Please RATE... much appreciated feedback! very confident early days

Started by baggers11, February 05, 2012, 08:26:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

baggers11

DEFENDERS: B GODDARD, H SHAW, C NEWMAN, J GRIMES, J DRUMMOND, M BUNTINE, M CLARKE
EMERG: B ELLIS, B SMEDTS

MIDS: G ABLETT, A SWALLOW, B GIBBS, T COTCHIN, K STEVENS, D SHIEL
EMERG: J McDONALD, H CROZIER

RUCKS: A SANDILANDS, J GILES
EMERG: S ROWE, O STEPHENSON

FORWARDS: N FYFE, D BEAMS, M ROBINSON, J KENNEDY, S REID, N HAYNES, B DICK
EMERG: S KERRIDGE, J REDPATH

Just after a league win, so byes do not concern me

baggers11

JimMundy93

needs a bit of work

apart from ablett and maybe swallow i dont think those mids are 115+ players or even 110+

drummond is a risk, giles might not score alot seeing as brogan will be 1st ruck

kennedy might be too inconsistent being a key forward

i like the picks of beams, robinson grimes, i think these guys are gonna have a great year

stick with the premium and rookie method and leave out mid pricers

if you spend 250-300k+ on a player you should plan to keep them all year unless they get an LTI

baggers11

thanks jim! i think Cotchin and Gibbs have potential to have huge years and be 115+ players
I know what you mean about the rucks, but everyone seems divided on this issue of 1 prem, 3 rookies. i've done my sums and am confident i can wait a while to upgrade my rucks.
Drummond is a risk but uses the ball too well to ignore at that price!
Might take your advice on J Kennedy though... Cheers

baggers11

Quote from: JimMundy93 on February 05, 2012, 08:43:36 PM
needs a bit of work

apart from ablett and maybe swallow i dont think those mids are 115+ players or even 110+

drummond is a risk, giles might not score alot seeing as brogan will be 1st ruck

kennedy might be too inconsistent being a key forward

i like the picks of beams, robinson grimes, i think these guys are gonna have a great year

stick with the premium and rookie method and leave out mid pricers

if you spend 250-300k+ on a player you should plan to keep them all year unless they get an LTI

AS ABOVE,,, FORGOT TO QUOTE

nathan11

with so much cash left over would certainly look at upgrading gibbs, cotchin robinson kennedy or with rowe injured downgrade 1 and get another prem ruck

baggers11

Quote from: nathan11 on February 05, 2012, 08:54:12 PM
with so much cash left over would certainly look at upgrading gibbs, cotchin robinson kennedy or with rowe injured downgrade 1 and get another prem ruck

Thanks for the feeedback
I think Gibbs, Cotchin and Robinson are in for big years
Kennedy is becoming a worry though.
Rowe should be fit round 1
cheers

baggers11

Quote from: nathan11 on February 05, 2012, 08:54:12 PM

Also you cant half tell your a bombers fan, you somehow managed to have a crack at all 3 blues players in my team.. haha cheers anyway mate :)

nathan11

hmm i did too must be so ingrained i didnt even notice :)  but judd and murphy much better mid options got really annoyed when gibbs got a couple of tagging roles last year juddy with a preseason will improve on last year 125+

baggers11

Quote from: nathan11 on February 05, 2012, 09:21:29 PM
hmm i did too must be so ingrained i didnt even notice :)  but judd and murphy much better mid options got really annoyed when gibbs got a couple of tagging roles last year juddy with a preseason will improve on last year 125+

You even managed to get Kennedy and he's only ex carlton :)  I will take your advice onboard though, much appreciated cheers. ps, i think judd has gone soft since becoming a dad. very ordinary in finals last year

baggers11

baggers11

tor01doc

I think the byes are relevant for league as well this year.

Rounds 11-13 will be tough indeed.

Good luck.

Fyfe / Sandi / Drummond / Beams / Cotchin / Gibbs / Kennedy - all worry me.

baggers11

Quote from: tor01doc on February 08, 2012, 04:02:30 PM
I think the byes are relevant for league as well this year.

Rounds 11-13 will be tough indeed.

Good luck.

Fyfe / Sandi / Drummond / Beams / Cotchin / Gibbs / Kennedy - all worry me.

Thanks for the comment. I'll take it on board

Ringo

Would not be comfortable with both Drummond and Lake risk in defence.

Not convinced that Gibbs is the best option as M3 will he score as much as say Selwood, Murphy or Swan.  I would be using some of your cash to upgarde Cotchin to one of these.

I also think you need another prem forward as expecting both Beams and Robinson to score big is a risk.