Are you going with Barlow?

Yes
50 (68.5%)
No
23 (31.5%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Voting closed: February 07, 2012, 10:04:25 PM

ScoreGasm

got him locked and loaded. If he can get back to his form before Palmer steam rolled him he will be a bargain.

AndrewY

Only a 2 to 1 in favor of him so far. Seemed a lot more popular than that, but there you go

valkorum

Where's the option for undecided.

Matty411

He was in my team for ages based on value and his ability to become a definite premium. But now I'm not so sure... one way to look at it is this: with your midpricers you'd want them to become a keeper or make a shower load of money. Whilst Barlow will rise in value by probs $80-100k, I'm not sure he will give us a season of 20 + games at 110 + avg.

Now, if we ideally want 6 x premo's performing at a 110 avg then he will be unlikely to make the cut... right?

So unless you are okay with using a trade to upgrade him to a super premo later on; or you're comfortable with him being your 6th mid premo (and think he can stay fit the whole year) then you're better off starting with 4 proven premo's that are durable and more 'guaranteed'.

Anyone agree?

Kuruki

Im not expecting massive scores from Barlow. I'd be happy if he avg 100+. The scores people are predicting this year are huge. Only 3 guys averaged 115+ last season. This year it seem's like everyone is going to do it. 8-9 games averaging 120 is great. But who is going to do it for 20+ games? Not everybody can do that and it's proven year after year.

stew42

Quote from: Matty411 on February 06, 2012, 05:18:14 PM
He was in my team for ages based on value and his ability to become a definite premium. But now I'm not so sure... one way to look at it is this: with your midpricers you'd want them to become a keeper or make a shower load of money. Whilst Barlow will rise in value by probs $80-100k, I'm not sure he will give us a season of 20 + games at 110 + avg.

Now, if we ideally want 6 x premo's performing at a 110 avg then he will be unlikely to make the cut... right?

So unless you are okay with using a trade to upgrade him to a super premo later on; or you're comfortable with him being your 6th mid premo (and think he can stay fit the whole year) then you're better off starting with 4 proven premo's that are durable and more 'guaranteed'.

Anyone agree?
That's what I'm doing :)

Kuruki

Some big scores in NAB and i think everyone will be on the boat. Will just have to wait and see. He did look good when he came back, he just always seem's to be where the ball goes. If Harvey didnt play him for the whole game in his first match back he probably would be a bit more expensive then he is. By the sounds of things at Freo, Lyon is being very cautious with the boy's workloads. I think that's a good thing for Barlow to be firing fit when the season starts.

Flame

elephants

Just saw 10 news in over here in Perth and apparently Barlow got smashed in some tackles in a practise match with freo. Doesn't mean a whole lot I guess. Just soreness, but maybe on the flip side he has the confidence to go for these tackles...?

I am on him ;D

TheMailman

Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2012, 10:08:11 PM
Just saw 10 news in over here in Perth and apparently Barlow got smashed in some tackles in a practise match with freo. Doesn't mean a whole lot I guess. Just soreness, but maybe on the flip side he has the confidence to go for these tackles...?

I am on him ;D

Not really sure what to make of that LE  :P ;D

elephants

Quote from: TheMailman on February 06, 2012, 10:33:15 PM
Quote from: elephants on February 06, 2012, 10:08:11 PM

I am on him ;D

Not really sure what to make of that LE  :P ;D
Yeah I kinda heard Barlow and my ears pricked up :P I guess after a full pre-season he shouldn't be getting any general soreness.

The F.A.R.K.

elephants

Ozzieshark

AndrewY