Potential TOP 500 TEAM?

Started by essendon2, February 05, 2012, 02:05:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How good is it? (updated)

essendon2

DEF: Goddard, Deledio, Broughton, Hanley, Buntine, Clarke, Darley (Morris, Brown)

MID: Pendlebury, Ablett, Thompson, Barlow, Shuey, Shiel (Miles, Stevens)

RUC: Mumford, McIntosh (Giles, Stephenson)

FWD: Franklin, Goodes, Fyfe, Riewoldt, Brown, Zorko, Treloar (Walsh, Rowe)

A few risks and uniques is what i'm looking for - to be able to do well, you've got to take educated risks = Hanley and Broughton will have more MID time as their teammates return from injury. Shuey is going into his 3rd year (breakout year.) Thompson has one of the easiest draws and should shred it up.
I've gone with Goodes/Fyfe over Johnson/Sidebottom purely because of Sydney and Freo's pre-bye marvel draws.
J. Brown is looking fitter than ever and has a full pre-season under is belt. And with the Saints over all that drug shower and nude photo scandals, I'm expecting N.Roo to find his old form - 90-95 avg ppg.

please share your thoughts by commenting..

Purple 77

Nice reasoning... but the backline is way too risky

Think Goddard will be the only one who will be in the top 7 backs at the end of the year, meaning you'll be chasing upgrades and trading too much in the backline...

essendon2

Goddard will average 95+, Birchall 93+, Heppell 90+ and Hanley 85+... DEF's are never high scorers. Enright and Shaw both won't play 22 games, either will Adcock. Broughtons too inconsistent and Deledio has an impossible draw to start... the team is better than a 7.5/10.

Purple 77

Shaw will play 22 games provided he doesn't do something stupid (which, yes, can happen)

Broughton's been talked about in the midfield, Deledio will score well regardless I think.

Fair enough logic though! But Heppel and Hanley I think are rated too highly

RHC123

Not really sure on ratings, is there a fanfooty general rating system??

Went for 7.5, which is still pretty good in my eyes.

From what I've learnt since researching dreamteam, I reckon you may well be overrating Hanley and Heppell. Take 5 off for each of them.

HMac took it down. Can't see him getting a heap of points, 60-70 imo.

Fyfe has had a poor pre season. Someone (don't know whether it was here or on bigfooty) compared him to Marc Murphy, where they both had really excellent seasons (Murphy-2009, Fyfe-2011) then had injury interrupted pre seasons.
Murphy played all games in 2010, and was ultra consistent, but wasn't the DT premium he was in 09/11...reckon it could happen to Fyfe.

Also is Franklin maybe to expensive with his draw?? You didn't pick Deledio because of his tough start, and you think Hawthorn will be premiers, but Franklin has never really torn apart the top teams in dreamteam regularly (as in, 110+), so his price will drop. Could get him in around 5-6...

That's all, just a few question marks. Plenty of time to make it better.

Also, a starting team is the base, but what gets you top 500 is excellent trading (right players, right time). So this team could finish anywhere from 1st to 20000th depending on how you trade

Windigo

Not keen on Heppell this season. I doubt he will imrpove THAT much in like 6 months since last season.

You'll get what you pay for though mate.

I had Hanley locked for ages but then I got thinking....Will this bloke be a DT stud that I'm looking for....So I had a gander at his stats....Then I picked Ellis.  :P

But good side mate and some unique picks. That's what I'm loving. I love unique players and I hate the generic teams.

But you got to be careful you don't go unique just for the sake of being "Unique."

It's a fine line.  :)

essendon2

I just changed the backbone a bit, Heppell>Shaw & Hanley>Grimes; but is that really any better?

Purple 77

Quote from: Windigo on February 05, 2012, 03:31:10 PM
Not keen on Heppell this season. I doubt he will imrpove THAT much in like 6 months since last season.

Thank you for sharing my Heppell opinion!

AndrewY

Rated an 8 essendon.
Any side with Nroo and Brownie must be confident,'
Hanley and Shaw in IMO though if you have the cash.

fattony

nice work mate. only thing i'd do is shuey -> gaff/caddy to free up a bit more cash. also depends on your structure

essendon2

yeah Hanley > Grimes.
Not sure out of Shaw or Broughton though - NAB cup will be a good indicator.
I was looking at Gaff but he's going into his second year, definite sub chance but He did average 86 in his 8 game that he wasn't subbed. but Shuey is going into his third year and averaged 91 in his last 8 games of 2011.. so I'm not sure. I think Shuey can easily push 95-100, but also what about VanBerlo for an extra 50k?

Windigo

Quote from: Purple 77 on February 05, 2012, 03:38:07 PM
Quote from: Windigo on February 05, 2012, 03:31:10 PM

Thank you for sharing my Heppell opinion!

Finally! Someone who agrees with me!  :)