Windigo's Team Before Nab (Maybe/Hopefully...Probabaly Not)

Started by Windigo, February 05, 2012, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Is She?

0 (0%)
7 (35%)
8 (40%)
4 (20%)
0 (0%)
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Windigo

Both fair points.

I think youv'e hit the nail on the head with what you said about Gray. I think I'll stick by him as I think he has so much up sided.

Ellis is a little more difficult. I don't think anoyone can question his ability to score and find the ball. It's just injuries and the point you brought up about he will find it hard to get a spot. I'll monitor how his going.

I'm thinking about dropping Jacobs for H_Mac and use the cash else where.

Windigo

Cash Left: $9,400

A few changes. Namely Shaw & Pavlich.

I got get Lake in exchange for Clarke. Not too keen. But we'll see.  :P

essendon2

Quote from: Windigo on February 09, 2012, 05:26:07 PM
Cash Left: $11,000

Defense:

Goddard, Deledio, H. Shaw, Broughton, Clarke, Morris & Darley (Hine & L.Brown)

Midfield:

Swan, Ablett, Redden, J.Selwood, Miles & Shiel (T.Mitchell & K.Stevens)

Rucks:

Mumford & Jacobs (Giles & Stephenson)

Forwards:

Franklin, Pavlich, Zaharakis, Sidebottom, Gray, Zorko & Walsh ( Saad & Smedts)

I want to keep Gray so I had to out Martin for Zaha.

Got in Pav for Brown.

Grimes for Heath Shaw & X.Ellis>Marty Clarke.

Is it worth having 3 starting rookies in back line just to have Super Pav? IMO Pav should have a better season this year. Like the news that he slayed some record.  :)

Is it better now?  ???

P.S: EMG backs are merely speculative until NAB.
still love it but I'd take Grimes and Ellis over Shaw and Clarke!

Windigo

Bloody love Ellis! I got him out because of the conflicting bye. We are bound to have a donut somewhere along the line.  :P

I think it would be better if DT starts after NAB.  ::)

That way I don't swap and change all the time.  :P

Andrew

I like the 2nd team better than the first one and I might have to reconsider the blacklist on Heath Shaw seeing as he's now in the leadership group (just ridiculous). I think Broughton out for Heppell makes your team look a bit more consistent and is definately one change I'd make. Pavlich smashing it in the 3km time trail is a good sign for him and I might try to fit him into my structure. I've got Jacobs in rucks also, the cheapest of the premium ruck candidates and has no competition at Adelaide with Maric gone.

9/10 for your team, just. Take a punt and start with Barlow instead of Swan :P And how about Scott Thompson and his easy draw..?

Windigo

Quote from: Andrew on February 09, 2012, 08:09:13 PM
I like the 2nd team better than the first one and I might have to reconsider the blacklist on Heath Shaw seeing as he's now in the leadership group (just ridiculous). I think Broughton out for Heppell makes your team look a bit more consistent and is definately one change I'd make. Pavlich smashing it in the 3km time trail is a good sign for him and I might try to fit him into my structure. I've got Jacobs in rucks also, the cheapest of the premium ruck candidates and has no competition at Adelaide with Maric gone.

9/10 for your team, just. Take a punt and start with Barlow instead of Swan :P And how about Scott Thompson and his easy draw..?

Thanks mate.

Heppell will give me some honest scores without the HUGE scores I don't think.

With Broughton he can smash out some biggies. But damn can he stink it up.  :P

Jacobs is the cheapest and the most likely IMO to up his average the most given his ludicrously easy draw.

I'd rather Redden. Purely keep up tradition of getting him in my team every year he has played.  ;)

Andrew

How confident are you not picking Dean Cox? He's not in my team as I've got Sandi & Jacobs, but geez... clearly the best in the position over the past 4-6 years.

And how about Grimes instead of Broughton to afford aforementioned gun ruckman? ;)

Windigo

Cox is a great player but I'm pretty confident in Mummy.

What I've done is change Broughton>Heppell. Still not sold on how much he will improve in 6 months. But I have more confidence that he will deliver some good scores and if Broughton's last season is anything to go by....A lot less headaches.  :P

I had a bit of cash to play with so I tried to see who I could get for Clarke.....I can get Lake.  ???

Andrew

I've got Lake, I think he'll average at least 70 which makes him a decent cash cow while being start-worthy in the early rounds.