Windigo's Team Before Nab (Maybe/Hopefully...Probabaly Not)

Started by Windigo, February 05, 2012, 03:04:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How Is She?

0 (0%)
7 (35%)
8 (40%)
4 (20%)
0 (0%)
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 2

essendon2

oi only thing mate, you miss 3 DEFs and 3 FWDs in Round 13!

Football Factory

Nice team ... i copied it   ;D  .... just kidding .. not a fan of the mouthguard chewer so i gave you a 9... thanks for the info on Darley   ;)

Windigo

Quote from: essendon2 on February 05, 2012, 07:37:31 PM
oi only thing mate, you miss 3 DEFs and 3 FWDs in Round 13!

Yeah, I realize that.

Hoping that a mid/fwd option in the midfield presents itself so I can swap Dusty into mid bench. The other option is I simply cut Stevens and play Zorko in midfield and have Treloar/Curtly in FWDS.

The back line will be slightly more tricky. Depends if Ellis turns into a keeper....Which is what I'm hoping.

So same option applies. Find a DPP in midfield before the bye and swap Deledio and bench Godd & Ellis.

All up to a bit of chance. But she'll be right.  :P

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on February 05, 2012, 08:12:58 PM
Nice team ... i copied it   ;D  .... just kidding .. not a fan of the mouthguard chewer so i gave you a 9... thanks for the info on Darley   ;)

Haha. Not many people are. But I hate Sidebottom, but I've got him.  :P

Football Factory

Windigo

yorgis

nicely done windy congrats for having the guts to pick robbie g [reckon he should really be up there this year] like your

defense

Windigo

Quote from: yorgis on February 06, 2012, 12:38:00 PM
nicely done windy congrats for having the guts to pick robbie g [reckon he should really be up there this year] like your

defense

Cheers. I'm not overly confident on Broughton. But with some quality players down back I'm hoping for more of an attacking mid type role as he really racks it up.

Robbie Gray really strikes me as an obvious choice. Shaping as a really dominant break out year. But it seems no one is keen on him.  :)

yorgis

frazzles

Windigo

frazzles

moz211298

Fairly balanced side Windigo, I like it. Not sure about Grimes or Gray though - Could be hit or miss, but if they fire you will be a ledge.

Windigo

Quote from: moz211298 on February 06, 2012, 08:52:19 PM
Fairly balanced side Windigo, I like it. Not sure about Grimes or Gray though - Could be hit or miss, but if they fire you will be a ledge.

Is anyone?  :P

Thanks mate. I'll see how they go in NAB. Gray slayed in the mids from round 13 onwards. I'm hoping he plays there full time.

azza707

I was on the Gray train all of this year based on his numbers last year and though he would have been a sneaky pick in the feds that was going to smash it this year. had another injury free pre season so far and it will do him wonders. but then i discovered that port have the 2nd hardest draw in the league behind collingwood.... also ports are in all sorts, struggling to get a sturdy back line together and their ruck department isn't too flash. IMO i don't see port improving very much if at all on last season, and thus i decided to drop gray and get in someone reliable like goodes/pav or take a punt with zaha/siddebottom... just my 2 cents :)

Mr.Craig

I see a fair bit of Hawthorn and Port so I guess I should comment on those boys. Gray would certainly be a fun player to have in your side, when he turns it on it's great to watch. Difficult price though, I wouldn't rely on him being a keeper so you'd need to earmark an upgrade trade for him. As for Ellis, are you really confident enough to spend $373,500 on a guy who is desperately clinging to a spot in the 21? And even if he is a regular his best DT average is 77, you would expect a half decent rookie to give you mid to high 60's with a saving of approx $250,000. You could use that money to more than make up for the lost points in another position.

Just some thoughts. ;)