Best midfielder under 620k?

Started by Joel20, February 04, 2012, 10:20:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 05, 2012, 05:19:30 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 05, 2012, 05:12:33 PM
What's so absurd about picking Cross though?
theres nothing absurd about picking him,, its just personal choice...
  if he scores 110 avg. thats great ,but that is him hitting his ceiling,  barlow would have a higher ceiling and is what 60-70k cheaper,,, in saying that i wouldnt take barlow either
u are a bulldogs fan, are u sure your not thinking with your heart and not your head?

Not denying Crossy is one of my favourites, but you can see that I applied logic to it. Cross isn't coming off a major injury. He'll benefit from a role change. Averaged 114 not too long ago, and it's definitely not beyond him to get back to that.

Could take Priddis for 100K more. He's only had one 110+ season and is no certainty to do it again.
Swallow is a safe choice. Boring.
Selwood seems the most logical, but I don't want any Cats due to their resting of every player.
Then all the way down to Cross there are players who have the same chance of reaching 110 as him, or players who aren't anywhere near as reliable as him to play 22 games.

coconut52

interesting arguement you make some good points about cross but not for me he is too risky and is not young if he stays at his average you will have to sideways trade him or waste 2 trades putting him to super premium

upthemaidens

Quote from: meow meow on February 05, 2012, 05:37:43 PM
  if he scores 110 avg. thats great ,but that is him hitting his ceiling,  barlow would have a higher ceiling and is what 60-70k cheaper,,, in saying that i wouldnt take barlow either
u are a bulldogs fan, are u sure your not thinking with your heart and not your head?

Not denying Crossy is one of my favourites, but you can see that I applied logic to it. Cross isn't coming off a major injury. He'll benefit from a role change. Averaged 114 not too long ago, and it's definitely not beyond him to get back to that.

Could take Priddis for 100K more. He's only had one 110+ season and is no certainty to do it again.
Selwood seems the most logical, but I don't want any Cats due to their resting of every player.
Then all the way down to Cross there are players who have the same chance of reaching 110 as him, or players who aren't anywhere near as reliable as him to play 22 games.
to be fair cross only got 110+ once , before that he was getting between 100 and 105. 

meow meow

Quote from: upthemaidens on February 05, 2012, 06:23:26 PM
Quote from: meow meow on February 05, 2012, 05:37:43 PM

to be fair cross only got 110+ once , before that he was getting between 100 and 105.
True. But I am saying he is just as likely as any of the others bar Selwood/Swallow to do it, while being cheaper than many. I'm not saying he's a certainty, but he is an option worth thinking about.