Windigo's Team Before Nab (Maybe/Hopefully...Probabaly Not)

Started by Windigo, February 05, 2012, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Is She?

0 (0%)
7 (35%)
8 (40%)
4 (20%)
0 (0%)
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Windigo

Right into it:

Cash Left: $1,800

Defense:

Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, X.Ellis, Grimes, Clarke & Darley (Morris & L.Brown)

Midfield:

Swan, Ablett, Redden, J.Selwood, Miles & Shiel (T.Mitchell & K.Stevens)

Rucks:

Mumford & Jacobs (Giles & Stephenson)

Forwards:

Franklin, Martin, Sidebottom, Gray, J.Brown, Zorko & Walsh ( Saad & Smedts)

I can do a few things.

Grimes>Armstrong & Selwood>Murphy.

Broughton>Hanley & Selwood>Murphy

Broughton>Heppell

Not 100% sold on Sidebum but more mid time is a very convincing statement and he might do a Beams.  :)

I think Ellis could be a ripper if his fit. I really want Murphy but am a little short on cash.

So what do you think? With some smart trading, I don't think round 11 bye will be a big deal in the midfield.

Gray looms (IMO) as a huge prospect as a top 5 Forward this year.  I don't give a shower that he plays for Port. At least 19 disposals when he played mid. Enough said.

P.S: Straight from Clarko On Ellis:

" He's in a good place now, two-thirds through a solid pre-season training campaign including an arduous trek of the Kokoda Track in November.

We're really confident that some of Xavier's best footy is going to be seen again in 2012, his body is coping with the rigors of the pre-season really well."

"His had really solid summer with no interruption from injury makes us really confident that he'll enter the senior side and play some consistent footy for us in 2012."

8)

Purple 77

Don't do any of those things, I love it!

Cept for Gray, but I can see the appeal

Windigo

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 05, 2012, 03:07:06 PM

Don't do any of those things, I love it!

Cept for Gray, but I can see the appeal

Thanks mate. Selwood will eclipse all this year IMO. I just hope the captaincy won't do anything negative to his scoring.

It shouldn't. Just fear mongering......

Bit of a Gray area......But I'm hoping he plays permanently in the guts.

Purple 77

Bad pun, almost booed you for that...

Selwood will be a monster, and I think is underpriced

Windigo

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 05, 2012, 03:15:31 PM

Bad pun, almost booed you for that...

Selwood will be a monster, and I think is underpriced

Haha. I'm full of bad puns.  :P

I agree that Selwood is under priced and his possession count was down from his previous season. Plenty of room for improvement.  ;)

essendon2

gave you a 9, like how the DEF isn't too expensive and like the inclusion of Redden! only thing, no Barlow?

Windigo

Quote from: essendon2 on February 05, 2012, 03:17:59 PM
gave you a 9, like how the DEF isn't too expensive and like the inclusion of Redden! only thing, no Barlow?

Thanks.

I love Redden. Had him in every year since his played.

Where would I fir Barlow in? That's the only problem.  :(

No way I'm dropping my 4 premiums mids.

AndrewY

Rated a 9 Windigo. Wouldn't do anything yet. Not a 10 because I dont know anything about Darley....yet

Windigo

You'll love Darley. Watch him in NAB.

Will shower all over Mohr.  ;)

Sam Darley:

U/16 champs (2009) ~ 27.7 possessions a game

U/18 Champs (2010) ~ 25.4 possessions a game

TAC Cup: ~ 28 possessions a game

NEAFL ~ 22.2 possessions a game

Slayed 37 disposals in the first game of U/16 champs and amassing 287 points.

Finished with at least 20 possessions  12/16 games in NEAFL.

Number one for a whole lot of stuff for GWS last year. Averaged a tidy 80 Dt's per game in NEAFL.

Get on him.  8)

Flame

Great team Windy. I may revoke your entry into Elite League. You'll be tough to beat.

Gray is the only ? mark..see how grimes, brown and ellis go over the NAB.

Doyle

Terrific, really polished team, I gave you an 8. Defense is a tad weak, (Only 3 premiums, not counting Grimes) but the team in whole is great with unique premiums and mid-pricers

Windigo

Quote from: Doyle on February 05, 2012, 04:29:24 PM
Terrific, really polished team, I gave you an 8. Defense is a tad weak, (Only 3 premiums, not counting Grimes) but the team in whole is great with unique premiums and mid-pricers

I get where your coming from dude.

But I like to look at it it like this:

Grimes is 90+ player if he has full season IMO. A lot of people will agree with me here I'd think..... :P

Ellis is a top 3 draft pick and has always found plenty of the ball. It was him or Hanley.....

And if he just gets a good start...Which he has. No injuries and doing well at Pre-season I seeing him breaking out big time.

Quote from: Flame on February 05, 2012, 04:25:24 PM
Great team Windy. I may revoke your entry into Elite League. You'll be tough to beat.

Gray is the only ? mark..see how grimes, brown and ellis go over the NAB.

Haha, thanks.  :)

All people you mentioned are all that I must watch in NAB for sure. Gray just fits nicely into the squad. His a cheapish fwd that could potentially smash it this year.

Other options aren't that flash IMO.....:

Monfries ~ Not keen

Petterd ~ I had him in, but swapped to Gray.

Few more but don't want any of them.

Pretty happy with Gray and I'm hoping it pays off... :P

Master Q

Windigo