points

Kuruki

Ive got 1 premo 3 rooks. Which allows me to have a midfield that will do some bad bad things to your ruck with no lube or consent.

Torpedo10

If Zach Smith is Premium then Premium/Premium.

milisha

Quote from: ScoreGasm on February 06, 2012, 02:07:33 AM
I'm going the 1 premium 3 rooks idea. I think the money can be better spent elsewhere on the field

I'm not sure I buy the argument that since rucks don't score as well as some other positions, they should be skimped upon. If anything you've got to pay a premium for the higher-scoring players, so all you're really doing is paying more for each DT point.

And it has a risk of its own. If your cash strapped, and a ruck goes down you have few downgrade target choices, and you may find yourself getting unreliable or low scores. Where-as in other positions you generally find more downgrade targets with better prospects.

Kuruki

Say you drop your second ruck for a rookie. Upgrade your mid rook to Barlow. You have just got a player that will score similar to the best ruckmen in the comp for 100k cheaper. Cha Ching.

Chelskiman

Don't care what anyone says, two premiums for me.  Sandi/Berger lock!